your phone

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88802' dateline='1521660145']

I know that Let's Encrypt is providing them for free, but the expiration time is notably sooner than their paid counterparts.
For example, most of the key websites I host have paid SSL certificates, some of which last for 1 year, and some others last for 2 years.
I also host websites that aren't of much importance to the outside world (like my Git server or my file storage server), and those expire after 3 months.

But yes, it's perfectly possible to create fake certificates.
Especially web developers do that for web apps that are still in development, as it doesn't make sense to pay for a certificate just to check whether what you make works fine on HTTPS.
But it's better not to use those on production websites, since it only gives warnings or even errors to people, and commonly get scared away as a result.

Edit: while we're at it, why the fuck does this site store 34 cookies on my PC?
[/quote]

i think this website uses cloudflare certificate. i don't remember the thread where i saw it. is it safe to use this website?

CloudFlare is more like a layer that exists between the server and users.
It's quite nice for websites with a fuckton of traffic every single day, since it protects the server from being overloaded (or at least it tries to, websites can still be down either by DDoS or simply due to having more people visiting your site at the same time than CloudFlare can handle).
Though it's rather unnecessary for forums like these in my opinion.

As for the certificate, it's a COMODO certificate actually, except it's being served by CloudFlare.
If you use Chromium or Google Chrome, you can just click the green part in the address bar where it says 保護された通信 (safeguarded communication), and then click 有効 (enabled) under 証明書 (certificate).

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88877' dateline='1521739898']
It's quite nice for websites with a fuckton of traffic every single day, since it protects the server from being overloaded (or at least it tries to, websites can still be down either by DDoS or simply due to having more people visiting your site at the same time than CloudFlare can handle).

As for the certificate, it's a COMODO certificate actually, except it's being served by CloudFlare.
If you use Chromium or Google Chrome, you can just click the green part in the address bar where it says 保護された通信 (safeguarded communication), and then click 有効 (enabled) under 証明書 (certificate).
[/quote]

Don't mean to intrude but there was a ddos attack and we have lost many members because of it.
We used to get more than 190 posts a day but now, we hardly get 50 posts. So we never recovered from it.
That's why we are using cloudflare so that it won't happen again.

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='88877' dateline='1521739898']

[/quote]

i didn't get it at all. the green one is there in the title. should i do something with it?
i don't see any enabling thing

Star_Of_Hope said:
Don't mean to intrude but there was a ddos attack and we have lost many members because of it.
We used to get more than 190 posts a day but now, we hardly get 50 posts. So we never recovered from it.
That's why we are using cloudflare so that it won't happen again.

Keeping your server up to date would help too ey? Oh, right...

SecretWish said:
i didn't get it at all. the green one is there in the title. should i do something with it?
i don't see any enabling thing

Screenshot_20180324_024339.png

Screenshot_20180324_024531.png

Back