World Trigger

Ace

PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE MY OWN PERSONAL REVIEWS!

Anime: World Trigger

Author: Ashihara Kaisuke
Chapters: 124 (2-3/1-2week releases)
Ranking: 19

Categories: Action, Shounen, Supernatural, Sci-Fi

Description: A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

Personal review: I honestly love this story-line! Though there are some things I'd like to know more about as in how they came to researching this technology (no spoilers) as well as the history of some of the characters would be interesting none the less it score a 7/10 on my personal ranking i definitely recommend this to others

Another save the earth type manga.
I don't know why people would want to write something so mundane. May be they want something exciting in their boring lives. This manga does seem different where the protagonists are using something that alien already knows instead of using some power that our ancestors used.

Robin said:
Another save the earth type manga.
I don't know why people would want to write something so mundane. May be they want something exciting in their boring lives. This manga does seem different where the protagonists are using something that alien already knows instead of using some power that our ancestors used.

Shall i look for some romance/comedy's for you then? ii honestly don't mind the genre

Ace said:
Shall i look for some romance/comedy's for you then? ii honestly don't mind the genre

I do read them from time to time but I don't really want to read romance genre. It's too slow going and doesn't have much story.

Another invading the earth and rescue. How many times has the same thing been repeated?
Even there are many movies.
So, what makes this anime good?

Let see... to me it's not really that bad though, not excellent but the secrets and the ideas are good enough to keep on watching.

Story type: World rescuer... absolutely not new so this can be boring.

Pros:
+ Has some pretty good concept about fighting styles (like dividing role - Sniper - Gunner - Melee), bunch of weapons varieties (especially the Black Trigger).
+ Involving pretty deep strategical element, combat involving plans and strategies in order to win, not just charging in the battlefield with the power of "trust and believe" and win.
+ Main character is not badass (actually this is both cons and pros). I put it this way because seems there is a trend of super character right at the beginning. Main character follows a pretty interesting path to me, he's a thinking type, not fighting type, his struggle between being a good fighter and being a good leader.

Cons:
+ Somehow I feel the storyline is slow and somewhat mundane. The story is gradually becoming more interesting in the recent chapters (at the moment of this comment) but still not enough impact to pull me in.
+ The main character (Osamu) is so... irritating, so weak, he can cause annoying feeling to many readers at the beginning. Luckily the guy is getting better as the story goes.

That's all I can say at the moment, so to conclude for now I also give this one 7/10, not excellent, definitely not a hit right at the start. I can recommend this one to all manga fans, IF, you are patient and forgiving enough since it will surely annoy you at the beginning. Seems it is best to wait for several more chapters to see how things go.

Just how many mangas did you read?
That post and your points about the manga are quite detailed. may be you should write for the forum blog.

Nel said:
Just how many mangas did you read?
That post and your points about the manga are quite detailed. may be you should write for the forum blog.
I cant remember the amount of mangas I've read. But I dun think I read tons of manga though, I just read what interest me in the first sight (and sadly get dissapointed many times) or what my friends recommend.

Arsudar said:
I cant remember the amount of mangas I've read. But I dun think I read tons of manga though, I just read what interest me in the first sight (and sadly get dissapointed many times) or what my friends recommend.

Yeah dissapoint alot, especially nowadays. Each time I saw something new, at first I'm interested due to the artwork, but then the story: some misarable guy died/passed away and then reincarnate in a magical world... like seriously? That's kinda a trend after the success of SAO and after that more and more series follow the same route with no differences.
I still read manga so let see I can only remember some names here: World Trigger, Boku no Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul:Re, Kuroshitsuji, Noblesse (and to answer your final question, yes I read Noblesse, it's excellent one!), Toriko, Fairy Tail (though I'm not much interested in that anymore) etc...

Arsudar said:
Yeah dissapoint alot, especially nowadays. Each time I saw something new, at first I'm interested due to the artwork, but then the story: some misarable guy died/passed away and then reincarnate in a magical world... like seriously? That's kinda a trend after the success of SAO and after that more and more series follow the same route with no differences.
I still read manga so let see I can only remember some names here: World Trigger, Boku no Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul:Re, Kuroshitsuji, Noblesse (and to answer your final question, yes I read Noblesse, it's excellent one!), Toriko, Fairy Tail (though I'm not much interested in that anymore) etc...

SAO at first is popular cuz somehow people felt it as 'unique'. To some extent I say SAO got good drama and tension elements. But this is only in the first season, the later 2 seasons (Fairy thingy season and 'Call of Duty' season) is not appealing anymore. From what i've heard, fans are hoping for the Underworld... however personally I dun expect much from it.
If the authors of Noblesse really want to, they can even have life-action serie, not just anime lol XD.

Arsudar said:
SAO at first is popular cuz somehow people felt it as 'unique'. To some extent I say SAO got good drama and tension elements. But this is only in the first season, the later 2 seasons (Fairy thingy season and 'Call of Duty' season) is not appealing anymore. From what i've heard, fans are hoping for the Underworld... however personally I dun expect much from it.
If the authors of Noblesse really want to, they can even have life-action serie, not just anime lol XD.

Are you telling me that there is no hope for SAO 3 at all?
That's good and bad at the same time. Why do you think noblesse can live action? Is it that close to slice of life?

Nel said:
Are you telling me that there is no hope for SAO 3 at all?
That's good and bad at the same time. Why do you think noblesse can live action? Is it that close to slice of life?

that's understandable senpai. but people love gaming stuff.
you gotta see the hype. they will go gaga over anything related to gmaing senpai. log horizon, no game no life, sao, you name it senpai

I haven't read nobless just heard about it.
Looks like it got ovas but not an anime. do you think they will ever make anime for it?

Nel said:
I haven't read nobless just heard about it.
Looks like it got ovas but not an anime. do you think they will ever make anime for it?
High chance it will, the question is just when.
After all it is a good manga, or manhwa :D

Try writing long manga reviews. Then you can also get your stuff published in the blog.

Arsudar said:
High chance it will, the question is just when.
After all it is a good manga, or manhwa :D

I would love to see it then. I prefer anime over manga, at the end of the day. Sorry that's just my preference.

Back