The Legend and the Hero

Ace

As Always with my simple reviews It's MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

NOTE AFTER WRITING REVIEW: IF YOU'RE NOT A FAN OF GORE I DON'T SUGGEST THIS MANGA, IT'S NOT HEAVY GORE BUT IT'S THERE.

NOTE AFTER POSTING: it's come to my attention that there is a sequel and I will post a review after I've read it.

Manga Name: The Legend and the Hero

Source: Manga Rock

Ranking: 363

Genre: Supernatural, Action, Martial Arts, Fantasy And Historical

Manga Description:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!

The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Opinion:

The art is absolutely STUNNING! Adding to the fact the entire manga is colored it add's to its beauty. The story is well written and is very satisfying, It's ending was both relieving and breathtaking.
The Character design and backgrounds were well done and leave nearly nothing to the imagination. If you love either the Genre's above or just love great art I highly suggest this manga.

Personally, since it ticks all the boxes for me
[x] Manga complete?
[x] Great Art?
[x] Stunning storyline?
[x] Fantastic Character design?

I rate it a 10/10

Artworks:

5e1f01fb8e5edad2611f8639d9ffb6f1.jpg

4e4274f9874b8c82b4ed1ede8c34324d.jpg

Facing off against god concept looks quite unique. I do like that concept after watching youjo senki.
I will try to read this as soon as possible

The really detailed art cover does give the series a rather good impression. I'll keep it in mind should I get some time to read it.

This is the first time I saw a manga with dragons. I will be reading this as I like dragons

KuranKaname said:
This is the first time I saw a manga with dragons. I will be reading this as I like dragons

There isn't actually any living dragons unfortunately I'm not even sure if there are any it's only in the artwork

Ace said:
There isn't actually any living dragons unfortunately I'm not even sure if there are any it's only in the artwork

But that cover for two dragons on is are they just for display? I wanted to read something about the dragons

At first glance i thought this is from Tony Wong but it is not, i think that this is a good stuff, i'll dive on it

Uuuu a new complete manga I can get into! Thanks for the review, I find your personal boxes to be very good, and I use them myself for rating anime and mangas sometimes :D

I don't mind having some gore content. Unless it is too extreme. Such kinda dynastic stories are my fav. Hope to have a read.

Back