Living in India Vs UK( My experience)

Tbh, if you go back and read your first post, it’s definitely complaining. You complained about having to take public transport, the fact you have to cook, your expenses, the food, the medical care, the weather. Basically every paragraph.

If you make a list of things you don’t like, that’s complaining.
Uh...I did that...and I still don't get the complaining part.

Well, for me complaining would be how my rental agency ignores all the requests we have raised and how we had to struggle with leaking showers and bad heating system and such.
Or how the internet service providers still wouldn't respond to the connection request even after 53 days and such.

Let's see, when I was travelling in a bus...we were all asked to get down from the bus...because the driver shift had ended...and I was like 'what?' just like that? We had to walk to the nearest bus-stop and had to board another bus after 45 minutes(before you say it....I didn't think of Uber at that time)....I was in shock.

Also, I never complained how hard it is to chop the local vegetables...because they were just too hard....

These are complaints and all of them got nothing to do with living in a new place and everything got to do with my earlier lifestyle. It's all related to some local stuff.
So, I still don't get the complaining part...but if you feel that it's all just complaining then, I apologize for that.

Tbh, if you go back and read your first post, it’s definitely complaining. You complained about having to take public transport, the fact you have to cook, your expenses, the food, the medical care, the weather. Basically every paragraph.

If you make a list of things you don’t like, that’s complaining.
I would say it's a biased opinion and not close to complaining. I take public transport whenever I travel as I don't have a car, and I find gum in most of the edges and cracks I find it revolting.

Uh...I did that...and I still don't get the complaining part.

Well, for me complaining would be how my rental agency ignores all the requests we have raised and how we had to struggle with leaking showers and bad heating system and such.
Or how the internet service providers still wouldn't respond to the connection request even after 53 days and such.

Let's see, when I was travelling in a bus...we were all asked to get down from the bus...because the driver shift had ended...and I was like 'what?' just like that? We had to walk to the nearest bus-stop and had to board another bus after 45 minutes(before you say it....I didn't think of Uber at that time)....I was in shock.

Also, I never complained how hard it is to chop the local vegetables...because they were just too hard....

These are complaints and all of them got nothing to do with living in a new place and everything got to do with my earlier lifestyle. It's all related to some local stuff.
So, I still don't get the complaining part...but if you feel that it's all just complaining then, I apologize for that.
I have a question: did you do any research on your job and where you’re going to live before you went there?

I know from first hand experience the UK has a sizable Indian immigrant population there, so did you check beforehand if where you’re moving to has a large Indian population? If you did, but it isn’t up to snuff there, there isn’t much you could have done about that. If you just accepted the job and hopped on the plane, that’s your own fault.

The same goes for the cost of living there. Did you look any of this up before you went there?

If you underestimated all of it beforehand, that does suck, but that’ll be a lesson for if there’s a next time. If you didn’t do research, that’s yet another lesson for you.

I would say it's a biased opinion and not close to complaining. I take public transport whenever I travel as I don't have a car, and I find gum in most of the edges and cracks I find it revolting.
Let’s pull up two different dictionaries here:

Since she fit the description of both dictionaries’ definition, she complained.

A biased opinion is an opinion based on an already existing bias that the person has. For example, if your first experience at a Domino’s pizza was bad, then you’d expect all Dominos to be bad and would express a negative opinion anytime someone brought up Domino’s.

Alright....let me see if I can explain this.
I never complained in my first post and I just compared the things in both the countries. Like I said before, both the countries got their own set of pros and cons.

I am trying make Burnsy see my own perspective here and nothing more. Most of the people .....after they visit US, Canada, UK etc., they would start complaining about the public transport timings, cleanliness, food being way too spicy....whatnot in India.
I couldn't say anything before because I have never experienced it myself and I thought may be everything is done on time to the utmost perfection...hmm...
However when I first landed here...I thought I must have gone back in time.....there aren't way too many tall buildings and like I said, you still need to look where you are going ...however it's a bit better but that's about it.

Even the public transport....well, I know it's hard to maintain the timings and for a few minutes...we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Well, let me tell you...I am not complaining but rather comparing stuff.

In my culture, well in my family, we would never wear anything that doesn't cover all the body except for hands, face and feet. So, I can't really get used to the clothing here. Well, even in India, it's almost the same...but like I said, my family is a bit different, I suppose. Also, in my native language I would be able to hold the conversation without making use of a single English word...still, most of the folks around me feel proud ....to not to be able to have their own native language speaking skills. I just don't get the view. Well, let me get back on the track -.-"

I have compared the food, public transport, hospitality, medical help, temperature..whatnot and I did tell you guys how cool it is in both the countries.

I did mention about the expenses and you are all focusing on that o_O To be honest, I don't really care about savings now. Even my family is like...just live a comfortable life first....I don't get how the convo turned all about 'cost of living'.

