Sword of the Stranger Anime Movie Discussion

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Or Stranger: Mukou Hadan.
So this was basically a mash up of Dororo and Seirei no Moribito, the prophecy aspect and the kid running away from an Empire from Moribito and an older man protecting the kid and him needing some kind of self-actualisation along the way from(and also having a connection to an Empire) Dororo.

Honestly, I didn't care much about the Empire aspect of the movie, probably would have been better as a series, this felt more like chess pieces they were aligning for the climax. This was primarily an action movie, and the action was easily the best part of it. All the sword fights were great, even the ones not including the protagonist. The last fight is probably a strong contender for best fight of all time, the animation and the energy was damn good and it was intense and bloody. The whole battle between the two armies was pretty cool as well.

OffbeatVariableAlbacoretuna.gif
@Silver_Fox @Blackangel @JdR2V @Blackrose @Lucifer @Star_Of_Hope @Claraviolet @Risk @BurnsyCEO @Demon_skeith

giphy.gif

i think when that blond man killed the annoying old man
he was being too disrespectul and deserved the death he got

Blackangel said:
i think when that blond man killed the annoying old man
he was being too disrespectul and deserved the death he got
Yeah we knew that was gonna happen but it still felt satisfying.

MadaraUchiha said:
Well that's the plot of the movie so that had to happen.
i agree
attaining immortality is used very often and i didn't think people would use it even in here. i saw it in fullmetal alchemist

This movie is about action, and they do good job about it, the fight scenes are satisfying. But that's all, the story is not very exciting, i like the part where the local prefect trying to sabotage the Ming dynasty, that part should exploited more because i think.. that's the 'spicy' part of the movie

As for characters.. not very exciting, everyone seems generic, an impulsive brat, skillfull swordsman that made promise to not fight anymore, and a swordsman that only care about good fight

Well the fights are all cool but my favorite one is the first fight scene between bandit and Ming warrior

Yes I feel the same like I mentioned at the top except that I found the final one to be the best. Like I said this would have been better as maybe a 10 episode series than a movie if they wanted to explore the Empire aspect a bit more.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yes I feel the same like I mentioned at the top except that I found the final one to be the best. Like I said this would have been better as maybe a 10 episode series than a movie if they wanted to explore the Empire aspect a bit more.

Well maybe.. not enough duration to work on the story and characters, so you're right this one night be better as series

The last part really good actually, but i don't know why.. i feel like the fire already burn out after that blond swordsman killed that general with spear

Blackangel said:
i agree
attaining immortality is used very often and i didn't think people would use it even in here. i saw it in fullmetal alchemist

And dragon ball too haha..

Silver_Fox said:
Well maybe.. not enough duration to work on the story and characters, so you're right this one night be better as series

The last part really good actually, but i don't know why.. i feel like the fire already burn out after that blond swordsman killed that general with spear

Well the whole movie was building up to their fight so while I enjoyed the preceding fights I was more looking forward to the final one so I didn't get checked out by then. Besides it's animated by a literal animation God(Yutaka Nakamura).

MadaraUchiha said:
Well the whole movie was building up to their fight so while I enjoyed the preceding fights I was more looking forward to the final one so I didn't get checked out by then. Besides it's animated by a literal animation God(Yutaka Nakamura).

By the way.. do you think that it will be better if the best replace by a girl? Like Fuu (Samurai Champloo) i think it could be exciting and night incite romance a bit

Silver_Fox said:
By the way.. do you think that it will be better if the best replace by a girl? Like Fuu (Samurai Champloo) i think it could be exciting and night incite romance a bit
Don't get you. You mean it would have been better if the boy had been replaced by Fuu?

Even Champloo didn't have any romantic relationship between Fuu and Mugen or Jin. Jin had a thing with another woman but he had to leave her.

MadaraUchiha said:
Don't get you. You mean it would have been better if the boy had been replaced by Fuu?

Even Champloo didn't have any romantic relationship between Fuu and Mugen or Jin. Jin had a thing with another woman but he had to leave her.

I mean.. young girl like Fuu, personality and age, not literally her

Silver_Fox said:
I mean.. young girl like Fuu, personality and age, not literally her
That's what I mean. Already the movie was loaded as is so that would have been another needless sub-plot. Besides if you want a story like that there's always Akatsuki no Yona.

MadaraUchiha said:
That's what I mean. Already the movie was loaded as is so that would have been another needless sub-plot. Besides if you want a story like that there's always Akatsuki no Yona.

Well romance is optional, but i think with girl as one of the protagonist it will be more eyes candy than a brat

Silver_Fox said:
Well romance is optional, but i think with girl as one of the protagonist it will be more eyes candy than a brat
Aah I see cool. Yona doesn't really have any romance but you know she's a girl.

I personally don't think it would have made any difference for me.

MadaraUchiha said:
Aah I see cool. Yona doesn't really have any romance but you know she's a girl.

I personally don't think it would have made any difference for me.

Haha.. it would be different for me, i like eyes candy

Back