Reading new HxH together

MadaraUchiha said:
I'd forgive Kishi for that, him being the protagonist and all. I started not liking the series when the plot-twist with Black Zetsu happened, and Kaguya became the main antagonist. That's when the war started dragging.
Well, I still want variation though =) If One Piece ends with Luffy personally beating up all Yonko I'll be disappointed as well. I want there to be some twist, something that I can't predict, especially since defeating the main enemies is such an important part of a shonen show.

Sindar said:
Well, I still want variation though =) If One Piece ends with Luffy personally beating up all Yonko I'll be disappointed as well. I want there to be some twist, something that I can't predict, especially since defeating the main enemies is such an important part of a shonen show.

Hmm, while I agree that if Luffy can defeat all Yonko single-handedly, that will be too cliche. But how will he become a Pirate King? So far I still think Luffy will eventually become the Pirate King, and that will including fighting with the Yonko to decide who's the strongest.

Arsudar said:
Hmm, while I agree that if Luffy can defeat all Yonko single-handedly, that will be too cliche. But how will he become a Pirate King? So far I still think Luffy will eventually become the Pirate King, and that will including fighting with the Yonko to decide who's the strongest.
Well, that doesn't mean that he has to defeat all the Yonko by himself. That's like a video game with each mission or level with the appropriate boss.

Arsudar said:

If that's reality then I guess One Piece will become a more serious series. I mean so far the series has quite a balance between serious aspects and funny aspects. If Luffy once again loses his friend then high chance this will become a tremendous drive which make Luffy become a serious man, not a funny guy like we've been seeing for years.
While I'm not really fond of that plot, it is still quite interesting development.

Arsudar said:
If that's reality then I guess One Piece will become a more serious series. I mean so far the series has quite a balance between serious aspects and funny aspects. If Luffy once again loses his friend then high chance this will become a tremendous drive which make Luffy become a serious man, not a funny guy like we've been seeing for years.
While I'm not really fond of that plot, it is still quite interesting development.

Who would you want to kill in straw hats. I would want to watch brook or sanji die.

Arsudar said:

I don't think anything can change Luffy from being a goof, Oda won't do that =) But I can see him gaining additional motivations and goals. Like, at some point it would be cool to see Luffy wanting to overthrow the world government, crush the underworld and so on. He already fights for justice, but he only does it cause particular villains piss him off. I think we can expect other changes in Luffy's character too, but Oda won't ruin the positive and optimistic feeling of the series.

Sindar said:
I don't think anything can change Luffy from being a goof, Oda won't do that =) But I can see him gaining additional motivations and goals. Like, at some point it would be cool to see Luffy wanting to overthrow the world government, crush the underworld and so on. He already fights for justice, but he only does it cause particular villains piss him off. I think we can expect other changes in Luffy's character too, but Oda won't ruin the positive and optimistic feeling of the series.

Why don't you just admit that you don't want to see luffy changing? I hate it if he discards his stupidity.

Nel said:
Why don't you just admit that you don't want to see luffy changing? I hate it if he discards his stupidity.

I would probably be very excited to see Luffy change, in whatever direction =) I like this kind of dynamics. But that said, I think Oda won't do that, cause there is a particular direction he wants his story to follow. While it becomes more and more oriented towards taking on realistic social issues, I also I think Oda wants his manga to remain positive, to give people uplifting feelings of hope. That is why I don't expect him to change Luffy much. Also, literally millions of people will be upset if Luffy changes too much too fast, I think that is a huge factor too for Oda.

Sindar said:
I would probably be very excited to see Luffy change, in whatever direction =) I like this kind of dynamics. But that said, I think Oda won't do that, cause there is a particular direction he wants his story to follow. While it becomes more and more oriented towards taking on realistic social issues, I also I think Oda wants his manga to remain positive, to give people uplifting feelings of hope. That is why I don't expect him to change Luffy much. Also, literally millions of people will be upset if Luffy changes too much too fast, I think that is a huge factor too for Oda.

I can see that now. I would probably be one of those people who would hate to see luffy change. But oda can do unexpected things too. Like the introduction of sabo into the scene suddenly to replace ace

Nel said:
I can see that now. I would probably be one of those people who would hate to see luffy change. But oda can do unexpected things too. Like the introduction of sabo into the scene suddenly to replace ace

I wonder why Sabo appeared in the story. If it was Bleach or Naruto I'd say "so that the will of Ace could survive and be passed down". But that is One Piece, I am sure he will play a more important role than that.

Sindar said:
I wonder why Sabo appeared in the story. If it was Bleach or Naruto I'd say "so that the will of Ace could survive and be passed down". But that is One Piece, I am sure he will play a more important role than that.

I don't think so. Ace died and believe me he got better chance at becoming the pirate king than luffy being the son of gold d roger . May be that's why oda killed him to make luffy look like the only option.

I don't think trafalgar will be a problem.

Nel said:
I don't think so. Ace died and believe me he got better chance at becoming the pirate king than luffy being the son of gold d roger . May be that's why oda killed him to make luffy look like the only option.

I don't think trafalgar will be a problem.

It sounds like a "cliche" if you can predict Ace's death XD?
But yeah I agree Sabo will have more important role in the future. What I'm curious most is how and when the Liberation force led by Dragon will act? That will probably be long but it can be interesting to see how these "father and son" play out.

Arsudar said:
It sounds like a "cliche" if you can predict Ace's death XD?
But yeah I agree Sabo will have more important role in the future. What I'm curious most is how and when the Liberation force led by Dragon will act? That will probably be long but it can be interesting to see how these "father and son" play out.

Back