Telugu language.

Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:
Telugu script looks pretty good =) All those curly letters ^.^ Also you can make a face emoticon with one of your letter ?_?

:D
It's pronounced as "ta" with more force. Also, that face looks great :D
Also, the curves always meet at some point or the other. So, it's really different from languages which have some dangling patters :D
P.S. By the way, that's Clara's essay about Telugu :D

Yeah it looks like Telugu is good for handwriting, you can do the whole word without lifting your pencil =) On the other hand I tend to use printed-style letters even when I write by hand. With my messy handwriting it is probably preferable, at least you can try to tell one letter from the other ^^' Soooo, I guess I better avoid even trying to write those pretty Telugu letters, it would turn out a disaster xD

That's not true :D
Hand writing changes from language to language.
You should try writing Telugu letters sometime.
As they are full of curves, you will be able to write them neatly and also in order.

Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:
Telugu script looks pretty good =) All those curly letters ^.^ Also you can make a face emoticon with one of your letter ?_?

It's pronounced as "ta" with more force. Also, that face looks great :D
Also, the curves always meet at some point or the other. So, it's really different from languages which have some dangling patters :D
P.S. By the way, that's Clara's essay about Telugu :D

Yeah it looks like Telugu is good for handwriting, you can do the whole word without lifting your pencil =) On the other hand I tend to use printed-style letters even when I write by hand. With my messy handwriting it is probably preferable, at least you can try to tell one letter from the other ^^' Soooo, I guess I better avoid even trying to write those pretty Telugu letters, it would turn out a disaster xD
lol....not all letters ae the same.. but yeah... most of them can be written like that.. and woah.. why are soo interested in telugu..?

Albert Newton said:
lol....not all letters ae the same.. but yeah... most of them can be written like that.. and woah.. why are soo interested in telugu..?

Because, he is interested in almost anything, that isn't known to him. Isn't that right, Sindar?

Star_Of_Hope said:
Do you know Telugu, Albert?
Mansi14 said:
Scientists are idiots....

No offences... :p

Vidyulu buddi leni vallu.

Here Vidyulu is also pronounced as Ydulu -scientists. Buddi- knowledge. Leni vallu- Doesn't have.
Ohkay :D Thanx :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Albert Newton said:
okay... it can be translated as ... ' nenu picchi pilla' ..

...oops..no.. i dont know telugu.. >.>

That's... Mansi is a good girl, Albert :D

Huh...What was that... >.>
and wats tht nenu picchi pilla >.>

Star_Of_Hope said:
Albert Newton said:

Because, he is interested in almost anything, that isn't known to him. Isn't that right, Sindar?

oh... cool .. so..he's enthusiastic or maybe curious huh..? .. cool ..

Albert Newton said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Albert Newton said:

oh... cool .. so..he's enthusiastic or maybe curious huh..? .. cool ..

He just likes to learn all the new stuff, as far as I know.

Mansi14 said:
Star_Of_Hope said:
Do you know Telugu, Albert?
Mansi14 said:
Scientists are idiots....

No offences... :p

Vidyulu buddi leni vallu.

Here Vidyulu is also pronounced as Ydulu -scientists. Buddi- knowledge. Leni vallu- Doesn't have.
Ohkay :D Thanx :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Albert Newton said:
okay... it can be translated as ... ' nenu picchi pilla' ..

...oops..no.. i dont know telugu.. >.>

That's... Mansi is a good girl, Albert :D

Huh...What was that... >.>
and wats tht nenu picchi pilla >.>

It means, I am a mad girl.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Albert Newton said:

Not anything :D But I am curious to know more about languages =)

Albert Newton said:
Sindar said:
Star_Of_Hope said:

It is an interesting language, why not =) I used to spend time learning new words from different languages (mostly European though) till about a years ago, guess habits don't go away this fast =) I hope to get back into this ^^

MadaraUchiha said:
Only broken Telugu..............My mother can speak Telugu fluently, and my sister's fluency is in between mine and my mother's..............

Doesn't your sister speak Tamil too? Or did I mix it up o_O'

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:
Not anything :D But I am curious to know more about languages =)

How many languages are you familiar with, Sindar?

I can speak English and Russian, and I studied French and German. I used to be able reading simple texts in both, especially with a dictionary:D It has been some time since I've tried though, maybe I've forgotten everything ._.

Sindar said:
I can speak English and Russian, and I studied French and German. I used to be able reading simple texts in both, especially with a dictionary:D It has been some time since I've tried though, maybe I've forgotten everything ._.

So you know four languages huh? That's really cool.
So, according to you, which language is easy to learn?

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

So you know four languages huh? That's really cool.
So, according to you, which language is easy to learn?

Only two :p English is the easiest for sure. When you know English I guess it is not so hard to learn German, they are similar. German grammar is much harder though.

Sindar said:
Only two :p English is the easiest for sure. When you know English I guess it is not so hard to learn German, they are similar. German grammar is much harder though.

Would you mind giving us some meanings in German or Russian(for English words), from time to time.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

Would you mind giving us some meanings in German or Russian(for English words), from time to time.

Yeah sure. I don't think it would be very interesting though =) I guess with Russian it is kinda hard because of the Cyrillic, but with German it is just easier to use any online dictionary xD

Sindar said:
Yeah sure. I don't think it would be very interesting though =) I guess with Russian it is kinda hard because of the Cyrillic, but with German it is just easier to use any online dictionary xD

We just want to learn simple words for starters :D
So how is "pleased to meet you" is written in German?

thats cool ... even i've got a habit of hoping to learn new languages...but.. i suck at learning languages and i end up giving up .. :p

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sindar said:

We just want to learn simple words for starters :D
So how is "pleased to meet you" is written in German?

I guess it would be 'Freut mich!' ("My pleasure!"), you can say that after being introduced to another person; but I don't know for sure =) Translating phases is too much for me, I can't speak German, as I said I only read with a dictionary xD

Back