Tokyo Ghoul

Shaurya said:
=)
By the way, I decided to read the manga (not the anime) after watching the last episode >. <
i know :D:p
I was gonna point that out but then i thought it was an mistake so let it be:D

NightBaron said:
well i agree the last episode especially the last scene with the music was pretty epic

but the manga has a lot more detail really
u know those 12 eps had almost 70 chaps worth of content and that is almost half the series
some things happened differently in the manga and there were some small extra things which added to each character
those things are missing
the manga is soooo dark as compared to the anime and with the censorship the anime really looses the epic status that the manga has imo

You made me curious too =) I've check up a few chapters, the ones where Tsukiyama fought Toka. The manga definitely does a good job portraying the fight, it didn't look bad in anime, but in manga it feels sharper and more dynamic (if that word makes sense when talking about static images =) ). I was expecting it to be totally gross with all the gore that they were censoring out in the anime. But no, it wasn't gross, I'd say for an adult manga it has normal level of violent and bloody scenes. Don't know if I will read the thing, not before the next season finishes anyway; but still, it is interesting =)

Sindar said:
You made me curious too =) I've check up a few chapters, the ones where Tsukiyama fought Toka. The manga definitely does a good job portraying the fight, it didn't look bad in anime, but in manga it feels sharper and more dynamic (if that word makes sense when talking about static images =) ). I was expecting it to be totally gross with all the gore that they were censoring out in the anime. But no, it wasn't gross, I'd say for an adult manga it has normal level of violent and bloody scenes. Don't know if I will read the thing, not before the next season finishes anyway; but still, it is interesting =)

the fights later on are also better imo
especially fights with kaneki
in the anime it seems he is mindlessly fighting just like any other person
but in the manga he thinks,analyzes and then attacks accordingly

NightBaron said:
the fights later on are also better imo
especially fights with kaneki
in the anime it seems he is mindlessly fighting just like any other person
but in the manga he thinks,analyzes and then attacks accordingly

Oh really o_O That sounds interesting, I didn't get this from the anime at all, I thought he was fighting like any other rookie would, relying on strength and chance =) And since they skipped a lot of chapters in the adaptation.... ah it is tempting to just read the thing from the beginning =) I wonder about characters too. Even in during this fight the way characters talk and behave was a little different.

Sindar said:
Oh really o_O That sounds interesting, I didn't get this from the anime at all, I thought he was fighting like any other rookie would, relying on strength and chance =) And since they skipped a lot of chapters in the adaptation.... ah it is tempting to just read the thing from the beginning =) I wonder about characters too. Even in during this fight the way characters talk and behave was a little different.

also remember the time when yomo and kaneki went to collect
at that time it was shown that yomo was praying before taking the meat while that happened in the manga,
I don't remember if it happened in the anime but in the manga yomo also said that he doesn't like this method
and only does it because the manager says so and that sometimes he himself just kills and eat

now this gives an extra dimension to yomo's character
in the anime he seems like some saint ghoul but actually its not like that

NightBaron said:
also remember the time when yomo and kaneki went to collect
at that time it was shown that yomo was praying before taking the meat while that happened in the manga,
I don't remember if it happened in the anime but in the manga yomo also said that he doesn't like this method
and only does it because the manager says so and that sometimes he himself just kills and eat

now this gives an extra dimension to yomo's character
in the anime he seems like some saint ghoul but actually its not like that

Yeah I can see that being him. In anime he is just a side character though, he didn't get any screen time to speak of. I think his back story will be revealed later, maybe in the next season =) If he has a back story in the manga that is o_O Him being strong and reserved, it kinda makes you suspect that he will play a big role at some point.

Sindar said:
Yeah I can see that being him. In anime he is just a side character though, he didn't get any screen time to speak of. I think his back story will be revealed later, maybe in the next season =) If he has a back story in the manga that is o_O Him being strong and reserved, it kinda makes you suspect that he will play a big role at some point.

well i'll leave it at that
i won't spoil more
though i just wanted to say that there many more minor things like that which give the manga more detail

NightBaron said:
well i'll leave it at that
i won't spoil more
though i just wanted to say that there many more minor things like that which give the manga more detail

Okay =)

NightBaron said:
exams

all the main ones are over now
it and maths left

Exams huh? I guess that one word is enough to say how your life is right now XDD

What does IT stand for?

MadaraUchiha said:
@[Shaurya]
Information Technology?

I know that -.- But he said that that only IT and Math exams are left. So I was wondering if IT is a shortcut for some course. Like how we call Design and Analysis of Algorithms course DAA.

Shaurya said:
MadaraUchiha said:
@[Shaurya]
Information Technology?

I know that -.- But he said that that only IT and Math exams are left. So I was wondering if IT is a shortcut for some course. Like how we call Design and Analysis of Algorithms course DAA.

Well, IT is not considered as a core subject in many schools...............

Shaurya said:
What language? *-*

I have java for this exam

and yeah
its a spoiler for anime watchers probably or not but anyway
tokyo ghoul manga has restarted but its more like a sequel
and its titled tokyo ghoul re
its first chater is out and available for reading, so enjoy
peace:D

NightBaron said:
I have java for this exam

and yeah