Your first PC?

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I think this is relavent to everyone here so anyone else wanna tell their stories? [/font]

I play this on my first PC haha..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My first PC is a laptop....I know I know....
And I didn't know how to switch on a computer properly, until I had started my engineering education xD

Risk said:
Sounds like about the same time we got our first PC.

Hm no stories about that? Like what you did on it?

Poseidon said:
I play this on my first PC haha..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh boy that looks ancient. So you also started as a PC gamer?

Claraviolet said:
My first PC is a laptop....I know I know....
And I didn't know how to switch on a computer properly, until I had started my engineering education xD

That is some major foolishness mostly on your parents part and you......didn't you study computer science? You went in knowing actually nothing? Even in school you study something about computers.

BurnsyCEO said:

That is some major foolishness mostly on your parents part and you......didn't you study computer science? You went in knowing actually nothing? Even in school you study something about computers.

Think we got ours around 2003. Pentium 4, 500 MB ram and about 100 gb hard disk. Remember playing games like Claw, Road Rash, etc, and after a few years I got a low end graphics card and ended up playing a lot of games from the PS2 era like Prince of Persia, GTA, Counter Strike, etc.

Yes very ancient @BurnsyCEO hahaha.. 

We actually owned Atari but i was too young to play it, so i only watch my brother play the game. My very first experience was PC, that was CGA PC with DOS system, i play that game, Dig dug, bubble bubble, tetris, frogger, wings of fury, duck tales, karateka, zaxxon, thexder, ninja turtles and many more i can't remember

MadaraUchiha said:
Think we got ours around 2003. Pentium 4, 500 MB ram and about 100 gb hard disk. Remember playing games like Claw, Road Rash, etc, and after a few years I got a low end graphics card and ended up playing a lot of games from the PS2 era like Prince of Persia, GTA, Counter Strike, etc.

BurnsyCEO said:

I was young when we got our first one but I mostly remember playing some of the pre-installed games as my first ones like pin ball and stuff like solitaire and minesweeper even though I have no idea and still don't on how to play either. There were a lot of online ones but I forget a lot of them.

[quote="BurnsyCEO" pid='143250' dateline='1560956572']

So why did you go into that field? And how did you manage? People I knew hardly got programming even being computer users for a long time. And you learned enough in your time to be this knowledgeable? That's actually impressive.
[/quote]

Not really sure. I was in electronics department at first ...but when I learned 'C' language in my first year.....I was like....this is it! So, I changed my department :D
Apart from programming, I don't know anything else..... to be honest ....the same goes to computer hardware too. I don't know how to build a computer like you guys.

Those look a generation older than even what I used to play. I never had an any console before my PS1 so how far back are you talking when you say atari?

Risk said:
I was young when we got our first one but I mostly remember playing some of the pre-installed games as my first ones like pin ball and stuff like solitaire and minesweeper even though I have no idea and still don't on how to play either. There were a lot of online ones but I forget a lot of them.

Those games have been so often played by our generation I wonder how much better it would have been if they included any actually good games, how much better our free time could have been.

Claraviolet said:
Not really sure. I was in electronics department at first ...but when I learned 'C' language in my first year.....I was like....this is it! So, I changed my department :D
Apart from programming, I don't know anything else..... to be honest ....the same goes to computer hardware too. I don't know how to build a computer like you guys.

I don't know how to build a computer wtf lol. I know just enough to pick a good gaming machine for my budget so that includes some hardware knowledge that's all.

BurnsyCEO said:
Those look a generation older than even what I used to play. I never had an any console before my PS1 so how far back are you talking when you say atari?

Those games have been so often played by our generation I wonder how much better it would have been if they included any actually good games, how much better our free time could have been.

I don't know how to build a computer wtf lol. I know just enough to pick a good gaming machine for my budget so that includes some hardware knowledge that's all.

Well, I know some folks who can do that.If I remember correctly @Demon_skeith knows how to build a computer from scratch as well.

As for me, my hardware knowledge is close to Nil. If anything I just use amazon reviews to choose a product

BurnsyCEO said:

How far.. it was mid 80's

Claraviolet said:
Well, I know some folks who can do that.If I remember correctly @Demon_skeith knows how to build a computer from scratch as well.

As for me, my hardware knowledge is close to Nil. If anything I just use amazon reviews to choose a product

Poseidon said:
How far.. it was mid 80's

So like cavemen days....

Second PC in 2011. 4GB RAM, i3 3.2Ghz and a pretty shitty graphics card. Could only play games from the early PS3 era.

It was some hunk of junk that didn't really work even after getting it cleaned up. Eventually my family got me a emachines pc that ran vista. I don't remember its specs though.

Back