Summer wars

Sindar

The following review was written by Zεosʟαᴅε for NBF website.

Movie review-Summer wars

Category: romance, Family, Action

Summer wars! an Anime that explores the endless possibilities when it comes to our use of technology, The adfint of social media has become a huge part of everyone's lives in recent years and is only growing

You have facebook a place that proofs that everyone has around 900 friends that they actually know only 1% of, Twitter, a place where you can see that someone has successfully picked there noes and would like to tell the whole world about it, Youtube, proofing Television can absolutely bitten using a Combination of Cats, fail videos, and Pewdiepie, tumblr, a place for creepy as Hell fan fictions and gifs, and finally Redent and 4Chan which I'm convinced is actually used by some of the worlds most skilled and talented geniuses in the world who would much rather spend there free time making Memes, so what happens if you put all social media into one place? Summer wars!...kinda...well there's really one part in the movie that's jus-Shut up! this opening paragraph is TOTALLY related to the movie :>

Anyway, in the main Story the Online world has become this peaceful friendly place our lives have been integrated with the world of "Oz" an Online platform that is an exceptional extension of Yourself in the virtual world, entire real world systems are relayed on Oz and pretty much everyone uses it so basically it's alternate, Advanced Happier luckier vision of the internet with out Trolls, Cat videos or Pewdiepie...probably, Back in the real world Kenji is just You're average Teenager who's found himself in an Odd predicament...somehow he's found himself traveling around the country side on an Odd job set up by his Highschool crush Natsuki what he doesn't know is that the job in tells a bit more then he first thought...Pretend to be her Boyfriend...while Kenji tries his best to fit in with Natsuki's large extended family Things get even worse when he receives mysterious incoded Text message which he mangoes to solve, not knowing that he has accidentally released a dangerous virus on to Oz know only as "Love machine"! (Shut up it's a threating name Alright? XP) with Love machine causing havoc in the World of Oz the Recuroptions are slowly being felt in the real world and as things get more and more chaotic and the States are erased even higher Kenji and the family slowly realize that this little computer virus could pose a bigger threat to the world then Anyone had previously imagined and considering the movie was directed by my favourite Mamoru Hosoda who did films as The girl who left through time and wolf children well...the movie looks Great o-o

visually speaking the Animation is Nice and smooth with barely any moments with anything is just staying still they managed to make a Stander contrast between the stander real world setting and the world of Oz which is a bright and vibrate place that Looks like what would happen if the Internet and Nintendo had a Baby, on top of this the soundtrack consists of Orchestra music which kinda feels like Disney style but still hit home during the very Emotional points and sounds...Great o_o

the acting in both sub and dub is also Great soooo how can I put this in a nutshell...IT'S ALL GREAT!, there now with the boring stuff out of the way let's get to the real meat of this review...The characters and plot, characters we're actually the weakest part since with such an Enormous cast, even the main Characters which were basically Kenji and Natsuki get very little development, Kenji being the usual Shy and quirky teenager living his average Highschool life of trying to get Senpai to notice him who's only rand out grate is that He's really Really REALLY Good at match...Asians Eh? and Natsuki being the love interest who...ya know what? has very little relevants to the story until the final climax then you have the rest of Natsuki's Huge extended family which probably have enough members to start a small nation individually they don't get much screen time, but special mention goes to the 90 year old Grandma A.K.A B0SS Grandam! who is the absolutely the star of this movie, as head of the family she looks over everyone with a kind Heart but also gains respect from all of them she brings so much heart into this film and Honestly while the characters maybe the weakest part of this Film that didn't really bother me much :/

and for most of you who wonder why the computer virus is called "Love machine" Love Machine is based on a real virus that did crippled the world

...Alright I have a confession to make...This is my favourite Anime film of all time T_T and Something I have a ridiculous amount of personal attachment to...but to probably explain why I have to go serious for a second and explains something about my own morals as a person rather then being that cheeky sarcastic Twat on the internet...

The characters Story and plot really only take up half the film and the real reason This is my favourite Anime film of all time is because of the family...witch is what gives summer wars it's heart and soul the unreeling morals the film potrays in the concept of family and how important it is, family should be the people that always have you're back, are alway there for you wither you like it or not and it's not just the family you're related to by Blood...it's the family you adopt for yourself, the family you've been introduced into and the friends you choose to introduce, it's an invisible bond that stays with you no matter how many members are in it and something you should never turn you're back on...some members you might get along with some you may not and other's you may not know that well, but no matter what you all share the bond of being in the same family and it's one thing that no one should go without...this Film displays that so well...and with such a large cast you could argue that the characters we're the weakest and less developed part, but that wasn't the point of it, the family itself felt like one massive character that was resembled in all those family reunions you use to have...The meals the Sweet grandparents, the tough uncles, the nosey aunts the cousins you do or don't look forward to hanging out with and the hyperactive kids, every single member played there part in giving this family it's own character it's own heart it's own soul and that's what really make the emotional moments hit home as a family you share each other's suffering and each other's happiness and you could the togetherness that everyone feet towards each other which a concept I hold very close personally...and That is why this came to be my favourite Anime film of all time...overall! Summer wars is a lot of fun that shouldn't be missed by Anyone!

Story (10/10)
Characters (8.4/10)
Animations (10/10)
Enjoyment (10/10)!

more suitable for families ^-^

-Zεosʟαᴅε

Hmm intersting review, Ill have to write one for the move myself :) Ill post it later here when I finish it :D

I'm forever grateful that toonami aired this movie, I don't watch many anime movies but this one was by far the best I've seen, I highly recommend it.

If only there isn't much romance I would have considered it.
Well the review is well written. Did you watch this anime sindar?

smoker said:
i think i watched this move........let me check my MAL :p

Come on Smoker. You forgot an anime? That's a bit unbelievable. Well let us know about your opinion regarding this anime.

Star_Of_Hope said:
If only there isn't much romance I would have considered it.
Well the review is well written. Did you watch this anime sindar?

Yeah I did. It is a great movie. It don't have a lot of romance in it, by the way. Its a comedy with a fair bit of action, there is just no space for romance in the movie. Summer Wars is the best recommendation for family watch that I have; you can see it with kids, adults, old people, and it would not feel weird or too aggressive or too mature or too emotional.

Sindar said:
Yeah I did. It is a great movie. It don't have a lot of romance in it, by the way. Its a comedy with a fair bit of action, there is just no space for romance in the movie. Summer Wars is the best recommendation for family watch that I have; you can see it with kids, adults, old people, and it would not feel weird or too aggressive or too mature or too emotional.

If that is the case, then I am going to watch it sindar :D
I am looking for some anime, before starting the long detective conan series :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
If that is the case, then I am going to watch it sindar :D
I am looking for some anime, before starting the long detective conan series :D

I kinda want to see Detective Conan myself xD I heard a review of the first couple episodes and it sounded pretty awesome. I am thinking of checking out a few episodes.

Testaccount said:
i am the troll and it is my business.
Got a problem with that?

Sindar said:
Detective Conan is boring. Don't watch it!
I kinda want to see Detective Conan myself xD I heard a review of the first couple episodes and it sounded pretty awesome. I am thinking of checking out a few episodes.

Sindar said:

Jack of all trades.....master of none.

Back