Why 25 episodes for small anime?

N

Nel

Why all the small anime have 25 episodes, most of the time?
is that a magical number or what?
I have always wanted to ask this.

Basically it is because they have 4 TV seasons a year, there in Japan, and all TV series are made with that in mind. A series usually gets 1 episode per week, and a season being 3 months long gives you about 12 weeks. This is the reason a lot of anime are either 12-13 episodes long, or 23-26, if they span two TV seasons. There is a term for that length of 12-13 episodes, it is what's called a "cour".

BurnsyCEO said:
Thats the length of one season.

Some anime does have 24 episodes and 49 episodes that I know of.
Sindar said:
Basically it is because they have 4 TV seasons a year, there in Japan, and all TV series are made with that in mind. A series usually gets 1 episode per week, and a season being 3 months long gives you about 12 weeks. This is the reason a lot of anime are either 12-13 episodes long, or 23-26, if they span two TV seasons. There is a term for that length of 12-13 episodes, it is what's called a "cour".

Then the second season of an anime, depends on the ratings of the first season?
That sounds reasonable.

Rukia said:
Some anime does have 24 episodes and 49 episodes that I know of.

Then the second season of an anime, depends on the ratings of the first season?
That sounds reasonable.

In advance? Even though they might not get anything good in return?
May be those are really big studios that it doesn't effect much.

Will there be a time where an anime gets picked up for a second season after a very long time?

Some things change in the new version. Not just the quality of the animation but the depth of the story too.
I am not so sure, I like a complete remake that way.

Rukia said:
Some things change in the new version. Not just the quality of the animation but the depth of the story too.
I am not so sure, I like a complete remake that way.

You are talking about a particular show?

Sindar said:
You are talking about a particular show?
No.
I am talking about remakes in general.
Hxh, black butler are clear examples.

Rukia said:
No.
I am talking about remakes in general.
Hxh, black butler are clear examples.

I'm sure there are examples of remakes that are better than the original and of the ones that are worse.

Sindar said:
I'm sure there are examples of remakes that are better than the original and of the ones that are worse.

Give me one anime name where the old version is far better than the new version sindar.
I doubt you can even find one like that.

Nel said:
Give me one anime name where the old version is far better than the new version sindar.
I doubt you can even find one like that.

Sailor Moon? =) There should be many of those, but I haven't seen enough to give you a big list. Still, it is not always a good idea to assume something doesn't exist just because you haven't seen it =)

Sindar said:

I know only the better ones.
Never heard of remake which can't beat it's previous version

Nowadays some animes are only 12 episodes. Which can be good or bad depending on the source materials, if there is any. Some animes are rushed within 12 episodes..

Kamikaze said:
Nowadays some animes are only 12 episodes. Which can be good or bad depending on the source materials, if there is any. Some animes are rushed within 12 episodes..

Only 12 episodes?
Do you have any list for that anime?
I haven't really saw any anime with just 12 episodes.

Nel said:
Only 12 episodes?
Do you have any list for that anime?
I haven't really saw any anime with just 12 episodes.

Well if you just look at some of the recent animes that have aired in the past year or so, a good chunk of them have been 12 episodes.

Kamikaze said:
Well if you just look at some of the recent animes that have aired in the past year or so, a good chunk of them have been 12 episodes.

Can they really build up an interesting story in just 12 episodes?
Did you enjoy watching them?

Back