Rate the last anime you have watched in a scale of 10

Completed kami sama no memochou. It's good man and I like the way they operate and that girl is so cute.
I would give it a 8.5 man

Plastic Memories: 8.5/10 Loved it, it was perfectly paced between sadness and humor, and it was perfectly on point and didn't get distracted with stuff that didn't involve the overall story.

HannahCN said:
Plastic Memories: 8.5/10 Loved it, it was perfectly paced between sadness and humor, and it was perfectly on point and didn't get distracted with stuff that didn't involve the overall story.

that's a very high rating.
i don't give high ratings to many anime but this anime might have been very special

Blackangel said:
that's a very high rating.
i don't give high ratings to many anime but this anime might have been very special

It is rather high, but if an anime can move me to tears without feeling like it's baiting and still insert perfectly-paced humor as well, then I think it deserves it.

HannahCN said:
It is rather high, but if an anime can move me to tears without feeling like it's baiting and still insert perfectly-paced humor as well, then I think it deserves it.
anime sounds wonderful
that's cool hannah

i watched ai no kusabi both releases.
i think i like to the old one more and it covered a lot. i can't wait to see it get a full adaptation

It's being a couple of weeks since i start (after countless months of insisting friends telling me to) watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

I've recently finish part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) and i have to give it a 7, to me is good but a little bit of a mess.

JdR2V said:
It's being a couple of weeks since i start (after countless months of insisting friends telling me to) watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

I've recently finish part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) and i have to give it a 7, to me is good but a little bit of a mess.
after the first episodes jojo gets better
but not everyone will like it i think. what do you think of it?

JdR2V said:

If you are interested there are many threads about JoJo. But why do you think DiU is a mess?

Blackangel said:
after the first episodes jojo gets better
but not everyone will like it i think. what do you think of it?
No the part he watched was 75-114, way after the first episodes.

MadaraUchiha said:
If you are interested there are many threads about JoJo. But why do you think DiU is a mess?

No the part he watched was 75-114, way after the first episodes.

To me the idea of introducing new characters that do almost nothing to the "main plot" after the second half of the story is really weird, but as I've seen, Araki does that kind of things XD, also, is probably up to this point (I already started Golden Wing) the only part where the main villain and the main plot aren't actually the same, like part 1 Dio, part 2 Origin of Stone Mask, part 3 Dio again, and part 5 the boss.

Btw, at this point Jouske is my favorite Jojo, i really like bases of that character :D

JdR2V said:
To me the idea of introducing new characters that do almost nothing to the "main plot" after the second half of the story is really weird, but as I've seen, Araki does that kind of things XD, also, is probably up to this point (I already started Golden Wing) the only part where the main villain and the main plot aren't actually the same, like part 1 Dio, part 2 Origin of Stone Mask, part 3 Dio again, and part 5 the boss.

Btw, at this point Jouske is my favorite Jojo, i really like bases of that character :D

What makes Part 5 unique for me is that it features a living breathing town, and Araki takes the time to flesh the town and its people out, before moving on to the one who threatens it, Kira. That's why I found so much payoff when the people of the town unite against him. And to deliver justice for those who died at his hands, which is heavily symbolised in all the OP's, especially the 3rd one. And come on Kira is an amazing antagonist, far more nuanced than Dio or Kars who are pretty theatrical.

Also I don't really care if an anime doesn't have an over-arching narrative, it's fine as long as the episodes themselves are good. I mean Samurai Champloo and Cardcaptor Sakura are episodic and they are extremely tight and well-written. One of the main flaws of Part 3 is that even though it has a main "plot", it still is more of a Monster of the Week type story, with a stand featuring every episode so it's also technically "episodic". Which isn't a flaw, my problem is Araki didn't come up with unique and exciting stands until the second part of Stardust Crusaders where it really picks up, he was still experimenting in the first 24 episodes(or the corresponding chapters).

As for Part 5, it features my favourite supporting characters, my favourite stands, my favourite fights but I just didn't like Josuke. I'll tell you why if you've finished it or are at least half way through it. It's not because of any plot reasons, it's something I found to be apparent right from the beginning.

Back