Recommend an anime for April 2018

SecretWish said:
i would like to recommend yuri no ice and i hope this one would get selected. it's not a shonen ai or yaoi anime

If everyone heard about it, then they would want to watch it.
So may be it can get picked.
The poll winner would be anime for us to watch

The anime covered like 60-70 chapters of the manga :p

Let me guess, it's a Shaft anime, right?

BurnsyCEO said:
I mean if that show is too much for her theres no use trying to accommodate her. She should learn to deal with it.

If it gets selected, we can all look forward to a 'I won't be watching Konosuba' thread.

MadaraUchiha said:

If it gets selected, we can all look forward to a 'I won't be watching Konosuba' thread.

I would be in for the first discussion thread then xD Whatever, it is not like it is a plot-driven anime =) It was fun to read though, the same sort of entertainment you get when watching a game speedrun - nothing to write home about, but is interesting enough to keep watching.

Yep. You can tell by how the characters look =) It is not a part of their huge Monogatari series or anything else, as far as I know.

Sindar said:
I would be in for the first discussion thread then xD Whatever, it is not like it is a plot-driven anime =) It was fun to read though, the same sort of entertainment you get when watching a game speedrun - nothing to write home about, but is interesting enough to keep watching.

Yep. You can tell by how the characters look =) It is not a part of their huge Monogatari series or anything else, as far as I know.

Yeah, it's not. I'm watching the Monogatari series(or rather I was watching, I put it on-hold and will resume later). Really psychedelic visuals, and eccentric character animation. Creative as hell, though.

MadaraUchiha said:

I thought that show was an fantasy adventure comedy?

BurnsyCEO said:
I thought that show was an fantasy adventure comedy?

It is, yes, but I feel like it's not something that suits to her taste, but that doesn't really matter. I want to watch it too.

let me also recommend spirit pact 2. it's a good anime and not a yaoi. shonen ai should be fine with other members

Actually, remember how I said that Dragon Ball Super was going to end this Sunday?
It's confirmed that ??????? will take its slot instead for at least 50 episodes, and I'm actually starting to get a bit curious about what it is about.

Though reading the name alone, I can expect it to be about fat devils?

TechnicalSuwako said:
Actually, remember how I said that Dragon Ball Super was going to end this Sunday?
It's confirmed that ??????? will take its slot instead for at least 50 episodes, and I'm actually starting to get a bit curious about what it is about.

Though reading the name alone, I can expect it to be about fat devils?

GeGeGe no Kitaro, right? The character designs are sure something, remind me of Galaxy Express 999.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah, it's not. I'm watching the Monogatari series(or rather I was watching, I put it on-hold and will resume later). Really psychedelic visuals, and eccentric character animation. Creative as hell, though.

I'm looking forward to watch some of those too. I heard Monogatari is heavy on wordplay and other fansy staff that is easily lost in translation, so I am a little worried. Though the Kubikiri Cycle translation I'm watching isn't super easy to follow either; it might just be the nature of the series though.

Sindar said:
GeGeGe no Kitaro, right? The character designs are sure something, remind me of Galaxy Express 999.

I'm looking forward to watch some of those too. I heard Monogatari is heavy on wordplay and other fansy staff that is easily lost in translation, so I am a little worried. Though the Kubikiri Cycle translation I'm watching isn't super easy to follow either; it might just be the nature of the series though.

It's really heavy on word-play. There's not much animation per se, it's more about the imagery. Of course, shit always hits the fan during the last 2 episodes of an arc.
And, yeah, as far as the subs are concerned, I had to spend a few minutes to know which one's the best. Coalgirls was regarded to be the best, and one good thing about them is they sub the Blu-ray copies. The thing about Bakemonogatari(the first one) is that it apparently was a rushed TV production so there's like a huge difference between the TV version and the Blu-ray version. I got the Blu-ray version for the entire series(I checked and it's true).

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page in MAL to look for fan-sub ratings? They are usually accurate.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's really heavy on word-play. There's not much animation per se, it's more about the imagery. Of course, shit always hits the fan during the last 2 episodes of an arc.
And, yeah, as far as the subs are concerned, I had to spend a few minutes to know which one's the best. Coalgirls was regarded to be the best, and one good thing about them is they sub the Blu-ray copies. The thing about Bakemonogatari(the first one) is that it apparently was a rushed TV production so there's like a huge difference between the TV version and the Blu-ray version. I got the Blu-ray version for the entire series(I checked and it's true).

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page in MAL to look for fan-sub ratings? They are usually accurate.

There'll always be some difference between Blu-Ray and TV but this was on a whole new level.
Here's a comparison for episode 1 of Bakemonogatari(this episode had the least number of changes):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you go to the anime's page, under 'Details', at the bottom, below Articles/Forum, under 'Fansubbing groups', you can find these things. You can also read comments when you click 'x of y users approve'.

MadaraUchiha said:
There'll always be some difference between Blu-Ray and TV but this was on a whole new level.
Here's a comparison for episode 1 of Bakemonogatari(this episode had the least number of changes):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you go to the anime's page, under 'Details', at the bottom, below Articles/Forum, under 'Fansubbing groups', you can find these things. You can also read comments when you click 'x of y users approve'.

Doesn't look too horrible. I can live with both versions I think =)

I see, found it. It is not like I chose subs, I usually just read whichever I get.

@MadaraUchiha  would you mind making a thread for the poll? As I am using my phone, I couldn't really make a good thread with all the recommendations, without getting confused.

i should have recommended spirit pact 2. it would have been my personal recommendations and i would have know at least i tried. too late now

Back