This incredible scene from Cyberpunk 2077

Burnsy

V.I.P. Member
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch it from 2:05 - 3:32. Set in Japan town, this opening scene of this particular mission is the most beautiful thing I think I've seen in a video game. From the music to the visuals, it has MAJOR ghost in the shell vibes.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='232368' dateline='1608275102']

Their loss. It's unplayable on the previous gen but it could still be enjoyed by the people with PS5s and whatever the next xbox is called. I think the game is great even with the bugs and numerous issues. But PC is faring the best anyway. The main storyline is so good I can overlook a lot.
[/quote]

Actually even the next gen consoles are playing it through backwards compatibility, just at 60FPS. And both next gen consoles are experiencing severe crashes.

From what I'm getting this seems like a good main/side quest game but the AI seems fundamentally broken, with police instantly spawning anywhere and NPCs being still polygons, along with a slew of other stuff that are missing that were present in older open world/RPG games.

MadaraUchiha said:
Actually even the next gen consoles are playing it through backwards compatibility, just at 60FPS. And both next gen consoles are experiencing severe crashes.

From what I'm getting this seems like a good main/side quest game but the AI seems fundamentally broken, with police instantly spawning anywhere and NPCs being still polygons, along with a slew of other stuff that are missing that were present in older open world/RPG games.

[quote="Burnsy" pid='232495' dateline='1608311607']

The police are so retarded they are not even programmed to drive cars. It's not broken, it's non existent. It's not even close to being an actual issue for me though.Not even the bugs everyone is complaining about. The fundamental lack of impressiveness of the city and the population along with the cutscenes looking really bad because of how janky they are are the main culprits. But sticking to the main story line does minimize it.
[/quote]

I don't know what happened because while I don't think the indie hidden gem Witcher 3 is the best game of the generation, in terms of story, characters and memorable quests, it was memorable and amazing. Though In terms of gameplay and combat I'd say it was serviceable at best.

Here it feels like they created this amazing city with great verticality and atmosphere but it looks like set dressing. By the way, apart from the surface level aesthetic and the cool gadgets, do the Cyberpunk setting and its themes come into play in a meaningful way?

It's definitely a great looking game and some of the scenes in that video certainly showcase this. I'm looking forward to giving it a proper bash in a couple weeks, I think there are still some improvements that can be done for Linux support so I'll wait a couple weeks for a better experience.

I also heard Sony pulling the game from the store. I don't think it's a really big issue, I can imagine tons of people asking for refunds so it's easier to just pull the game until the issues are fixed.

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't know what happened because while I don't think the indie hidden gem Witcher 3 is the best game of the generation, in terms of story, characters and memorable quests, it was memorable and amazing. Though In terms of gameplay and combat I'd say it was serviceable at best.

Here it feels like they created this amazing city with great verticality and atmosphere but it looks like set dressing. By the way, apart from the surface level aesthetic and the cool gadgets, do the Cyberpunk setting and its themes come into play in a meaningful way?

[quote="Burnsy" pid='232505' dateline='1608333696']

I didn't like witcher 3 enough to play more than a few hours till I ran into a bug that stopped me from progressing and then never played it again. Funnily it looks like the same might happen with Cp2077 too if I can't find a way to make it work.

I think the futuristic stuff comes into play about as much as watch dogs 1 or 2. In the missions and combat you can hack people, make them blind to sneak around,distract them by hacking nearby items or damage them.
[/quote]

Man, that's a bummer. I'm also hearing that this news has been all over mainstream media so there's that. At least the Cyberpunk subreddit is full of quality memes.

Demon_skeith said:
trailers have been doing that, leading to this massive hype fallout the game is stuck in right now.

If you only listen to the very vocal group who are whining about the game you would think that. Plenty of people are enjoying the game for what it is and not what could be.

Burnsy said:
If you only listen to the very vocal group who are whining about the game you would think that. Plenty of people are enjoying the game for what it is and not what could be.

They why is the game pulled from the PSN store? Sony, MS and bestbuy among other places offering full refunds for the game? (something very unheard of btw). Though I am aware it is playing well on stadia and PCs.

Demon_skeith said:
They why is the game pulled from the PSN store? Sony, MS and bestbuy among other places offering full refunds for the game? (something very unheard of btw). Though I am aware it is playing well on stadia and PCs.

Yeah I do think there's a good game underneath the issues people are having, I think it was probably rushed out to capitalize on the last big PS4/XBone Christmas sale.

Here's a little business logic for you, no company wants to give a refund, specially on a huge AAA game like this. Goes without saying the game is fantastic and fun looking from the footage I've seen, but there are certainly a lot of unhappy people with this to make places offer refunds. It's sad to say, but CDPR could seriously go under because of this.

Demon_skeith said:
Here's a little business logic for you, no company wants to give a refund, specially on a huge AAA game like this. Goes without saying the game is fantastic and fun looking from the footage I've seen, but there are certainly a lot of unhappy people with this to make places offer refunds. It's sad to say, but CDPR could seriously go under because of this.

Surprising, but that's good. They will need that money to cover the lawsuit

But then again, the bad publicity from this did hurt CDPR stock value, far above what the game cost.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37801/patch-1-2-list-of-changes

Major patch for the game. I went through it and it seems like a good start. People who were waiting for this game to be fixed can now start getting it. I don't believe this comes even close to covering everything however. On top of that this is just bug and weird interaction fixes. There isn't ANY additional content for people who just want to roam around the city and get the full nightcity experience.
If you are looking for that you might wanna wait like 2 more years based on the speed they're working.

Back