Kyoto Animation burned down

MadaraUchiha said:
This isn't the only branch but I don't think you are too far off. They are pretty much an in-house studio and make everything by themselves and with so much data lost and not storing anything on the cloud(like every other Japanese company) I can't imagine how they can recreate all that stuff.

It's the talent loss I think which is the biggest loss. New anime can be drawn and recreated. But these guys were some of the best.

BurnsyCEO said:
It's the talent loss I think which is the biggest loss. New anime can be drawn and recreated. But these guys were some of the best.
Yeah the biggest for sure, people keep talking about budget and scheduling but even then you need talent and every single anime from KyoAni looked amazing at the very least.

Yasuhiro Takemoto and a lot of other animators confirmed dead. Yasuhiro directed Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Hyouka, Dragon Maid and a bunch of other great stuff. Fumoffu is literally my all-time favourite comedy anime.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yasuhiro Takemoto and a lot of other animators confirmed dead. Yasuhiro directed Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Hyouka, Dragon Maid and a bunch of other great stuff. Fumoffu is literally my all-time favourite comedy anime.

Great loss
I haven't seen fumoffu, just the main series

I hear they got a lot of donations for rebuilding, though the lost talent will never be recovered, at least any time soon.

Poseidon said:
Great loss
I haven't seen fumoffu, just the main series
If the original FMP is an action-comedy, Fumoffu is just pure comedy and The Second Raid is pure action. And Fumoffu is just absolute gold.

Back