What's the hardest boss you've fought in a video game?

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
Mine would be Isshin the sword saint from sekiro. It took 2 days for me to beat him and 50-100 deaths the first time. So hard that at least one gaming jounalist resorted to using cheats to beat him and posting about it publically and bad players asking for an easy mode. The only bosses in gaming that come close are other bossfights in sekiro.
Some honorable mentions go to the Gilded hunter in Code vein and the Gladiator in Doom eternal (On nightmare) and a bunch of persona 4 bosses when you're not over leveled.
[img=400x200]https://gamevoyagers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Isshin-Ashina-the-Sword-Saint.jpg[/img]

Some SMT bosses railed me pretty hard. I remember Cerberus in Digital Devil Saga demolished me because I didn't know the real strategy to fighting him.

Yeah some SMT bosses can be brutal lol. Fortune & Strength gave me a really tough time in P3 back when I played it for the first time and took me a couple of days to get past. On my next playthrough a few years later I beat them on the first go and pretty dang easily too, so the first time I must have struggled as a result of not knowing how to play properly - P3 was actually one of my first RPGs at all other than like KH2 and FFVII.

[quote="apathy" pid='239331' dateline='1612298008']
Yeah some SMT bosses can be brutal lol. Fortune & Strength gave me a really tough time in P3 back when I played it for the first time and took me a couple of days to get past. On my next playthrough a few years later I beat them on the first go and pretty dang easily too, so the first time I must have struggled as a result of not knowing how to play properly - P3 was actually one of my first RPGs at all other than like KH2 and FFVII.
[/quote]

What threw me off about Cerberus was that the boss fight was almost the reverse of how other RPG’s tend to have you do. In other games where you have a healer and a buffer with a boss, they want you to kill the healer, then the buffer, then finally go for the boss. With Cerberus, they straight up punish you for that. Oh he raises his attack power AND gives himself more turns because you killed his cronies? Sucks to suck player.

There's this game called Captain Claw and I decided to revisit it a couple of years back. It's a pretty difficult game without cheat codes so I activated the long jump cheat code alone. Every boss in it was quite brutal. The toughest was probably the last one.

Back