Why was this locked?

Risk

So I saw this thread get locked for asking for pirated content but I didn't think there was any problems with it since I literally have a pinned post on the anime board explaining in detail on how to torrent and there is another pinned thread with a bunch of illegal streaming sites.

Thread: https://animemangaforum.com/thread-18996-post-126374.html#pid126374

We do try to avoid illegal content as much as we can.
Please give us the link that's supposed to be hosting illegal content and we would take appropriate action.

Actually a lot of reddit sites and forums have gotten into trouble when certain links have been posted I've seen it happen first hand that's why.
It's not like I watch everything on legit sites as well.

MadaraUchiha said:
Actually a lot of reddit sites and forums have gotten into trouble when certain links have been posted I've seen it happen first hand that's why.

Then we can just say the names of the site without linking anything.

I'm sorry..didn't know that my simple quest for a movie to watch would cause you so much trouble.
I really would not have bothered if I knew this would be the out come

BurnsyCEO said:
Then we can just say the names of the site without linking anything.

I'm all for moderating but I can't babysit everyone to not post links people obviously tend to post links more often plus it's not all that difficult to find a website to watch movies it's a simple search on Google.

MadaraUchiha said:

Only because those sites are huge and they wanna protect them self, nothing bad is going to happen here.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm all for moderating but I can't babysit everyone to not post links people obviously tend to post links more often plus it's not all that difficult to find a website to watch movies it's a simple search on Google.

Maybe I did search google but didn't find anything good and that's why I asked :)
Anyways never mind

Risk said:
Only because those sites are huge and they wanna protect them self, nothing bad is going to happen here.

It's not like I did anything overly clamping I don't know what you are on about with this.

MadaraUchiha said:
It's not like I did anything overly clamping I don't know what you are on about with this.

I don't really care I just through there might have been some new rules here or we needed to do it for advertisers sake since there are threads that list this stuff anyway plus its not normal for threads to get locked here.

Risk said:
I don't really care I just through there might have been some new rules here or we needed to do it for advertisers sake since there are threads that list this stuff anyway plus its not normal for threads to get locked here.

They are locking threads man.
It's better to not have illegal content man. If this site survives another 10 years it would be very big and it would difficult to control it, at that time

Back