One Punch Man Season 2 coming April 2019

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Viz Media has announced that One Punch Man Season 2 will start airing in Spring 2019(it means it'll start in April 2019).

Source:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can also watch the trailer in that link^^.

Poster:
DkZSmURVAAIT5sG.jpg

That's gonna be a long wait for all the one punch man fans.
Well it's in production that's a good sign for now

Something tells me the enemies aren't going to die in 1 punch anymore and it will turn into a fighting anime.

Not much of a trailer. Anyways the manga of late has been epic and I truly hope the anime can reflect all the greatness going on.

Demon_skeith said:
Not much of a trailer. Anyways the manga of late has been epic and I truly hope the anime can reflect all the greatness going on.

The director of season 1 was talented+had a lot of connections so he was able to get great animators to work on it. It's gonna be really hard for JC Staff to match the quality of season 1.

BurnsyCEO said:
Something tells me the enemies aren't going to die in 1 punch anymore and it will turn into a fighting anime.

I've watched Mob Psycho, the other work of ONE and it's not like that either. But only @"Sindar" can answer whether it becomes a standard shounen after the events of the anime.

it's a good anime and i watched the first season. i would certainly watch the second season if it gets released

BurnsyCEO said:

MadaraUchiha said:
The director of season 1 was talented+had a lot of connections so he was able to get great animators to work on it. It's gonna be really hard for JC Staff to match the quality of season 1.

I've watched Mob Psycho, the other work of ONE and it's not like that either. But only @"Sindar" can answer whether it becomes a standard shounen after the events of the anime.

MadaraUchiha said:

I'm guessing he burned out his connections for season 2?

Demon_skeith said:
I'm guessing he burned out his connections for season 2?

From what I know it's the production company that decides the studio, director etc., so he probably had no say over it.

No OPM cost the same as any other 1 cour show. May be a bit more, but not too much. What they were able to do was make smart scheduling. Which is the recipe for success when it comes to good animation.
And while I agree that the art itself isn't on Murata's level(but it almost is), the animation more than compensates for it. I'm pretty sure I won't get the same experience when I read the manga, but that's just me, I prefer this medium.

MadaraUchiha said:
No OPM cost the same as any other 1 cour show. May be a bit more, but not too much. What they were able to do was make smart scheduling. Which is the recipe for success when it comes to good animation.
And while I agree that the art itself isn't on Murata's level(but it almost is), the animation more than compensates for it. I'm pretty sure I won't get the same experience when I read the manga, but that's just me, I prefer this medium.

One great year though, with Mob season 2 coming in Winter and OPM 2 in Spring.

I haven't but you mentioned it some time ago when you were watching it and it has piqued my interest of course. Both that(which I know is written by Nisio Isin) and The World God Only Knows constantly remind me of Monogatari(the poster/artwork, that is).

For me, Madoka isn't really all that unique, it's just a bit different. And maybe a bit darker than other Mahou Shoujo shows. Its strength is that it does everything well.

But the inverse is the popular opinion though, don't you think? Manga readers often get pissed off when the anime changes things. And of course that usually happens when the changes are for the worst, but they often pretend as though they have a high ground when it comes to the experience. 

Mob still became extremely popular in spite of that, though some people still thought that it had 'bad animation'(like Claraviolet), even though all it had was weird art.

2019 is going to be One great year though, with Mob season 2 coming in Winter and OPM 2 in Spring.

I haven't but you mentioned it some time ago when you were watching it and it has piqued my interest of course. Both that(which I know is written by Nisio Isin) and The World God Only Knows constantly remind me of Monogatari(the poster/artwork, that is).

For me, Madoka isn't really all that unique, it's just a bit different. And maybe a bit darker than other Mahou Shoujo shows. Its strength is that it does everything well.

