One Punch Man Season 2 coming April 2019

MadaraUchiha said:
Didn't Mob get over last December? I really thought it wouldn't get a second season until the Reigen OVA was announced.

I personally think that Madoka is normal when it comes to animation alone, nothing incredible(as in very good and better than most out there, but nothing amazing), it's the art that makes it stand apart. And the very well done fore-shadowing of course. The sequences involving the witches were surreal though, for sure.
They did kinda go apeshit in the Rebellion movie though(and the story kinda fall apart here and there).

A lot of Madhouse's openings are heavy metal/rock actually. Overlord, and Parasyte, for example.
An example of a misleading OP would be Death Parade's, with its sort of cheerful Jazz/pop music.

I really don't understand what you meant by "I am trying to think of any show where they would use some hardcore soundtrack difficult, can't remember any." though.

You mean the webtoon? I don't really follow the news about One, but I had an impression both of his series are going to finish in an observable future. He is a good writer though, and he probably learned a lot from his last works, so I expect him to do well if he starts a new project.

Yeah yeah, you are right. The motion itself is pretty normal, except for clip art-like animations in the witches' worlds, that was a nice node to postmodern assembly artists =)

I am looking forward to watching that movie :D

Think of how Flowers of Evil or Ping Pong the Animation visuals are just difficult to get used to when you are new to this kind of animation. Now imagine the same with music =) There are plenty of classic examples of heavily stylized and difficult to listen to music, like Arnold Schoenberg and his atonal music, or Cecil Taylor's jazz improvisations. But I dunno if I ever heard anything like that in an anime. Weird visuals are easy to explain to your audience, they sell themselves. Weird sound, that takes a whole lot more work, I think.

Sindar said:
You mean the webtoon? I don't really follow the news about One, but I had an impression both of his series are going to finish in an observable future. He is a good writer though, and he probably learned a lot from his last works, so I expect him to do well if he starts a new project.

Yeah yeah, you are right. The motion itself is pretty normal, except for clip art-like animations in the witches' worlds, that was a nice node to postmodern assembly artists =)

I am looking forward to watching that movie :D

Think of how Flowers of Evil or Ping Pong the Animation visuals are just difficult to get used to when you are new to this kind of animation. Now imagine the same with music =) There are plenty of classic examples of heavily stylized and difficult to listen to music, like Arnold Schoenberg and his atonal music, or Cecil Taylor's jazz improvisations. But I dunno if I ever heard anything like that in an anime. Weird visuals are easy to explain to your audience, they sell themselves. Weird sound, that takes a whole lot more work, I think.

I searched and looks like I didn't make a review of it but it is going to be an interesting discussion for sure.

Magi has Arabian music(though I'm not sure if it's traditional since that part of the world is alien to me). Other than that I can't really remember anything. I guess a weird mix would be Samurai Champloo perhaps? Hip-hop and the setting blended so perfectly.

Back