Where should I begin my Anime journey?

Burnsy said:
Most people I think get into anime from watching a slightly long show and getting to know and love the characters over a period of time so a lot of first animes for a lot of people is some shounen action/adventure anime like Dbz, naruto or pokemon. I think even though some anime are long when you get into them they're not a chore to watch. So I'll Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood for you. I decided that was the best starting anime I could think off a long time back and it hasn't really changed. Also made in abyss if you want something short.

but its got lots of bad and gory scenes
and grungie said it might not be for people who don't like that genres and may be because of shou tucker, it couldn't be a good idea.

[quote="Blackangel" pid='235118' dateline='1609922482']

but its got lots of bad and gory scenes
and grungie said it might not be for people who don't like that genres and may be because of shou tucker, it couldn't be a good idea.
[/quote]

It’s not THAT gory compared to some other shows.

[quote="Grungie" pid='235123' dateline='1609922608']

It’s not THAT gory compared to some other shows.
[/quote]

but for a new guy, wouldn't it be too much?
and if they are just 13 or 14, they might even get scared of anime completely.

[quote="Blackangel" pid='235124' dateline='1609922653']

but for a new guy, wouldn't it be too much?
and if they are just 13 or 14, they might even get scared of anime completely.
[/quote]

FMA is shonen, so they’re in the perfect age group.

I think you’re taking my gore comment too seriously. I was more talking about stuff like High School of the Dead and stuff like that. Actually, that show in general is too out there.

MadaraUchiha said:
Good starting anime IMO are Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the movie Your Name. They are simple and have a mass appeal and crowd pleasing elements.

Good variety, anyone who hasn't seen any anime before could enjoy at least one of these.

[quote="Grungie" pid='235128' dateline='1609923037']

FMA is shonen, so they’re in the perfect age group.

I think you’re taking my gore comment too seriously. I was more talking about stuff like High School of the Dead and stuff like that. Actually, that show in general is too out there.
[/quote]

sorry lol
and you are right. i was just thinking of hellsing a lot these days and thanks for clearing that up.

@Cumulus

As you see, even the mere act of wanting to recommend shows to people can get people fired up here. Just let us know which genres you like, and people here will trip over themselves to be helpful!

HannahCN said:
@Cumulus

As you see, even the mere act of wanting to recommend shows to people can get people fired up here. Just let us know which genres you like, and people here will trip over themselves to be helpful!

and i think he left.
this is so sad and here i thought finally we got a newbie in maf.

Back