What O.S. are you using?

Daniel

What operating system are you currently using on your computer? On our main computers here at home we are using Windows 10 Pro on two of them and the third one is currently run macOS. There is a fourth laptop that is just sitting in the closet that I am thinking I will install a flavor of Linux onto...probably something newish that isn't as main stream as I know Ubuntu is pretty popular.

The majority of you are likely using Windows or macOS but I am curious to find out :)

Windows man.
Everyone likes it and I don't want to bother with other operating systems

my computer is a chromebook and it says it's running  chrome os...which is pretty annoying since I can't download a thing program wise

yep, sadly chromebooks are lockdown machines, strictly to whatever google allows.

I'm using windows 10 sadly.

Demon_skeith said:
yep, sadly chromebooks are lockdown machines, strictly to whatever google allows.

I'm using windows 10 sadly.

Wana switch? lol
I had windows 10 on my acer laptop but it's kinda malfunctioning really bad so I have to use this chromebook

I'm using Windows 10. I've never had a problem with this operating system so I wouldn't consider switching anytime soon. I love the User Interface too, which is also known as UI. It's easy to use and has all of the features that I would want.

I have one machine with Windows 10 installed on it. And another machine with Linux on it. So far it seems like a good routine for me. I have no need to get a mac. Because not only it is expensive but would be even more harder for me to maintain it. So Windows 10 and Linux it is for me.

Esmee said:
I have one machine with Windows 10 installed on it. And another machine with Linux on it. So far it seems like a good routine for me. I have no need to get a mac. Because not only it is expensive but would be even more harder for me to maintain it. So Windows 10 and Linux it is for me.

Blackrose said:
Wana switch? lol
I had windows 10 on my acer laptop but it's kinda malfunctioning really bad so I have to use this chromebook

most likely your hardware than software, Acer makes some crappy machines.

Demon_skeith said:
most likely your hardware than software, Acer makes some crappy machines.

Well I'm thinking about trying to recover it but it doesn't even wana read my usb to backup first..sooo frustrating

In that case the price is what concerns me the most. Like say apple is more costly than the Windows and the Linux machine. But yeah I see how some people like it.

Esmee said:
In that case the price is what concerns me the most. Like say apple is more costly than the Windows and the Linux machine. But yeah I see how some people like it.

gaming PC. I prefer consoles but playing games on a PC that supports 144 fps changes the way you view things.

MadaraUchiha said:
Yeah but... there's a reason why it's a gaming PC. I prefer consoles but playing games on a PC that supports 144 fps changes the way you view things.

[quote="Grungie" pid='209541' dateline='1595796753']
That’s completely irrelevant to what I was taking about.
[/quote]

How is it irrelevant? You can't play games on Mac so for people who want to play games that's just a waste of money since it's so expensive.

[quote="Grungie" pid='209857' dateline='1595858855']
My point is that they said a Mac is for rich people, but somehow a computer that costs significantly more than a Mac isn’t for rich people. That’s why your comment was irrelevant.

People make the same dumb comments about cars. Somehow this luxury car is only there for flaunting money, but my pickup or SUV that costs more than their car? No, that’s not showing off.
[/quote]

FYI you can get a great computer for the same price as a Mac that can play the latest games, graphically demanding games even. So that is of relevance.
The argument is not that "Mac is for rich people", it's that it's not worth the money you have to pay to get it.

[quote="MadaraUchiha" pid='209860' dateline='1595864079']

FYI you can get a great computer for the same price as a Mac that can play the latest games, graphically demanding games even. So that is of relevance.
The argument is not that "Mac is for rich people", it's that it's not worth the money you have to pay to get it.
[/quote]

Actually it still doesn’t, though that also shows your ignorance on the matter if all you’re focusing on is gaming this and gaming that when it has nothing to do with the matter. Gaming isn’t the only thing you need specific specs for.

[quote="Grungie" pid='209857' dateline='1595858855']
My point is that they said a Mac is for rich people, but somehow a computer that costs significantly more than a Mac isn’t for rich people. That’s why your comment was irrelevant.

People make the same dumb comments about cars. Somehow this luxury car is only there for flaunting money, but my pickup or SUV that costs more than their car? No, that’s not showing off.
[/quote]

i wasn't going to comment here cause i don't know much about mac's but

"but somehow a computer that costs significantly more than a Mac isn’t for rich people."

that right there is incorrect.

people spend more on PC's generalls cause they customize em to run at 100% for future proofing games or other taxing hardware.

For example i have a pc i spent 700USD (1000CAD) on that can run majority of the newish titles on high, before i owned this one i had a pc that cost 400USD (535CAD) that could run some new titles on low, so at some point it boils down to how much you want to future proof your machine or how much you want to customize it, to my knowledge mac's aren't customizable

Back