What kind of Internet do you have?

Jupiter Zero

So, do you use Dial Up, DSL, Satellite or wireless?

I think I know which one everyone is going to pick. Personally my parents used to use Dial up and I couldn't stand it because of how slow it was. I have DSL at home and I like it 100 times better.

I am using wireless! I used to think my internet was bad but I found out it was just my old laptop. The internet on my new laptop is lightning fast! I also love how my wireless internet reaches my laptop from all around the house.

50/50(50download,50upload) fiber optic. I use cable to the router because I have a desktop, but the router is also wireless and it's just as fast when you use a cable :D.

We have wireless and were using DSL. I love how fast the internet here is, especially for watching sports games online. You definitely could not watch sports games on dial up.

We have 75Mbps cable internet and I only use it hard wired though others here use the wireless. I find it to be way too slow when using Wifi.
Wow I haven't used dial up since 2000. Though I did game on dial up for about 5 years.

I have a DSL connection and the maximum speed i get for 8gb is 2Mbps and after that my speed goes to 512kpbs.

ADSL with wireless. Tempted to go fibre soon though as it's due to finally be activated in my area.

Jason said:
I have a DSL connection and the maximum speed i get for 8gb is 2Mbps and after that my speed goes to 512kpbs.

This has me curious. You have 8Gb and you only get 2Mb? That's a huge huge difference. And it goes down to 512Kb? Maybe you meant 8Mb?

We were wondering why our 75Mb was only running at 32Mb and it turned out our router is limited to 32Mb. So it wasn't the cable company it was our very old router causing the bottleneck. It's pretty old the router and I wanted to throw that out there as it's not usually the first thing you happen to think about when troubleshooting.

Yes my plan is an unlimited plan but once i used 8GB my 2Mbps downgrades to 512kbps till the end of the month.

I have a fiber optic connection with 300Mbps download and 300Mbps upload. All of my devices connect wirelessly however, and my laptop only gets about 45Mbps over Wifi b/g/n. I do have about 3 phones and an iPad that have Wifi ac, but I never tested the speed on them.

I have a cable connection. My download speed is capped at 150 mbps, and my upload speed is capped at 20 mbps.

We have super fast internet. I don't know all the technical information. All I know, it is alot faster compared to most homes in the UK. So we are pretty lucky!

Back