Why do vampires like red outfits?

N

Nel

i saw two anime and in those two anime, the main characters are wearing red outfits.
why do you think the authors made them wear red?
because they remind people of blood?

That's usually a stereotype that has been created by Hollywood movies. Vampires are usually portrayed as elegant counts dressed in black and red clothes. It may have something to do with their attraction to blood, although I don't think any clear explanation has been given for their choice of colors so far.

alakazam said:
That's usually a stereotype that has been created by Hollywood movies. Vampires are usually portrayed as elegant counts dressed in black and red clothes. It may have something to do with their attraction to blood, although I don't think any clear explanation has been given for their choice of colors so far.

that certainly is what an old vampire is.
these days, vampires are flashy.

alakazam said:
250px-Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg

Vlad the Impaler wasn't even a vampire. His reputation came from being incredibly cruel and punishing people and slaves by impaling them on wooden spikes in front of his palace.

Well Sindar aid he was just the inspiration, not that he actually was a Vampire. :lol:

Sindar said:
Why would he have fangs, he is a human =)

Did people consider him as a vampire at some point?
I am talking about vampires in my first post.

Nel said:
Did people consider him as a vampire at some point?
I am talking about vampires in my first post.

Vlad the Impaler was the inspiration for Bram Stocker, the author of "Dracula" novel, which is where all the other vampire literature came from. So Vlad has a lot to do with how we perceive vampires now.

alakazam said:
Vlad the Impaler wasn't even a vampire. His reputation came from being incredibly cruel and punishing people and slaves by impaling them on wooden spikes in front of his palace.

Sindar said:
Vlad the Impaler was the inspiration for Bram Stocker, the author of "Dracula" novel, which is where all the other vampire literature came from. So Vlad has a lot to do with how we perceive vampires now.

He is not a vampire himself.
So, I don't really see your point.

you got me confused for a minute but thank you for explaining.

Daexto95 said:
In my opinion, Vampires are like Bulls. That's why they like Red-colored outfits so much :D

That's not correct and you know that too.
May be the red reminds them of blood.

BurnsyCEO said:
Next time I see a vampire I'll ask him.

Try to take garlic, wooden stake with you for protection.

Meet him during the day time.

Back