Which one do you prefer Desktop or Laptop ?

Desktop, but only for power and I can work on desktops for a long time and not having to worry if you've overcharged it.

I generally prefer desktops due to them being more robust than laptops, and are also generally more future proof. It's much easier to upgrade a desktop than it is to upgrade a laptop, plus it's harder to find a laptop with specs as good as a desktop for the same price.

Plus, there's the factor that laptops don't tend to last as long before having to be replaced, or repaired. Because people take their laptops everywhere with them, they get bashed around, and are moving a lot, so obviously they are going to break easier. Desktop's are generally just left in the same place, so they last longer.

boblincoin said:
Desktop since I mainly play games on it and it's easier to change parts or clean it as needed.

Signature advertising isn't allowed in OPF.
Would you mind editing the link in your signature?

In my honest opinion, Desktop PCs are in most of cases, the best computers, but also nowadays latest and best laptops have great built-in tech and work marvelously for most of things.
I say this despite I'm using laptops since 2009 and don't use Desktops any longer for so long time.

I prefer desktops. You never have to deal with the battery dying as they are always plugged in. They are much more powerful and faster than laptops.

I prefer a laptop, because I can turn it into a desktop when I'm stationed at home.
Can't turn a desktop into a laptop. (´・ω・`)

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='83944' dateline='1514070868']
I prefer a laptop, because I can turn it into a desktop when I'm stationed at home.
Can't turn a desktop into a laptop. (´・ω・`)
[/quote]

Are you talking about attaching a keyboard to laptop? Or something else entirely?

More like attaching a keyboard, mouse, and 2 MiniDisplayPort to HDMI screens to the laptop.
The only issue then is that all my USB ports are in use this way.

TechnicalSuwako said:
More like attaching a keyboard, mouse, and 2 MiniDisplayPort to HDMI screens to the laptop.
The only issue then is that all my USB ports are in use this way.

Cool. You get a while desktop experience that way. What's the name of your laptop?

My laptop is a MacBook Pro 13", 2015 model.
Screenshot%20at%202017-12-24%2021-58-38.png

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='83978' dateline='1514121578']

Apple is expensive to buy, but it'll remain stable for quite a long time in return.
For example, I bought an iMac (first Apple product I owned) in 2009, and it still runs smoothly with no issues of any kind.
On the contrary, each time I bought a Dell, Acer, ASUS, HP, etc., I had to buy a new one before the year was over.

And the Microsoft Surface line is really good too, but I didn't bother to buy a Surface Pro 4 (I only have a Surface Pro 3), because Linux is still not fully functioning on that one.
[/quote]

My laptop is a HP one. It worked for me for three years and the company said it's the lifetime of every laptop

3 years is not the lifetime of every laptop.
It depends on the hardware it uses, on the way it got assembled, the OS it's running on, and most importantly: what the user is doing with it.
I've had a 2004 laptop on which I ran Ubuntu since Ubuntu 6.06 LTS came out (it ran Debian before that), and it held on for 10 years.
I only don't think it'll be usable today if you work online, most websites and apps made with web technologies will be way too much for it.

[quote="TechnicalSuwako" pid='83984' dateline='1514122163']
3 years is not the lifetime of every laptop.
It depends on the hardware it uses, on the way it got assembled, the OS it's running on, and most importantly: what the user is doing with it.
I've had a 2004 laptop on which I ran Ubuntu since Ubuntu 6.06 LTS came out (it ran Debian before that), and it held on for 10 years.
I only don't think it'll be usable today if you work online, most websites and apps made with web technologies will be way too much for it.
[/quote]

I never knew that. I accepted that answer then. May be next time I would give them a piece of my mind

I prefer a laptop but acts like a desktop most of the time. Also, my laptop is like a mini Gamecube because I sometimes take it to school to play games with my boyfriend.

I prefer using my desktop most of the time but I usually go on my laptop late at night when I just want to relax in bed.

Risk said:
I prefer using my desktop most of the time but I usually go on my laptop late at night when I just want to relax in bed.

Do you have your own desktop and laptop? I have only desktop for myself and my younger brother uses it to play games sometimes.

KuranKaname said:
Do you have your own desktop and laptop? I have only desktop for myself and my younger brother uses it to play games sometimes.

Yes, I've always been a desktop user but I was given this laptop from my school and once we graduated we were allowed to keep them. Its a pretty decent laptop so I use it a fair bit.

Back