Rule for posting in old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risk

So I briefly mentioned this in, ironically an old thread to point it out but can we please lock threads that don't get replies after a certain about out time. I'm so tired of opening a thread I saw in recent posts just to see it was made years ago. I don't want to read a bunch of pages of replies just to get up to date with a new conversation that has started I don't see why its so hard to not just make a new thread so everyone can get a chance to post in a thread from the beginning.

Yeah well this is a general thumb-rule we didn't expect to create a rule for people. And do you want people to create a new thread for anime discussions as well or is it okay for you if people post stuff in a pre-existing thread itself.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah well this is a general thumb-rule we didn't expect to create a rule for people. And do you want people to create a new thread for anime discussions as well or is it okay for you if people post stuff in a pre-existing thread itself.

I do understand your concern Risk, but think about it this way, if everyone makes a thread for the same topic, it wouldn't make any sense at all.
We will ask the users to try avoiding the old topics. As for you, you could start from the last page, to get to the recent post.

I just try to stop going to threads that end up like this.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I do understand your concern Risk, but think about it this way, if everyone makes a thread for the same topic, it wouldn't make any sense at all.
We will ask the users to try avoiding the old topics. As for you, you could start from the last page, to get to the recent post.

It makes sense because these threads made years ago are pages long and are so far off topic it doesn't make sense to keep posting there the best solution is to just remake the thread so there can be fresh replies which are back on topic.

Risk said:
I just try to stop going to threads that end up like this.

It makes sense because these threads made years ago are pages long and are so far off topic it doesn't make sense to keep posting there the best solution is to just remake the thread so there can be fresh replies which are back on topic.

I really don't think, this is the correct solution for this problem.
We can lock irrelevant threads like the feedback threads. I read the first post of a thread before giving a reply to it. I don't really go thread all the posts in that thread

Star_Of_Hope said:
I really don't think, this is the correct solution for this problem.
We can lock irrelevant threads like the feedback threads. I read the first post of a thread before giving a reply to it. I don't really go thread all the posts in that thread

Actually if it's a better thread for example, something that's worded far better and asks more interesting questions than a similar pre-existing thread then it warrants its existence.
I guess we'll have to use our discretion in this case.

MadaraUchiha said:
Actually if it's a better thread for example, something that's worded far better and asks more interesting questions than a similar pre-existing thread then it warrants its existence.
I guess we'll have to use our discretion in this case.
But after it becomes inactive, then we will have to merge it with the other thread, which can be very time consuming.
I really don't get why people read all the posts in a thread.

I don't know if it can be good man. Admins like quality and that makes duplicate threads, bad.
Don't be disappointed if they don't take this seriously man

i am against this.
if you take a poll, this might become clear. i don't want this to be implemented and i am with on this star

Star_Of_Hope said:
But after it becomes inactive, then we will have to merge it with the other thread, which can be very time consuming.

Why would we merge it that would defeat the entire purpose it would just add a new reply to the old thread which is what we don't want. We want an entirely new thread to start the conversation again because the old threads are dated and off topic.

Risk said:
Why would we merge it that would defeat the entire purpose it would just add a new reply to the old thread which is what we don't want. We want an entirely new thread to start the conversation again because the old threads are dated and off topic.

why is it hard for you to find the recent post?
i read the other posts in a thread too but i skim through the content and most of the threads don't have many replies here

Angel said:
why is it hard for you to find the recent post?
i read the other posts in a thread too but i skim through the content and most of the threads don't have many replies here

Its not about finding the recent post it is that the topic has diverged from the original intended topic and the thread has been rendered useless by random chitchat and if you wanted to talk about the original topic again making a new thread would be easier and cleaner.

Risk said:
Its not about finding the recent post it is that the topic has diverged from the original intended topic and the thread has been rendered useless by random chitchat and if you wanted to talk about the original topic again making a new thread would be easier and cleaner.

i still think what you are asking can be accepted by everyone.
i know many of my threads got merged as they were duplicate threads

Star_Of_Hope said:

That's why I said it's a case by case scenario. For example there was no need to revive that manga group read thread.

Risk said:

MadaraUchiha said:
That's why I said it's a case by case scenario. For example there was no need to revive that manga group read thread.

Risk said:
I do understand your point, Risk.
But it defeats the forum purpose
MadaraUchiha said:

Interesting. I wonder how we could even implement this

if this is a dig at me, then i don't know.
i like posting and i don't want to make a separate threads all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back