Reading new HxH together

MadaraUchiha said:
I see. It's just that I became very lazy. The main reason why I download stuff is because of subtitles, and since streaming websites have episodes with subtitles by default, I felt I didn't really need them.

You know Japanese and you don't need subtitles then?
I only know @Mansi14 know Japanese but I never thought there are others who knows Japanese as well

Arsudar said:
Sorry I can't join with you guys (currently quite busy with my work so I can't online in forum much).
I've dropped HxH after the Ant King arc so not really know what's next right now. Still, I would like to see how the story goes.
* Not related to HxH: Bleach is indeed a good series; however, I agree that it lost its charm after the Arrancar Arc. It seems many of my friends also agree that it should've ended at that arc, the Subtitute Shinigami arc is kinda... unattractive, it's not needed. The final Juha Bach Arc also gave me a disappointment. It's like Kubo created a too powerful boss and it ended in "non-climatic" way.

Sindar said:

The manga is finished, and I don't think it will get a new anime adaptation, so you may as well read it if you wanna see the end of the story ^^'

He lost his powers, then he got them back, and then there was a huge new arc with new enemies and other cool stuff, which finished the story

Unless I remember wrong, this is a pretty fun part of the series. The last 20-30 episodes of the arrancar arc are especially great. If you decide to watch it, consider skipping fillers though.

Nel said:
I only know @Mansi14 know Japanese but I never thought there are others who knows Japanese as well

You misunderstood. I meant I download stuff(which include movies, tv series, anime), because when you stream them, you can't get subtitles. But, anime already has subtitles when streaming on the internet, that's why I don't stream them. I never said I watch without subtitles.
On a side note, I do know a little bit of Japanese. I took a one year course in my University last year.

MadaraUchiha said:
You misunderstood. I meant I download stuff(which include movies, tv series, anime), because when you stream them, you can't get subtitles. But, anime already has subtitles when streaming on the internet, that's why I don't stream them. I never said I watch without subtitles.
On a side note, I do know a little bit of Japanese. I took a one year course in my University last year.

Now I see the actual intent. A year? Then you must know how to read and write Japanese as well.

Nel said:
Now I see the actual intent. A year? Then you must know how to read and write Japanese as well.
By the way, I made a mistake. I meant I never download anime because it already has subtitles when I'm streaming.
I can read and write rudimentary Japanese. You know, simple sentences and all that. A little bit of Kanji too.

MadaraUchiha said:
By the way, I made a mistake. I meant I never download anime because it already has subtitles when I'm streaming.
I can read and write rudimentary Japanese. You know, simple sentences and all that. A little bit of Kanji too.

That's cool. Was it hard to learn? I saw the letters and they seemed really tough.
What is kanji?

Nel said:
That's cool. Was it hard to learn? I saw the letters and they seemed really tough.
What is kanji?
Japanese is pretty easy if you have a good teacher. My teacher was pretty good, so, I found it to be easy.
Kanji are Chinese characters adapted for Japanese.

MadaraUchiha said:
Japanese is pretty easy if you have a good teacher. My teacher was pretty good, so, I found it to be easy.
Kanji are Chinese characters adapted for Japanese.

Got it. So, there are two types of characters. Original japanese characters and kanji characters then. In manga do they use kanji?

Nel said:
Got it. So, there are two types of characters. Original japanese characters and kanji characters then. In manga do they use kanji?

Three, actually. Hiragana, which is like the original Japanese script, Katakana, which is used for English-derived words, and then, Kanji.
I think they use Kanji in Seinen.

MadaraUchiha said:
Three, actually. Hiragana, which is like the original Japanese script, Katakana, which is used for English-derived words, and then, Kanji.
I think they use Kanji in Seinen.

Nel said:

I thought about it, and I don't know. I only started reading it after last anime arc. The beginning of the last manga arc was pretty good, lots of cool fights and such. At some point I felt the story went downhill, but then later I thought I was wrong and I just had a wrong impression of what Bleach is all about. It is just a bunch of cool fights and character interactions where the overall story plays little role, at least that is how the manga feels. I am fine with that too.

Sindar said:
I thought about it, and I don't know. I only started reading it after last anime arc. The beginning of the last manga arc was pretty good, lots of cool fights and such. At some point I felt the story went downhill, but then later I thought I was wrong and I just had a wrong impression of what Bleach is all about. It is just a bunch of cool fights and character interactions where the overall story plays little role, at least that is how the manga feels. I am fine with that too.

We need story too not just some fights and such. I didn't think kubo would actually continue the manga. So you like quincy arc then? How come? Don't you feel that ichigo is becoming more and more like naruto?

MadaraUchiha said:
You didn't really spoil stuff.
I think I finished right around when Ichigo starts training as a Vizard(?).
Edit: I'm wrong. I watched it till 205.
That is not a bad place to be (except for the incoming filler arc), I think you went past most of the boring fights (sorry about the derogatory language).

Nel said:
We need story too not just some fights and such. I didn't think kubo would actually continue the manga. So you like quincy arc then? How come? Don't you feel that ichigo is becoming more and more like naruto?

Sindar said:
That is not a bad place to be (except for the incoming filler arc), I think you went past most of the boring fights (sorry about the derogatory language).

I thought everyone at the end disliked naruto character for becoming a god(literally). I don't think that's compliment at all. Have you watched another anime? The art is breathtaking

Sindar said:

Not to worry, I almost always skip fillers. And, I don't really mind derogatory language, and I don't see where you used any.

See, Katakana sounds like Japanesised English, and Hiragana is actual Japanese. Not sure about Kanji.

MadaraUchiha said:
Not to worry, I almost always skip fillers. And, I don't really mind derogatory language, and I don't see where you used any.

See, Katakana sounds like Japanesised English, and Hiragana is actual Japanese. Not sure about Kanji.

You sure know lots of stuff. How do you say a complete sentence like, I can't believe I am finally here and it's like a dream come true in japanese?

Nel said:
I thought everyone at the end disliked naruto character for becoming a god(literally). I don't think that's compliment at all. Have you watched another anime? The art is breathtaking

I didn't. As far as shonen characters go Naruto is pretty interesting. Sure the show became broken because of his power, I feel it was Kishimoto's mistake. But that is a different thing.

Nel said:
You sure know lots of stuff. How do you say a complete sentence like, I can't believe I am finally here and it's like a dream come true in japanese?
I don't know. As I said, I can construct rudimentary sentences, with the help of a dictionary.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't know. As I said, I can construct rudimentary sentences, with the help of a dictionary.

That's cool too. Can you understand an episode without the help of subtitles?

Sindar said:
I didn't. As far as shonen characters go Naruto is pretty interesting. Sure the show became broken because of his power, I feel it was Kishimoto's mistake. But that is a different thing.

Did you enjoy the shinobi world war? I can't help but feel that, it's the main reason, why naruto lost it's charm at the end

Nel said:

Did you enjoy the shinobi world war? I can't help but feel that, it's the main reason, why naruto lost it's charm at the end

No, not with my vocabulary.

Nel said:

It had a few cool moments, but it was mostly okay-ish. I think it could have been done much better.

Back