Anyway, I just made the thread based on my opinion and compared stuff( well, I do think it's a fair comparison and I did mention in my first post that the expenditure can be cut short, if people can adapt to local food habits and such).
That's it...and I don't have anything else to say (_ _)/

Now I'm curious, which city were you working in? I had assumed london till now but you describe it like you ended up in some backwater. There should be NO CITY in the UK that's looks like "you've gone back in time" especially compared to India.

Actually looking at this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
it seems you're probably just a moron because just because these types of buildings aren't always "old" but could be made to maintain that rustic victorian theme. It's a very good thing as it helps differentiate countries and showcases their own architecture or culture and even if they're super old they've at least maintained them and given them a facelift which makes the whole city more pleasing to look at.

Last edited:
Now I'm curious, which city were you working in? I had assumed london till now but you describe it like you ended up in some backwater. There should be NO CITY in the UK that's looks like "you've gone back in time" especially compared to India.

Actually looking at this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
it seems you're probably just a moron because just because these types of buildings aren't always "old" but could be made to maintain that rustic victorian theme. It's a very good thing as it helps differentiate countries and showcases their own architecture or culture and even if they're super old they've at least maintained them and given them a facelift which makes the whole city more pleasing to look at.
Well, I will be moving soon in about 3-4 months. As of now, I am in Bexley o_O . I did travel to London (just to see the cable car) and ...like I said, you don't see buildings with fancy mirrors here but..I didn't mean that in a bad way o_O

I do like technological development but we shouldn't forget our roots....stop looking at my words in a negative light kiddo (_ _)/
Did you visit Bengaluru? Did you see the IT parks over there? o_O When I was in Mysore Infosys campus...I was like ...oh my god O.O

Baka toddler :/ Like I said, it's just a simple comparison and I never meant to complain :/
I have a question: did you do any research on your job and where you’re going to live before you went there?

I know from first hand experience the UK has a sizable Indian immigrant population there, so did you check beforehand if where you’re moving to has a large Indian population? If you did, but it isn’t up to snuff there, there isn’t much you could have done about that. If you just accepted the job and hopped on the plane, that’s your own fault.

The same goes for the cost of living there. Did you look any of this up before you went there?

If you underestimated all of it beforehand, that does suck, but that’ll be a lesson for if there’s a next time. If you didn’t do research, that’s yet another lesson for you.

Let’s pull up two different dictionaries here:

Since she fit the description of both dictionaries’ definition, she complained.

A biased opinion is an opinion based on an already existing bias that the person has. For example, if your first experience at a Domino’s pizza was bad, then you’d expect all Dominos to be bad and would express a negative opinion anytime someone brought up Domino’s.
More like I never really had any choice. It's on a dependent visa and I had to resign from my earlier company...thanks to the immigration and after about 3 and half months...I got a job in the UK. Also >.> nope....I didn't do any research and I was fighting to...... not to immigrate till the very last minute...so.....

Even if there are Indians over here....they are strangers to me o_O and it takes me close to 24 hours to get back to my home...
However, you are right.....ignorance is not bliss but rather a curse at times.
How come you moved to UK?
;_; Fate I suppose

Well, I will be moving soon in about 3-4 months. As of now, I am in Bexley o_O . I did travel to London (just to see the cable car) and ...like I said, you don't see buildings with fancy mirrors here but..I didn't mean that in a bad way o_O

I do like technological development but we shouldn't forget our roots....stop looking at my words in a negative light kiddo (_ _)/
Did you visit Bengaluru? Did you see the IT parks over there? o_O When I was in Mysore Infosys campus...I was like ...oh my god O.O

Baka toddler :/ Like I said, it's just a simple comparison and I never meant to complain :/

More like I never really had any choice. It's on a dependent visa and I had to resign from my earlier company...thanks to the immigration and after about 3 and half months...I got a job in the UK. Also >.> nope....I didn't do any research and I was fighting to...... not to immigrate till the very last minute...so.....

Even if there are Indians over here....they are strangers to me o_O and it takes me close to 24 hours to get back to my home...

;_; Fate I suppose
You really need to be more independent and experience the world more :D

I was referring to the Indian population for your necessities like food and clothes. If you have special needs, you should have checked if you were moving somewhere that has what you're looking for.

People in the US military get forcibly moved all the time, and there's a difference between how people react when they immediately hate it before they get somewhere vs those who accept it and mentally prepare. Since it looked like you tried to weasel your way out of it until the last minute, that's why you're reacting negatively to your move. A lot of your posts just look like "this isn't India, I hate it".

I was referring to the Indian population for your necessities like food and clothes. If you have special needs, you should have checked if you were moving somewhere that has what you're looking for.

