Enter: MelloLily

MelloLily

Hello!

So Melody is my real name... no joke, for some reason, it is hard for people to believe that online. So I have to emphasize it. Mello is a nick name I picked up from friends in middle school. I added Lily since it is my favorite flower and a fake name I used sometimes for fun. Hence, now I have my main username I use online and a name people know me as, MelloLily. So that is the story on how I got that username.

I am 22, October 25th is my birthday. In my fifth year of college, studying Human Services/Psychology with a minor in American Sign Language. I currently have my Associate's and working on Bachelor's, which I will have at the end of this year.

I moderate on two anime sites: NarutoSpot, and AnimeRam.

A bit about myself and hobbies. I enjoy anime and manga, well that was a given. I also draw some anime, but I am not that good... I avoid drawing hands. I also love to swim and being outdoors, so I am not a complete basket case. Oh wait, I have to add gaming, so basket case it is.

So a bit about myself, feel free to ask questions and let me know about yourself.

Oh, and since I know this may come up as a question, here is MyAnimeList. I have to add a few more animes I have seen and add a few on plan to watch, but I think you can get the gist of a lot of anime I have seen. And yes, you'll see a lot of yaoi.

MelloLily said:
Hello!

So Melody is my real name... no joke, for some reason, it is hard for people to believe that online. So I have to emphasize it. Mello is a nick name I picked up from friends in middle school. I added Lily since it is my favorite flower and a fake name I used sometimes for fun. Hence, now I have my main username I use online and a name people know me as, MelloLily. So that is the story on how I got that username.

I am 20, will be 21 in October. Going into my fourth year of college, studying Human Services/Psychology with a minor in Criminal Justice. I currently have my Associate's and working on Bachelor's.

I work with two subbing groups for Detective Conan (by the way, I support buying the things to support the show/manga, but takes too long to get to America). My first group is HubukiSubs, known for being the first to get out Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: Movie. The second group is ShinRanSubs, known to have the most recent videos out right now for Detective Conan. I do not translate, I only work on spelling and grammar, and timing subtitles. Not claiming to be the best, but I can tell when spelling is wrong or when a wrong word is used.

Other than that, I moderate on two anime sites: NarutoSpot, and AnimeRam.

A bit about myself and hobbies. I enjoy anime and manga, well that was a given. I also draw some anime, but I am not that good... I avoid drawing hands. I also love to swim and being outdoors, so I am not a complete basket case. Oh wait, I have to add gaming, so basket case it is.

So a bit about myself, feel free to ask questions and let me know about yourself.

Oh, and since I know this may come up as a question, here is MyAnimeList. I have to add 1-2 more animes I have seen and add a few on plan to watch, but I think you can get the gist of a lot of anime I have seen. And yes, you'll see a lot of yaoi.

Welcome to OPF ^^
Feel free to drop by now and then .........and we are more than happy to have you, as our marine nakama :cuteeyes:

Hello, glad to see you =) Never knew that you work with fansub groups, that is pretty cool. They do need people who would check the translation, even the official subtitles sometimes have pretty weird choice of words. And it is good to know that subbing community is still alive.

And I looked at you MAL list, wow, you have seen like every Detective Conan movie or OVA :huh2: Now I know whom I'll ask which is the first one, and in what order am I supposed to watch that :p

Hello.............I've sent you a request in MAL..........My username is TheLivingLegend..........Same profile pic.........

Yo Melody!

Long time no see! =) How have you been?
Welcome to One Piece Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here :cheers:
I am Gaara :p

No worries, Smoker. Claraviolet and I go back by two years, so I know that I can count on staff. :)

Sindar, I am also caught up on the manga for Detective Conan :p Good to see you again.

Madara, I'll be sure to accept it later. ^_^

Gaara, as in Clara's sister? Long time no see! <3

MelloLily said:
No worries, Smoker. Claraviolet and I go back by two years, so I know that I can count on staff. :)

Sindar, I am also caught up on the manga for Detective Conan :p Good to see you again.

Madara, I'll be sure to accept it later. ^_^

Gaara, as in Clara's sister? Long time no see! <3

Yo! @[username] that's how you tag a person here.Then that particular person will get an alert as well as a PM about it :p

@claraviolet
I knew that, I have used this type of forum before and Proboards also does that. However, since display name can be changed, it is hard to know the login name. SO I don't do that. (Except on Proboards, because if you hover over a name, it tells you the login name).

Edit: See what I mean? Apparently claraviolet isn't your login name, so it didn't work.

Yo....Lily....welcome aboard...well......that pretty detailed intro ...and...damn... subbing group....?...and...human psychology and criminal justice..?..u're super cool...hope to know u more...Detective.Lily...;)

MelloLily said:
@claraviolet
I knew that, I have used this type of forum before and Proboards also does that. However, since display name can be changed, it is hard to know the login name. SO I don't do that. (Except on Proboards, because if you hover over a name, it tells you the login name).

Edit: See what I mean? Apparently claraviolet isn't your login name, so it didn't work.

Apparently you haven't used square brackets :D
@[MelloLily] That's how you tag a person.It is "C"laraviolet as you can see,the user tagging system is case-sensitive. We have unique names so that this user tagging can work efficiently :D

Anyway welcome to OPF and enjoy your stay here :D

MelloLily said:
>.> I thought she put in the brackets so it wouldn't tag possible people with that login name.

She gave the exact syntax and quote others in your reply,so that they will get an alert about your reply:D

I hope you are familiar with the alert system,profile comments and private messages :D

It isn't that difficult to use.

Proboards is entirely different from mybb :D

As I said before,you should quote others in your replies.Otherwise they might think that you are ignoring them :)

Star_Of_Hope said:
It isn't that difficult to use.

Proboards is entirely different from mybb :D

As I said before,you should quote others in your replies.Otherwise they might think that you are ignoring them :)

Okay, fine. If you say so. Again though, I am familiar with both forums. I bet I have been using them longer than you.

ProBoards: Joined September of 2007.
mybb: First forum joined that used it was Summer of 2009.

MelloLily said:
Okay, fine. If you say so. Again though, I am familiar with both forums. I bet I have been using them longer than you.

This isn't about experience.I am familiar with this software because of clara :D

She did her best for this site :)

So,are you familiar with Japanese?

Star_Of_Hope said:
MelloLily said:

This isn't about experience.I am familiar with this software because of clara :D

She did her best for this site :)

So,are you familiar with Japanese?
My point of saying that was because you told me how they differ AFTER I already said I knew. I feel like someone is trying to talk down on me when they do that.

And somewhat. I know a few phrases and I translate what I know, but I mainly edit subtitles and time the subtitles.

MelloLily said:
My point of saying that was because you told me how they differ AFTER I already said I knew. I feel like someone is trying to talk down on me when they do that.

And somewhat. I know a few phrases and I translate what I know, but I mainly edit subtitles and time the subtitles.

It depends on the way we see things. I am neither talking down on you nor I have that intention to do so.But you keep on repeating that proboards is good which is a bit uncomfortable. We are using mybb and we are satisfied with it. That is all there is to it.

I can see that you are full of confidence, but I am not entirely different from you in that aspect :D

Back