Upcoming anime of winter 2018 season

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2018/winter

Theres's no violet evergarden which I thought would be comming this season, so that sucks. There's no other series I plan to watch seeing the list except maybe Citrus. I'll give it a couple of episodes to see if I like it. Additionally there is a code geass movie!?  :what1: for some reason which I have to watch and an attack on titan movie which I'll watch if it's not another stupid recap movie.
What about you guys.

I don't have any plans but I didn't know that nanatsu no taizai is getting another season. I will be watching code Geass movie too.
May be bunguo stay dogs too

I'm gonna watch Overlord 2, Nanatsu no Taizai 2 among sequels. I'm gonna start and  finish Cardcaptor Sakura this month, and if I like it, I'll watch Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen too. I'll also watch Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan season 2(I watched like 20 episodes, and I don't want to exhaust it so I put it on hold) and ReLife: Kanketsu-hen(after finishing Relife).

Among new anime, I'm gonna watch Darling in the FranXX(since it's done by Trigger) and Violet Evergarden(KyoAni, plus that PV!).

By the way, that Violet Evergarden thing is a screw-up on MAL's part. If you look at the anime's page, it's given it's gonna start airing in Jan. Plus, all the PV's and trailers from KyoAni's official YouTube channel say so.

Really looking forward to Overlord season 2, kind of surprised to get more of the Basilisk anime though I may wait for the dub on that one.

No I meant I'm watching the first season of Saiki kusuo no Psi nan. It's 120 episodes long, each 5 minutes. There's also a 24 episode collection with each having 5 episodes. It's a gag series and is fast paced and funny.

Yeah, I remember Violet being listed for summer 2017 too.

are you making sure that the shonen ai things are removes? 6 lovers, koisuru shirokuma will be getting out too. many people are waiting for their release

MadaraUchiha said:
Plus, LWA was crowd-sourced, something rare for an industry which has really bad and archaic business practices.
Crowd funding is great in many ways. I hope it might be able to replace what independent OVAs used to do for the industry.

Sindar said:
Crowd funding is great in many ways. I hope it might be able to replace what independent OVAs used to do for the industry.

In Fall 2017, an anime called Dies Irae started airing, and it was also crowd funded. It had a target of 30 million yen and raised 96 million. Even though it had initial hype, episode '0' was apparently terrible and because of that, people stopped caring about it(I'm talking about Japan here). And, here, well, it has like a 5.5 on MAL.

MadaraUchiha said:
In Fall 2017, an anime called Dies Irae started airing, and it was also crowd funded. It had a target of 30 million yen and raised 96 million. Even though it had initial hype, episode '0' was apparently terrible and because of that, people stopped caring about it(I'm talking about Japan here). And, here, well, it has like a 5.5 on MAL.
That is gonna happen a lot. I think shorter format is the way to go for the crowdfunding projects. It makes no sense to me why tv anime needs to be crowdfunded in the first place. If I pay you to make an anime - why are you wasting my money on paying for booking a tv airing spot, that would be my first question for them. Feels to me like these guys were just abusing the crowdfunding to begin with.

Also people need to read script synopsis and check out the team background before supporting a project =) Crowdfunding is very appealing for every production, it is up to people to choose decent projects to support.

Sindar said:
That is gonna happen a lot. I think shorter format is the way to go for the crowdfunding projects. It makes no sense to me why tv anime needs to be crowdfunded in the first place. If I pay you to make an anime - why are you wasting my money on paying for booking a tv airing spot, that would be my first question for them. Feels to me like these guys were just abusing the crowdfunding to begin with.

Also people need to read script synopsis and check out the team background before supporting a project =) Crowdfunding is very appealing for every production, it is up to people to choose decent projects to support.

For now, I wanna watch Gurren Lagann because of its popularity, FLCL because people say it's ridiculous or something(plus it is getting two seasons next year), and Panty and stocking because it had one director for each episode and is unique, or so I heard.

MadaraUchiha said:
For now, I wanna watch Gurren Lagann because of its popularity, FLCL because people say it's ridiculous or something(plus it is getting two seasons next year), and Panty and stocking because it had one director for each episode and is unique, or so I heard.
The first two are pretty great, there are good reasons for their popularity =) They can also seem silly on the first glance, so watch out.

MadaraUchiha said:

Sindar said:
The first two are pretty great, there are good reasons for their popularity =) They can also seem silly on the first glance, so watch out.

Oh, I usually don't judge anime based on their initial episodes. I usually drop them at the halfway mark. Only if the first episode tells me that this anime is not for me and my tastes, I'll drop it. Like with Highschool DxD.
Plus, FLCL, is like 6 episodes, so I'll easily finish it.

Never said it was good, though. And, I didn't watch it.

MadaraUchiha said:
Oh, I usually don't judge anime based on their initial episodes. I usually drop them at the halfway mark. Only if the first episode tells me that this anime is not for me and my tastes, I'll drop it. Like with Highschool DxD.
Plus, FLCL, is like 6 episodes, so I'll easily finish it.

Back