People in the US military get forcibly moved all the time, and there's a difference between how people react when they immediately hate it before they get somewhere vs those who accept it and mentally prepare. Since it looked like you tried to weasel your way out of it until the last minute, that's why you're reacting negatively to your move. A lot of your posts just look like "this isn't India, I hate it".
I am going to be honest then (_ _)/
Well, I did try to get out of this.... till the last minute ....so yeah you are right..... *sniff

If you don't like staying there you can always go back man.
From your post, you are not going to stay long in the UK. Why don't you think of it as a vacation? Not many could go to a different country and enjoy the different culture. Everything gives you more insight and handle things easily. There is no place like home and it applies to everyone. I miss my country and now I am in a different country and I like seeing all the differences and enjoy them at the same time. I plan to stay here for a few more years and travel the world before I turn into an old man. Life is too short.

I have gone through the entire thread. You are trying to hide your obvious dislike about staying in another country. You have the right to feel and express your views but if you have to stay there, it's better to, come to terms with it. In this way, you won't get depressed or feel that your life had taken a turn to worse. Visit places that are popular in the UK, like the London eye, Tower of london, local gardens, pools and there are many things to see. Take a look at them and after the time to depart arrives, you might have had lots of good memories with the country accumulated over the months.

If you don't like staying there you can always go back man.
From your post, you are not going to stay long in the UK. Why don't you think of it as a vacation? Not many could go to a different country and enjoy the different culture. Everything gives you more insight and handle things easily. There is no place like home and it applies to everyone. I miss my country and now I am in a different country and I like seeing all the differences and enjoy them at the same time. I plan to stay here for a few more years and travel the world before I turn into an old man. Life is too short.
Hahah...yeah >.>
I have gone through the entire thread. You are trying to hide your obvious dislike about staying in another country. You have the right to feel and express your views but if you have to stay there, it's better to, come to terms with it. In this way, you won't get depressed or feel that your life had taken a turn to worse. Visit places that are popular in the UK, like the London eye, Tower of london, local gardens, pools and there are many things to see. Take a look at them and after the time to depart arrives, you might have had lots of good memories with the country accumulated over the months.
To be honest, I am a little dissatisfied but in my first post I don't think I have mentioned anything to express this (_ _)/
Even now, I don't get how you guys came to know about it....well, thank you. I will look into those places xD

Hahah...yeah >.>
To be honest, I am a little dissatisfied but in my first post I don't think I have mentioned anything to express this (_ _)/
Even now, I don't get how you guys came to know about it....well, thank you. I will look into those places xD
It's obvious from your post. I usually see people praising the culture and the new things they have experienced

Hahah...yeah >.>
Well if you look at your post, it comes off primarily as negative, and you also said you didn’t want to be there. Even if there were some praises, there was more negativity, which outweighed the positive.

For example, if you gave something to someone and later asked “how was it”, and they primarily respond about it in a negative manner, you’d end up thinking “wow, they must not like my gift”.

Funny thread. Clara the UK has a lot of places to see and is very rich in art come to terms with it and embrace it

Haven’t read all the comments.

You’re paying too much for your rent, that’s on you. I spent £600 a month on a 2 bedroom house in a nice area. £1200 you’re being shafted

The public transport doesn’t vary?? My buses run the exact same time every single day. They might be 5 minutes late but that’s due to traffic, a disabled person getting on etc. I also go over a train line every day and it’s always at the same time so I’m not sure what you mean about the public transport

Health care is fair for us. You get idiots going in for common colds and stubbed toes so they have to make sure you’re actually unwell and not just wasting time. And it’s free so that’s another bonus

You’re paying too much for your rent, that’s on you. I spent £600 a month on a 2 bedroom house in a nice area. £1200 you’re being shafted

The public transport doesn’t vary?? My buses run the exact same time every single day. They might be 5 minutes late but that’s due to traffic, a disabled person getting on etc. I also go over a train line every day and it’s always at the same time so I’m not sure what you mean about the public transport

Health care is fair for us. You get idiots going in for common colds and stubbed toes so they have to make sure you’re actually unwell and not just wasting time. And it’s free so that’s another bonus
It still amazes me to hear free medical help.

if it's free people always try to take advantage of the system gem.
welcome back

Well if you look at your post, it comes off primarily as negative, and you also said you didn’t want to be there. Even if there were some praises, there was more negativity, which outweighed the positive.

For example, if you gave something to someone and later asked “how was it”, and they primarily respond about it in a negative manner, you’d end up thinking “wow, they must not like my gift”.
Yikes -_-"
Funny thread. Clara the UK has a lot of places to see and is very rich in art come to terms with it and embrace it
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

May be it's just my luck. I had to wait close to 40 minutes twice for a local bus and I did try to track the timings using the TFL app and google maps (_ _)/
As for the medical help....hmm....it's not completely free for immigrants -.-"
I paid close to 2500 pounds for 2.5 years. Even so, it's just the process....I went for a checkup for my nosebleed issue. They wanted to do a blood test and it took close to 10 days or so.
Later when I reached out to the doctor again, I had to make another appointment and that took 7 days. After that, they wanted to do another blood test and so it begins again ;_;
To be honest, I don't get the process at all (_ _)/
May be it will take me some time to understand and how to get the appointments early but as of now, I am still struggling ;_;

Back