smoker said:
TheRealOne said:
smoker said:
TheRealOne said:
smoker said:
Yu yu hakusho is good

Have you watched hunter x hunter?

yes but i droped it after 10_ episode

Loooool don't stop there man. It gets way better later on.

hope so....currently im watching yu yu hakusho its funny and interesting :p

Well give it a chance and you won't regret it : P

I've finished yu yu hakusho a while ago. It was pretty good, one of my top 3 favourite animes. But I like hunter x hunter a bit more : P It has this seinen type story which I like about it.

Well, that depends on how you are comparing them.

The first anime for Hunter x Hunter? Well, it's a'right. I do love the Hunter Exam, but they really don't go very far because the anime wasn't far at the time. Since it's ongoing it's kind of hard to make much. Especially considering that Togashi, who created both of them, has been putting HxH on a hiatus on and off for various reasons (sick, traveling with his wife, etc). The 2011 HxH is phenomemal. 

I love both of them equally. He does a fantastic job with his creations and I commend him on it. He is definitely my favorite manga-ka and I would love to read all of his work.

I recommend watching YuYu Hakusho first and then watch HunterxHunter 2011. There are so many Easter eggs in that show from YuYu that you will NOT notice without it. There are also some Easter eggs for people who read the manga. Charms, toys, etc. in the background mostly. You can see the dog Togashi uses to represent himself when he speaks to his readers and various little side characters from YYH as charms. It made me squee every time I caught them.

There's also a lot of comparisons to be made with the two shows. While, yes, different characters in different settings... there are a LOT of similarities that I love about it. I swear that Gon is Yusuke's kid, because Ging is totally like Yusuke. His outlook on life and everything just screams YUSUKE. Even his appearance once you see him later on in the series is spot on adult Yusuke.

Both shows are hilarious with serious undertones. They delve into friendship, but in a more realistic fashion than the majority of anime I have seen. They don't go, "WE ARE FRIENDS FOREVER AND EVER AND NEVER EVER PART." There are times where you don't see certain characters you swore would be the main cast forever because they are off doing something else. Characters being like, "Man, I know you don't care about school, but I do. So see ya." Characters who are all, "Okay, I'm not as strong as you guys. This is over my head. I'm going to stay here."

Though, it also greatly varies on the version you're watching for the shows. Subbed YYH has different jokes than dubbed YYH, because the subbed was made in 1990 while the dubbed was made in the 2000s. So if you really can't grasp the jokes of the early 90s/late 80s then you might not enjoy some of the hilariousness from the first season, namely from Kuwabara. Both subbed and dubbed are good. I have seen all of both. But that is the gigantic difference between the two.

HxH you really need to watch the 2011 one and pretend the other one doesn't exist. The other one is cute, sure, but it doesn't go as far at all into the series.

Both are awesome in their own rights and teach great things. Keep going, don't give up, there's more to life than revenge, and so on. 

I'm one of those people who tends to watch an anime, movie, etc. once and I move on with my life to watch others things. However, I would gladly watch all 100+ episodes of both series over and over again. (YuYu is about 109 and HxH is about 150ish). They are both amazing series.

I haven't watched hunter x hunter but I heard that it got potential to even surpass all the popular anime like naruto, one piece.
So, without a doubt I will go with hunter x hunter

i would like hunter x hunter and it's great of both the anime with good story. i don't like the animation of yu yu hakusho.

Back