What is the first anime that you recommend to non-anime fans?

N

Nel

Some people approach me for recommendations to try out anime for the first time.
So, either I suggest them to watch death note or bleach.
What is the first anime that you recommend in such situations?

Daexto95 said:
If I talked to a non-anime fan, I would have recommended "Toradora" and "Naruto".

wouldn't peeps normally recommend cool anime like death note or code geass?

Sebastian said:
wouldn't peeps normally recommend cool anime like death note or code geass?

Yeah, but you forgot something: I'm not "those peeps" and then I won't do recommend Death Note or Code Geass.

Daexto95 said:
Yeah, but you forgot something: I'm not "those peeps" and then I won't do recommend Death Note or Code Geass.

but you need to make them see that anime are good my man xD
not all peeps like slow stuff.

Sebastian said:
but you need to make them see that anime are good my man xD
not all peeps like slow stuff.

He doesn't have either of those in his anime list...... Btw, I would certainly recommend both of them to non-anime fans.......

BurnsyCEO said:

you need to expand that my man.
not everyone knows fmab is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood xD
are you a fan of that anime?

Sebastian said:
you need to expand that my man.
not everyone knows fmab is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood xD
are you a fan of that anime?

Yeah of course. It has everything you'd want from a show to get people interested and shows what anime can be while not being weird. So people dont think us as weirdos.

It really depends on the person and what are they after. I'd ask what kind of genres they are into and go from there. Not everyone would enjoy the same recommendations.

Death Note was good to show a friend that not every anime was about exaggerated expressions and cutesy characters. He enjoyed it and it changed his opinion totally, realising that just like videogames, people just slap the kiddy tag without understanding the product and that it can offer a lot more.

ItachiSasuke said:
Why death note?
Why most of the people choose only death note?
Why not naruto or one piece?
Because Death Note is perfect for what you can call short and sweet.
It is the most thrilling anime plus it can make minds explode so people get into it and it will hit their interest in anime.

One Piece and Naruto or any other mainstream anime are too long for a head start. Well other than that as @Kaynil said it depends upon whom I am recommending to.
If it is someone who is into blood shed and romance, Mirai Nikki will do the trick. Someone who likes systematic, inspirational type of thing may go for Shingeki no Kyojin and so on...

ItachiSasuke said:
Why death note?
Why most of the people choose only death note?
Why not naruto or one piece?

Always better to recommend something short, as Mansi said, because, if people don't like that, they may drop it, and it may cloud their judgement about anime.... Moreover, there's more chance of people liking anime like Death Note, FMAB, Shingeki no Kyojin, Mirai Nikki, etc., than liking long shonen anime......

BurnsyCEO said:
Yeah of course. It has everything you'd want from a show to get people interested and shows what anime can be while not being weird. So people dont think us as weirdos.

it's got everything?
come on man that chimera thing is freaky.

magic? peeps are not into magic my man xD

Sebastian said:
it's got everything?

It's among the best anime of all time, in my opinion..... The only reason why I wouldn't recommend that to first-timers is because it's a bit long and a bit slow...... And, on what basis are you saying that people are not into magic?

Sebastian said:
it's got everything?

Whats your problem if people have an opinion?

MadaraUchiha said:
Always better to recommend something short, as Mansi said, because, if people don't like that, they may drop it, and it may cloud their judgement about anime.... Moreover, there's more chance of people liking anime like Death Note, FMAB, Shingeki no Kyojin, Mirai Nikki, etc., than liking long shonen anime......

A taste of what anime is like..
Most of the anime fans doesn't get what death note is about for the first time.

Mansi14 said:
Because Death Note is perfect for what you can call short and sweet.
It is the most thrilling anime plus it can make minds explode so people get into it and it will hit their interest in anime.

One Piece and Naruto or any other mainstream anime are too long for a head start. Well other than that as @Kaynil said it depends upon whom I am recommending to.
If it is someone who is into blood shed and romance, Mirai Nikki will do the trick. Someone who likes systematic, inspirational type of thing may go for Shingeki no Kyojin and so on...

Not everyone understand death note.
Kyojin is too bloody to make the first impression and so is mirai nikki

ItachiSasuke said:
A taste of what anime is like..
Most of the anime fans doesn't get what death note is about for the first time.

Not everyone understand death note.
Kyojin is too bloody to make the first impression and so is mirai nikki

Don't get what's so complex about Death Note..... It's quite simple, at least, in my opinion.......

Back