Sure. I can imagine how it usually goes. A person is a fan of whatever he have read, and he sees all the adaptations of this story as only tributes to the original one. Then of course he wouldn't be happy about any changes. I don't care about things like that though, don't feel a need to build a shrine to any story and guard its wholeness :D

Yeah, people make up things like that to make themselves feel better or something. Kinda silly. If you only read manga you miss out on animation, colored art, music, scene composition, voice acting, etc. If you only watch anime you miss on artistic style details, manga-only things like panel layout, generally on unique idiosyncrasies of the mangaka. Both are good in their own ways. Though it is good to cut the manga readers some slack, you won't believe how hard it is to talk about an anime which you haven't seen, but read the manga, and not sounds like a pompous moron : D  It usually not intentional  :lost2:

It is probably thanks to the story and OPM popularity. Mob is well written and people have been waiting for it, so the unusual animation didn't kill it. I wonder if One will make a new project after Mob webtoon is done, and how long he is planning to keep going with OPM. 

I guess. Madoka's visual style mixes postmodern art, abstract art, surrealism, not to mention all the references and whatnot. I feel like it is far from being a normal anime style. It looks normal though, on the first glance. Maybe that is a good way to make experimental animation, I dunno. Maybe the team was just that good. They did a great job matching the visuals to the story too. In Kubikiri they also play this game, but there it is all about heavy stylizing, not nearly as subtle and complex as in Madoka. You'll see what I mean if you watch it. Better find an HD version by the way, it is worth it for sure =)

It is also interesting that the music and character designs in Madoka are completely normal and lite. They could have found some avant garde music for this show, but I think it wouldn't have worked as well as it did with its current OST. I am trying to think of any show where they would use some hardcore soundtrack difficult, can't remember any. Death Note with their death metal opening I guess, but that is pretty much mainstream music.

Sure. I can imagine how it usually goes. A person is a fan of whatever he have read, and he sees all the adaptations of this story as only tributes to the original one. Then of course he wouldn't be happy about any changes. I don't care about things like that though, don't feel a need to build a shrine to any story and guard its wholeness :D

Yeah, people make up things like that to make themselves feel better or something. Kinda silly. If you only read manga you miss out on animation, colored art, music, scene composition, voice acting, etc. If you only watch anime you miss on artistic style details, manga-only things like panel layout, generally on unique idiosyncrasies of the mangaka. Both are good in their own ways. Though it is good to cut the manga readers some slack, you won't believe how hard it is to talk about an anime which you haven't seen, but read the manga, and not sounds like a pompous moron : D  It usually not intentional  :lost2:

It is probably thanks to the story and OPM popularity. Mob is well written and people have been waiting for it, so the unusual animation didn't kill it. I wonder if One will make a new project after Mob webtoon is done, and how long he is planning to keep going with OPM. 

I guess. Madoka's visual style mixes postmodern art, abstract art, surrealism, not to mention all the references and whatnot. I feel like it is far from being a normal anime style. It looks normal though, on the first glance. Maybe that is a good way to make experimental animation, I dunno. Maybe the team was just that good. They did a great job matching the visuals to the story too. In Kubikiri they also play this game, but there it is all about heavy stylizing, not nearly as subtle and complex as in Madoka. You'll see what I mean if you watch it. Better find an HD version by the way, it is worth it for sure =)

It is also interesting that the music and character designs in Madoka are completely normal and lite. They could have found some avant garde music for this show, but I think it wouldn't have worked as well as it did with its current OST. I am trying to think of any show where they would use some hardcore soundtrack difficult, can't remember any. Death Note with their death metal opening I guess, but that is pretty much mainstream music.

Didn't Mob get over last December? I really thought it wouldn't get a second season until the Reigen OVA was announced.

I personally think that Madoka is normal when it comes to animation alone, nothing incredible(as in very good and better than most out there, but nothing amazing), it's the art that makes it stand apart. And the very well done fore-shadowing of course. The sequences involving the witches were surreal though, for sure.
They did kinda go apeshit in the Rebellion movie though(and the story kinda fall apart here and there).

A lot of Madhouse's openings are heavy metal/rock actually. Overlord, and Parasyte, for example.
An example of a misleading OP would be Death Parade's, with its sort of cheerful Jazz/pop music.

I really don't understand what you meant by "I am trying to think of any show where they would use some hardcore soundtrack difficult, can't remember any." though.

Back