Telugu language.

Sindar said:
I guess it would be 'Freut mich!' ("My pleasure!"), you can say that after being introduced to another person; but I don't know for sure =) Translating phases is too much for me, I can't speak German, as I said I only read with a dictionary xD

I see :D

Then how about Russian. It's your mother tongue, right?

Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Only broken Telugu..............My mother can speak Telugu fluently, and my sister's fluency is in between mine and my mother's..............

Doesn't your sister speak Tamil too? Or did I mix it up o_O'

Our mother tongue is Tamil, because we live in a region where Tamil is the official language, but, since Telugu is the official language of the neighbouring state, and since, many of my relatives are there in that state, we know Telugu...........And, I only said that she speaks 'broken Telugu'..................

MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Only broken Telugu..............My mother can speak Telugu fluently, and my sister's fluency is in between mine and my mother's..............

Our mother tongue is Tamil, because we live in a region where Tamil is the official language, but, since Telugu is the official language of the neighbouring state, and since, many of my relatives are there in that state, we know Telugu...........And, I only said that she speaks 'broken Telugu'..................

Yeah, I was just surprised that she new yet another language, even if not perfectly or what ever =) Living in a country where people normally speak only in their native language, it always surprises me when I hear about people who speak multiple ones.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:
I guess it would be 'Freut mich!' ("My pleasure!"), you can say that after being introduced to another person; but I don't know for sure =) Translating phases is too much for me, I can't speak German, as I said I only read with a dictionary xD

Yeah, that is easy =) Ask anything you want, I should be able to handle it ^^

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

That's great :D

So how is "Hello" written in Russian then?

???????????? (zdravstvuite) or ?????? (privet). First is a formal version, the second is an informal one.

People there just say 'Hallo', I don't know of other universal ways to greet someone that would be equivalent to "hey .. whats up". Again, I am no expert :p When I was there people were gretting me with 'Hallo' or 'Guten tag'.

Sindar said:
???????????? (zdravstvuite) or ?????? (privet). First is a formal version, the second is an informal one.

The formal version is really hard to understand :(
Are there any other synonyms to the formal "Hello", in Russian?

Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:
Sindar said:
MadaraUchiha said:

Yeah, I was just surprised that she new yet another language, even if not perfectly or what ever =) Living in a country where people normally speak only in their native language, it always surprises me when I hear about people who speak multiple ones.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

Well, our country has 22 languages which are spoken widely( which includes Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, Tamil, etc..).............So, it is not exactly surprising that someone knows more than 1 native language..............And, she has lived for like a year in our relatives house, and, even though they speak Tamil, they live in a Telugu-speaking state, and, that is why, she learnt it............

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

You can say "Good day!" or "Good morning!" instead, that would be ?????? ????! and ?????? ????! ("dobrii den" and "dobroe utro") =) I don't know if that is any easier. Russian is a hard thing to learn, I have never seen a single person who wasn't born here and mastered it; and I teach in a college with lots of foreign students, some of whom stay here for 5-8 years, so I've seen many people who tried =)

Yeah, but it is still impressive =) Good thing that at least some of the words are similar across some of those languages, like the ones that describe modern technology and technical terms in general.

Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

You can say "Good day!" or "Good morning!" instead, that would be ?????? ????! and ?????? ????! ("dobrii den" and "dobroe utro") =) I don't know if that is any easier. Russian is a hard thing to learn, I have never seen a single person who wasn't born here and mastered it; and I teach in a college with lots of foreign students, some of whom stay here for 5-8 years, so I've seen many people who tried =)

Yeah, but it is still impressive =) Good thing that at least some of the words are similar across some of those languages, like the ones that describe modern technology and technical terms in general.

Not exactly............I mean, most of the North Indian languages are derived from Sanskrit, and Hindi is 90% Sanskrit(But, Hindi is ambiguous), and South Indian languages(At least Tamil, and another language called Malayalam) belong to an entirely different class of languages, but they too have some amount of loan-words from Sanskrit..............

Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

I can't possibly say good morning to someone, instead of hello. May be I should use the formal "hello", after all :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
I can't possibly say good morning to someone, instead of hello. May be I should use the formal "hello", after all :D

Actually here "good morning" is a perfectly respectable way of greeting an equal (a colleague, a person of the same age and so). The formal "zdravstvuite" is required when you talk with your seniors or higher-ups =)

Sindar said:
Actually here "good morning" is a perfectly respectable way of greeting an equal (a colleague, a person of the same age and so). The formal "zdravstvuite" is required when you talk with your seniors or higher-ups =)

That's great. Then what about "good bye" ? How is it pronounce,more like written, in Russian?

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

That's great. Then what about "good bye" ? How is it pronounce,more like written, in Russian?

Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

Wow!
I guess the fliped R stands for ya? >.>

Back