Sword of the Stranger Anime Movie Discussion

Star_Of_Hope said:
Well, I don't get impressed by fight scenes anymore.
Story matters to me the most.

From what i see, this movie is not having enough duration to develop the story, the story is pretty basic. But to make up for that they concentrate to improve the fight to emphasize the 'action genre'

For me it's about what the movie is trying to focus on and whether it succeeds or not. Even the staff behind the movie are primarily people who animate a lot of action, and they did a great job in the movie so kudos. Heck the studio Bones itself is primarily an entity that puts out amazing action anime(Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker than Black, Eureka Seven, My Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Mob Psycho and many others).

MadaraUchiha said:
For me it's about what the movie is trying to focus on and whether it succeeds or not. Even the staff behind the movie are primarily people who animate a lot of action, and they did a great job in the movie so kudos. Heck the studio Bones itself is primarily an entity that puts out amazing action anime(Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker than Black, Eureka Seven, My Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Mob Psycho and many others).
i didn't think you would like it so much
i remember you giving more importance to the studios as well.

Blackangel said:
i didn't think you would like it so much
i remember you giving more importance to the studios as well.
I like it yes but not a lot. It's a one-time watch if you wanna watch cool Samurai action. Samurai action that's amazing.

MadaraUchiha said:
I like it yes but not a lot. It's a one-time watch if you wanna watch cool Samurai action. Samurai action that's amazing.
isn't ruroni kenshin the first choice for this?
i am not so sure if i understand this correctly. i am getting light headed.

Blackangel said:
isn't ruroni kenshin the first choice for this?
i am not so sure if i understand this correctly. i am getting light headed.

Or try Hakuoki too, it's based on Shinsengumi, i like it

Blackangel said:
yes i agree
but it's a classic and everyone likes it a lot. i haven't met anyone who hated it
It's not bad but it's not something extra-ordinary like Samurai Champloo either.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's not bad but it's not something extra-ordinary like Samurai Champloo either.
have you watched the final battle in ruroni kenshin?
it is very good and you should probably rewatch it

MadaraUchiha said:
i think i replied to this already
watch the last fight scene in ruroni kenshin. it's good

Blackangel said:
have you watched the final battle in ruroni kenshin?
it is very good and you should probably rewatch it

i think i replied to this already
watch the last fight scene in ruroni kenshin. it's good

I did yes. Samurai Champloo is a complete package. Rurouni Kenshin is good, I never said it's bad, you don't have to defend it.

MadaraUchiha said:
I did yes. Samurai Champloo is a complete package. Rurouni Kenshin is good, I never said it's bad, you don't have to defend it.
i am not defending it
i just think you don't remember it and wants you to rewatch it

Blackangel said:
i am not defending it
i just think you don't remember it and wants you to rewatch it
I remember it rather well and all I'm saying is I think it's good but there are lots of problems with it so it wouldn't be my first Samurai anime recommendation. Definitely not over Samurai Champloo.

MadaraUchiha said:
I remember it rather well and all I'm saying is I think it's good but there are lots of problems with it so it wouldn't be my first Samurai anime recommendation. Definitely not over Samurai Champloo.

True.. hm.. how should i put this.. i think.. Samurai Champloo have more 'flavor' than Samurai X

MadaraUchiha said:
i am sorry to hear that
i loved that anime and i watched all the movies and episodes in it. it's a very good anime

Blackangel said:
i am sorry to hear that
i loved that anime and i watched all the movies and episodes in it. it's a very good anime
I don't know why you are sorry. I said it's a good anime. Just a product of its time.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't know why you are sorry. I said it's a good anime. Just a product of its time.
it's better than you didn't understand
i just thought my obsession is everyone's obsession and i have used mal rating to justify it

Blackangel said:
it's better than you didn't understand
i just thought my obsession is everyone's obsession and i have used mal rating to justify it
Given that at least half the anime is badly written filler I can't possibly fully embrace it can I.

MadaraUchiha said:
Given that at least half the anime is badly written filler I can't possibly fully embrace it can I.
music, art and even the setting of the meji era, all of them are very good
so i like it a lot

Back