HannahCN Intro

HannahCN

Because I might as well...

I wouldn't call myself a super dedicated manga / anime person, but I've recently been on another binge (where I'll take 1 or 2 nights to complete a series) in which I've managed to catch up on my watchlist some. My favorite genre is most likely Slice of Life, although I can appreciate a good anything, whether it's Slice of Life, Romance, or even Shonen. My recently caught up on anime have been a rewatch of Yuru Camp, Mob Psycho 100 (which I was unfortunately disappointed in after having heard so much about it), Gate, Hinamatsuri, Death Parade, Bloom Into You, Hisone and Masotan, Senryuu Girl, and am currently watching both Ancient Magus Bride and Stein's Gate.

My favorite anime ever is A Place Further Than The Universe, and as a final note, although I won't begrudge anyone their dubs, I do mostly prefer subs myself.

hi hannahcn.
welcome and i am sorry that you didn't like mob psycho much. it's a gag anime like one punch man. have you watched it? it's gotten very popular

One Punch Man I actually *did* really like. I guess if there's anything that's subjective, it's humor. =)

HannahCN said:
One Punch Man I actually *did* really like. I guess if there's anything that's subjective, it's humor. =)
that's great.
you might like saiki kusuo too. everyone here liked it a lot

Saiki kusuo was fun enough for a bit. I watched part of it, but I wasn't in any specific rush to finish it.

HannahCN said:
Saiki kusuo was fun enough for a bit. I watched part of it, but I wasn't in any specific rush to finish it.
it was a decent anime and i liked it a lot.
manga recently ended for it and i think it's very similar to gintama too

I hardly read any manga myself, but Bloom Into You, which I recently finished, was just so great it will likely be the first manga I'll be physically buying. =)

And I guess from what's been said, although I really do like comedy elements in my anime from time to time, pure comedy and not much else anime might be the one genre I'm not all that keen on.

HannahCN said:
Because I might as well...

I wouldn't call myself a super dedicated manga / anime person, but I've recently been on another binge (where I'll take 1 or 2 nights to complete a series) in which I've managed to catch up on my watchlist some. My favorite genre is most likely Slice of Life, although I can appreciate a good anything, whether it's Slice of Life, Romance, or even Shonen. My recently caught up on anime have been a rewatch of Yuru Camp, Mob Psycho 100 (which I was unfortunately disappointed in after having heard so much about it), Gate, Hinamatsuri, Death Parade, Bloom Into You, Hisone and Masotan, Senryuu Girl, and am currently watching both Ancient Magus Bride and Stein's Gate.

My favorite anime ever is A Place Further Than The Universe, and as a final note, although I won't begrudge anyone their dubs, I do mostly prefer subs myself.

Hi Hannah chan!
I would like to recommend seirei no moribito as you like shonen genre too and kyou kara ore wa, which is of comedy genre :D
Welcome to MAF by the way (^^)/

I've heard a lot of great things about Geass. Bakuman looks pretty neat from its short description. Shin Sekai didn't immediately grab my attention from what I was able to tell, but it might be fun. I guess I've gotten to a place where I mostly prefer shorter anime. I do accept that there are some classics spanning multiple seasons I might just have to get to eventually though. XD

Thanks for the recommendations!

Some good anime in your list. Steins Gate is in my top 4, and A Place Further Than the Universe was amazing, we all watched it here a few months back. Why didn't you like Mob Psycho? 
Have you watched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
Also welcome to the forum.

Blackangel said:
bokurano is also a good anime everyone enjoyed here.
and you could watch one outs too

Bokura No and One Outs look pretty nice, except perhaps not exactly my genre. But I added them to my watchlist regardless.

I've not watched FMA:B, but I've watched a large part of original FMA and plan on finishing it first (when I get around to it), because I've heard it said that while watching FMA:B after FMA is still doable, the other way around is ... not as much. And honestly, Mob Psycho's story to me was... pretty generic. I might just be done with Shonen for a while unless they bring something rather unique to the table. I like Shokugeki No Soma, but that one does its own unique thing, and I love Boku No Hero Academia, but you can't deny that one has a great story. I don't really consider just looking great (as Mob Psycho did) to be enough to justify a generic story.

ETA: Oh, and before I forget, thanks everyone else I didn't reply to specifically who welcomed me to MAF as well!

Back