your phone

I've been using the Nexus 6P for a while now. Its not the newest phone but I'm not the type of person to upgrade regularly.

I currently have an iPhone 6S Plus.
I always used to get Google Nexus phones with contracts (first time was with a T-Mobile G1), going from Nexus One to Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 5.
While already having an iPhone 6S Plus, I bought Nexus 5X and Nokia Lumia 930 separately.

The reason I got an iPhone this time was because I was curious to know why it's such a popular phone, and I love to try out different types of operating systems.
Now I installed Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 5 and Plasma Mobile on my Nexus 5X, both of which are different operating systems too (both Linux based, and both even allow you to run desktop apps on the phones, as long as they're re-compilable for ARM processors).

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='86046' dateline='1517643953']
I currently have an iPhone 6S Plus.
I always used to get Google Nexus phones with contracts (first time was with a T-Mobile G1), going from Nexus One to Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 5.
While already having an iPhone 6S Plus, I bought Nexus 5X and Nokia Lumia 930 separately.

The reason I got an iPhone this time was because I was curious to know why it's such a popular phone, and I love to try out different types of operating systems.
Now I installed Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 5 and Plasma Mobile on my Nexus 5X, both of which are different operating systems too (both Linux based, and both even allow you to run desktop apps on the phones, as long as they're re-compilable for ARM processors).
[/quote]

I envy you. I always wanted to get a iphone but I got higher specs in android phones. I used to have two phones but never three. Do you always carry all three with you?

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='86048' dateline='1517650450']
Lenovo A7000. It has gotten old. I'll replace it next year.
[/quote]

Do you want to replace it for upgrading it didn't you like it?

[quote="Risk" pid='86043' dateline='1517642924']
I've been using the Nexus 6P for a while now. Its not the newest phone but I'm not the type of person to upgrade regularly.
[/quote]

It's a nice looking phone and as long as something works, I don't want to replace things just because they are old.

KuranKaname said:
I envy you. I always wanted to get a iphone but I got higher specs in android phones. I used to have two phones but never three. Do you always carry all three with you?

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='86099' dateline='1517687610']

I used to do that, but I now only have 1 main phone, and the rest are just more like experimental toys.
But I do swap between phones every now and then, so sometimes I walk around with an iPhone for a few weeks, and then with a Nexus 5 for another few weeks, etc.

Specs aren't really my concern here, since to me a phone is just to call people, chat while commutting, to listen to songs on YouTube in the background, and receive/read emails real quick.
On a daily basis, I only commute from home to work and vice versa.
And while I'm not commutting, I'm near a full blown PC at all times any way, so what's the point of having a phone that's even more powerful than my developer PC?
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
[/quote]

you could get a bigger tab than phone. pc users love tablets than phones for bigger screens

Clara good Galaxy tab e and it can make phone calls. It's quite big too. So may be that's what you guys are talking about?

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='86149' dateline='1517766133']

I have a Surface Pro 3 and I really like it.
The problem is that it's not as portable as a phone, and I can't really use it on a lap without worrying it'll fall off due to a moving train or bus.

And a tablet can't be used to make phone calls, unless I log into Skype, which requires me to have either decent WiFi or 4G, and looking like a total idiot when somebody calls me.
[/quote]

surface pro 3 with slim build? if you drop it, that's the end of the story and even i wouldn't use it during journeys. you could use video calling and it would make you look cool

yaoifangirl said:
surface pro 3 with slim build? if you drop it, that's the end of the story and even i wouldn't use it during journeys. you could use video calling and it would make you look cool

Not sure what you mean with "slim build", I thought all Surface Pro 3 tablets were really thin?
And I'm very careful with my electronics, I feel like I'm a rare case of having an iPhone that never dropped it during the 18 months of owning it.

TechnicalSuwako said:
Not sure what you mean with "slim build", I thought all Surface Pro 3 tablets were really thin?
And I'm very careful with my electronics, I feel like I'm a rare case of having an iPhone that never dropped it during the 18 months of owning it.
i compared it to other laptops and computers. i would want a surface pro too but it's too expensive to get. didn't you even bumped it with anything?

yaoifangirl said:
i compared it to other laptops and computers. i would want a surface pro too but it's too expensive to get. didn't you even bumped it with anything?

MadaraUchiha said:
Lenovo A7000. It has gotten old. I'll replace it next year.

Don't get an Android! Stop Google's monopoly! Join the resistance! Buy an iPhone!

Elvis said:
Don't get an Android! Stop Google's monopoly! Join the resistance! Buy an iPhone!

If that's not sarcasm:
I'm a student, and I don't earn, and iphones are way too expensive for me, and I also find them to be over-priced.

Elvis said:

Phones are currently more like a duopoly, since Apple and Google both have the absolute power in this sector.
Therefore, the only problem you'll solve by buying an iPhone is that you're just ditching one master and enslaving to another.

I'd rather wait for this one instead:
https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

LIbrem 5 by Purism will run an actual Linux distribution, same one you would normally use on a full blown PC, except this one uses 2 optional desktop environments that are more touch friendly.
And if you don't like Pure OS, you can even install another distribtion you want it to run, like Ubuntu, Arch, OpenSUSE, Fedora, etc.

Back