What O.S. are you using?

[quote="Grungie" pid='209864' dateline='1595867244']
You’re also missing the point. My point here, is you’re calling someone rich for buying a computer that costs less than yours. You have “reasons” to justify it, but they don’t. That’s why I also brought up the car comparison. That guy with a $45k BMW is only owning one to show off he can afford a BMW, but me owning $55k King Ranch isn’t flaunting.
[/quote]

i also don't know anything about cars, but in my opinion some people want performance getting the highest stuff is best way to do that most likely, min you'd need to spend depends on what you waant said thing for. an example would be my pc, i wanted some extra performance so i upgraded my old one to be able to multi-task easy enough for graphics and video editing and gaming course

Ace said:
i also don't know anything about cars, but in my opinion some people want performance getting the highest stuff is best way to do that most likely, min you'd need to spend depends on what you waant said thing for. an example would be my pc, i wanted some extra performance so i upgraded my old one to be able to multi-task easy enough for graphics and video editing and gaming course

[quote="Grungie" pid='209866' dateline='1595868348']
There’s different usages for computers and cars, so why is your reason more legitimate than the other person? The guy in the BMW wants the horsepower in the size of a sedan, but the truck driver wants similar horsepower in the size of a truck. A Ford isn’t a luxury brand, but the BMW is. Despite the price difference, so why is the expensive option not associated with a luxury brand the “admirable” option, but the cheaper luxury brand is solely for showing off.

You have to consider the nature of the operating systems at hand. Macs are more efficient at managing resources than Windows, so at comparable specs, they run better. There’s also specific applications where one operating system is more efficient than the other.

I like doing audio production, so having a computer with a nice GPU is really pointless. You can use that slot for a DSP accelerator, and a CPU that’s good at multicore. There’s also the color calibration on Mac monitors which are really good for their price. Gamers scoffed at their $6k monitor, but that’s actually a steal to what they’re actually competing against.
[/quote]

the talk of cars is confusing the hell outa me i personally don't enjoy cars.

and i didn't say you were wrong i just pointed out you don't need to pay more for more performance it just boils down to how long you want it to last, people can spend whatever and however much they want on whatever they want

Ace said:
the talk of cars is confusing the hell outa me i personally don't enjoy cars.

and i didn't say you were wrong i just pointed out you don't need to pay more for more performance it just boils down to how long you want it to last, people can spend whatever and however much they want on whatever they want

[quote="Grungie" pid='209862' dateline='1595866141']

Actually it still doesn’t, though that also shows your ignorance on the matter if all you’re focusing on is gaming this and gaming that when it has nothing to do with the matter. Gaming isn’t the only thing you need specific specs for.
[/quote]

I'm talking about gaming this and gaming that because you were the one talking about a "2400$ gaming PC" and you are now conveniently shifting goalposts.

MadaraUchiha said:
I'm talking about gaming this and gaming that because you were the one talking about a "2400$ gaming PC" and you are now conveniently shifting goalposts.

[quote="Grungie" pid='209870' dateline='1595870135']
Before you start flaunting logical fallacies, you should brush up on reading comprehension, because focusing on the gaming part of the gaming PC in that sentence is a relevance fallacy. The gaming part of the gaming PC is the adjective of the PC, not the noun.

You’re essentially reading a story about someone going out to buy cake, but ended up getting into a car accident. Most people would go and question whether the person is okay and the condition of the car. You’re focused on what kind of cake they bought.
[/quote]

hi grungie
i know you are knowledgeable and smart too. but people like me gets hurt when they are shot down even if they are in the wrong. i like talking to you a lot and your shojo hobby coincides with mine.

Blackangel said:
hi grungie
i know you are knowledgeable and smart too. but people like me gets hurt when they are shot down even if they are in the wrong. i like talking to you a lot and your shojo hobby coincides with mine.
I don't see what I did as exactly shooting down. I don't see what was considered as going too far, mentioning the reading comprehension part, or mentioning relevancy fallacy.

Grungie said:
I don't see what I did as exactly shooting down. I don't see what was considered as going too far, mentioning the reading comprehension part, or mentioning relevancy fallacy.

not that too.
you are being too straightforward. a usually shotdown person like me wouldn't mind(and you are not doing it deliberately too just the wording is a little too aggressive, if that makes sense) because i am used to people treating me like an idiot. but others would try to get defensive thinking that it shows just how little they know.

Blackangel said:
not that too.
you are being too straightforward. a usually shotdown person like me wouldn't mind(and you are not doing it deliberately too just the wording is a little too aggressive, if that makes sense) because i am used to people treating me like an idiot. but others would try to get defensive thinking that it shows just how little they know.
I tried the passive approach in the past, and that was never really successful at getting a point across. Being direct has consistently yielded more successful results for me, so that's why I stick to it. There are also certain personality types that are never going to get it unless you're very direct.

So I'd rather look like an ass, but have people understand what I'm saying rather than the opposite where people won't get it, but at least I was nice.

Grungie said:
I tried the passive approach in the past, and that was never really successful at getting a point across. Being direct has consistently yielded more successful results for me, so that's why I stick to it. There are also certain personality types that are never going to get it unless you're very direct.

So I'd rather look like an ass, but have people understand what I'm saying rather than the opposite where people won't get it, but at least I was nice.
i am sorry that you had to meet such people in the past.
people here usually need only passive approach and they can understand a lot more and even rinko thinks you got great knowledge and she is famous in yo with her theories and predictions and even her knowledge too. thank you for explaining this to me, even though you don't have to do that.
i am grateful for that.

Blackangel said:
i am sorry that you had to meet such people in the past.
people here usually need only passive approach and they can understand a lot more and even rinko thinks you got great knowledge and she is famous in yo with her theories and predictions and even her knowledge too. thank you for explaining this to me, even though you don't have to do that.
i am grateful for that.
I wouldn't say my knowledge is that great, I just have different knowledge. People here seem to have knowledge on specific series they like, while I technically have that, I know more about the overall hobby. If you look at it in that sense, it makes my knowledge stick out more.

Grungie said:
I wouldn't say my knowledge is that great, I just have different knowledge. People here seem to have knowledge on specific series they like, while I technically have that, I know more about the overall hobby. If you look at it in that sense, it makes my knowledge stick out more.

i do agree with that
not many people here find things about the authors other works or even the studio's other works or anything like that. you have got good knowledge when it comes to this.

Blackangel said:
i do agree with that
not many people here find things about the authors other works or even the studio's other works or anything like that. you have got good knowledge when it comes to this.
Tbh it's not that hard to find. If the author or studio's popular enough, it's on Wikipedia, or if it's slightly less popular MAL will have it.

Grungie said:
Tbh it's not that hard to find. If the author or studio's popular enough, it's on Wikipedia, or if it's slightly less popular MAL will have it.

yes i agree but we need to have that 'interest' to find out more about it
people here lack that and that includes me too. i don't find other works if it's not bl.

Blackangel said:
yes i agree but we need to have that 'interest' to find out more about it
people here lack that and that includes me too. i don't find other works if it's not bl.
Oh, so you're Narumi Momose from Wotakoi

Grungie said:
Oh, so you're Narumi Momose from Wotakoi

i will have to google that as well sometime
and i don't usually try to get more info at all and i wouldn't usually confront anyone with their theories unless when it comes to story.

I use Windows X also I started using vpn app for pc to protect my data online. I found cheap but effective one. It provides a high level of security, I think Internet privacy is a serious issue today.

I used Windows for most of my life but I've been using Linux since ~2017, or whenever DXVK first came out

Back