What game are you playing right now?

Burnsy said:
I mean you were asking about the start of the game a few days ago so I assumed.

Oh I mean I played it at a friend's in December, for like an hour but I haven't started it myself. I'm playing GoW3/Bioshock now.

Finally getting to play Persona 5 on PC thanks to the wonders of emulation. Sick intro so far.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='262129' dateline='1629183497']

Great. I finished 8 a month ago. 

My version has some DLC but I'm pretty sure it's not P5 royal. Just cosmetic stuff and small stuff I didn't pay much attention to.
[/quote]

I saw a new post in fitgirl that mentioned it about the rpcs3 version.

Finished what remains of edith finch, katana zero recently. Currently playing Shadow warrior 2(on hold) and yakuza Kiwami 2. Dropped RE7 got bored of it.

I started playing Hades, It's damn good so far. I'm re-playing Dark souls 1/2/3 in order currently on 1 about halfway through, play some hearthstone here and there started re-playing wargroove and Valheim all great games.

Ace said:
I started playing Hades, It's damn good so far. I'm re-playing Dark souls 1/2/3 in order currently on 1 about halfway through, play some hearthstone here and there started re-playing wargroove and Valheim all great games.

You gonna play elden ring?

Playing the Great Ace attorney chronicles. Far cry from Danganronpa's level but still fun.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm playing FF12 right now. It's my first traditional JRPG.

The battle system definitely is not traditional. Traditional JRPG I generally means turn-based.

Grungie said:
The battle system definitely is not traditional. Traditional JRPG I generally means turn-based.

I'm still getting used to it. I got introduced to the gambit system a while back in the game.

By "traditional" traditional you mean like DQ11DS? I played 2 hours of the demo and I have it on gamepass so I'll inevitably play it.

Though in a way it is turn based, it has that attack, etc dialogue box where you select stuff to perform actions.

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='266859' dateline='1643731859']

I'm still getting used to it. I got introduced to the gambit system a while back in the game.

By "traditional" traditional you mean like DQ11DS? I played 2 hours of the demo and I have it on gamepass so I'll inevitably play it.

Though in a way it is turn based, it has that attack, etc dialogue box where you select stuff to perform actions.
[/quote]

Yeah, like legit traditional is turn-based like Dragon Quest or Pokémon. FF12 plays a lot more like an MMO, and also after you unlock more gambits, you can have it automatically do commands, so you can literally have the game play by itself. Idk what they changed in the re-release, but in the original, when you select to attack an enemy, you’ll just automatically hit the monster on repeat until either you or it dies.

There’s a point in the game where you can reach where you can go to an area, and if you set your gambits up right, you can set your controller down, go to bed, school, work, etc and come back hours later and you’ll skyrocket levels.

The Xenoblade games play fairly similar to FF12, just with the gambit system removed.

[quote="Grungie" pid='266860' dateline='1643770415']

Yeah, like legit traditional is turn-based like Dragon Quest or Pokémon. FF12 plays a lot more like an MMO, and also after you unlock more gambits, you can have it automatically do commands, so you can literally have the game play by itself. Idk what they changed in the re-release, but in the original, when you select to attack an enemy, you’ll just automatically hit the monster on repeat until either you or it dies.

There’s a point in the game where you can reach where you can go to an area, and if you set your gambits up right, you can set your controller down, go to bed, school, work, etc and come back hours later and you’ll skyrocket levels.

The Xenoblade games play fairly similar to FF12, just with the gambit system removed.
[/quote]

It is exactly that in the re release. Though I'm way over leveled right now so there actually hasn't been a lot of room for me to actually experiment with gambits, and the other problem is I haven't gathered every character in the party yet and I haven't even unlocked 20% of any existing characters' powers and abilities.

In the new version we can select 2 jobs per character btw, and there's speed boosts (2x, 4x) which have been a God send.

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='266861' dateline='1643776278']

It is exactly that in the re release. Though I'm way over leveled right now so there actually hasn't been a lot of room for me to actually experiment with gambits, and the other problem is I haven't gathered every character in the party yet and I haven't even unlocked 20% of any existing characters' powers and abilities.

In the new version we can select 2 jobs per character btw, and there's speed boosts (2x, 4x) which have been a God send.
[/quote]

Everyone had identical boards in the original, so you could have a very customized party, or have everyone do everything. It felt very time consuming, and I hated trying to upgrade my equipment when I went to a new area, and I didn’t unlock enough on the board to equip it.

I’m still not used to seeing people speak positively about FF12, because people hated the game for so long. Though the FF community is one of those communities where they always hate the newest entries, and when another one comes out, a previously hated game is now acceptable to like.

Back