Big Data and it's analysis

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Staff member
How many of you guys heard of  big data?

I bet many of you know what big data is :)
Well, let me share some exciting information about big data. It's just the data we produce which is just enormously big.

Big in terms of size. You can't possibly imagine how much data we produce everyday. Do you guys know that most of the big data is produced by machines automatically? Also, big data don't have any particular structure and it contains various types of data.
In other words it consists of data that varies in terms of volume(size), velocity(speed) and variety(type). It's called the 3-V data. That being said, most of the big data is useless data. Still we need to break down big data to get various new patters and it also helps in getting information from various sources. 
One more thing, today's big data isn't tomorrow's big data. The data will keep on increasing with each passing moment.

Right now there aren't any applications that can be used against big data, to retrieve useful information.
Well, hadoop technology, map-reduce, storm....we have technologies that can be used for analyzing the big data. But they aren't 100% efficient. The research is still going on big data.

So, what do you guys think about big data?

well... im still confused at what this big data actually means.. is it like the data : that we store in various databases, that gets transferred through networks and all ?

does it only comprise computational data or does it also involve physical data storage like that in human brain? .

and what do you mean by velocity? :p guess i didnt understand much of it..

Albert Newton said:
well... im still confused at what this big data actually means.. is it like the data : that we store in various databases, that gets transferred through networks and all ?

does it only comprise computational data or does it also involve physical data storage like that in human brain? .

and what do you mean by velocity? :p guess i didnt understand much of it..

Nope.
Let's see now. In a traditional database everything is stored in the form of tables..but when it comes it big data ..it doesn't have any proper structure(that's why it's difficult to retrieve useful information from it).

For example, take facebook...we can share almost anything like image file with various formats, videos, text ...whatnot.
So, where do you think all this information will store? In a normal table?
Also, a big data is nothing but the data that is getting accumulated by us each day.

Do you know that spy cameras or traffic cameras need large storage capacity to store all the data? So, just by standing infront of a recording camera we are producing data.

Also, the data comes from satellites, from people from whether equipment....whatnot.
Everything is considered in this term "big data".
I hope I am not confusing you kiddo :p

so....simply a really large collection of data is termed as big data ? and lol .. i am still a bit confused.. :p

okay.. guess this 'll clear my confusion. :

is there a really physical or any imaginable difference between big data and normal data other than the structure and the size?

and what did you mean by type ?

and yeah.. i could just look it up in the internet , but it's fun learning here :D

It would be interesting if someone actually comes up with a good way to deal with big data.

Albert Newton said:
so....simply a really large collection of data is termed as big data ? and lol .. i am still a bit confused.. :p
okay.. guess this 'll clear my confusion. :
is there a really physical or any imaginable difference between big data and normal data other than the structure and the size?
and what did you mean by type ?
and yeah.. i could just look it up in the internet , but it's fun learning here :D
Yup. You got it. The size exceeds your imagination :p
A normal data can be stored in a structured manner in a database and it is really easy to retrieve information from it. Where as retrieving the information from big data, is really hard.
Type is in terms of formats...like png,jpeg,gif,...whatnot for images MP4, AVI, FLV......whatnot for videos and swf files files....there are so many formats out there kiddo!
Shaurya said:
It would be interesting if someone actually comes up with a good way to deal with big data.

Why don't YOU try something about it, little one.
Here is a hint, try using Haddop. It's a open source platform :p

Claraviolet said:
Why don't YOU try something about it, little one.
Here is a hint, try using Haddop. It's a open source platform :p

I refuse :liar1:

Stop giving replies to my comments. I am trying to increase my HP and I don't want you to increase your HP too. Let me just talk to myself :mad2: (Yes. I know I am being unreasonable :p )

Shaurya said:
I refuse :liar1:

Stop giving replies to my comments. I am trying to increase my HP and I don't want you to increase your HP too. Let me just talk to myself :mad2: (Yes. I know I am being unreasonable :p )

:hehe:
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Anyway, I am trying to increase my HP too ._.
Also, you can have fun ya know...hadoop is really cool as far as I know .__.

Claraviolet said:
:hehe:
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Anyway, I am trying to increase my HP too ._.
Also, you can have fun ya know...hadoop is really cool as far as I know .__.

Oh yes. I almost forgot that I killed you before you got to do anything :evilgrin:
*pat pat* Good luck increasing your HP :3

Like I said, I refuse >. <

Shaurya said:
Oh yes. I almost forgot that I killed you before you got to do anything :evilgrin:
*pat pat* Good luck increasing your HP :3

Like I said, I refuse >. <

Well, we won. So, that sort of small details doesn't really matter :D
If you really want to increase your HP, post threads :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Well, we won. So, that sort of small details doesn't really matter :D
If you really want to increase your HP, post threads :D

Oh yes, they matter dear Star :3 I killed Claraviolet. How am I not supposed to feel good about it? :angel:

Shaurya said:
Oh yes, they matter dear Star :3 I killed Claraviolet. How am I not supposed to feel good about it? :angel:

It doesn't matter since we won and now she is resurrected :D

The last one who stand wins :

Star_Of_Hope said:
It doesn't matter since we won and now she is resurrected :D

The last one who stand wins :

I see. Then you won't mind my adding 'I killed Claraviolet' to my signature? :full:

Shaurya said:
I see. Then you won't mind my adding 'I killed Claraviolet' to my signature? :full:

That's not fair.
You are teasing her because you lost to us? That's not a really good thing to do :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
That's not fair.
You are teasing her because you lost to us? That's not a really good thing to do :D

What is it to you if I tease her? :evil2:
She died without using a single weapon XDD

Shaurya said:
What is it to you if I tease her? :evil2:
She died without using a single weapon XDD

She is my captain and I don't want anyone to look down on her even though she is pathetic in way :(
She died for nothing :(

Star_Of_Hope said:
She is my captain and I don't want anyone to look down on her even though she is pathetic in way :(
She died for nothing :(

Yes. She is pathetic and she died for nothing. Just ditch her and join my crew :evil2:

Shaurya said:
Yes. She is pathetic and she died for nothing. Just ditch her and join my crew :evil2:
Sure. If madara and smoker joins Claraviolet's crew. I don't mind joining in your crew :D

Star_Of_Hope said:
Sure. If madara and smoker joins Claraviolet's crew. I don't mind joining in your crew :D

No. I don't want you in my crew -_- I am happy with my loyal team mates.

Shaurya said:
No. I don't want you in my crew -_- I am happy with my loyal team mates.

Why don't you want me in your crew? :(
You are the one who asked me to join your crew in the first place.

Back