Your Lie in April

Ace

Manga Name: Your Lie in April

Source: Manga Rock

Ranking: Rank #1719

Chapters: 45

Genres: Tragedy, Music, Slice of Life

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
At a very young age, Kousei Arima was strictly taught by his mother how to play the piano and meticulously follow the score, to the point where he dominated every competition he entered with ease. He earned the title of "Human Metronome" for performing almost perfectly. Every musician of his age looked up to him. However, after his mother suddenly dies, he became tone-deaf due to the shock and then disappeared, never to be seen onstage since.

Two years later, Kousei lives a monotonous life with his childhood friends Tsubaki Sawabe and Ryouta Watari supporting him. He continues to cling to music, although performing is still an impossibility for him. This is until his unexpected encounter with Kaori Miyazono, a violinist who performs freely without the dictations of a score. A story of friendship, love, music, and a single lie, Kousei's life begins to change and gain color as Kaori helps him to take up music again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Opinion: Just like A Silent Voice I had so many people recommend this manga to me. picked it up after A Silent Voice, both have won a place in my heart.

Ranking: [X] Means it checks the box [/] Doesn't completely satisfy [?] not sure

Personal Ranking: 10/10
[/] Manga complete?
[X] Great Art?
[X] Stunning story-line?
[X] Fantastic Character design?

Explanation of the reduction of my rating:
N/A

i saw the anime.
it's sad and sweet. i liked it a lot and in the end i want those two to get together but i don't think it will happen

One of the saddest animes that came out in recent times, I love the music, I love the story, and god do I love the characters!

Only reading your brief exanation about Lie in April I felt emotional for the promising artist that was doing well but crash down to stopping his music partially after his mom's death.

Well at first it was emotional. When his mother dies and he was deeply struck. But the climax is very predictable here. Good for one time read

Back