Sword Art Online like Anime suggestions

Daniel

Of any Anime I have watched in the past I have enjoyed Sword Art Online the most because of it's Virtual reality story that it took on. It perplexed me where I binge watched multiple episodes at a time.

I am hoping to find another anime that is similar.

Watch Log Horizon if you want a game that actually explores the mechanics of an MMORPG with great characters and writing. 
Other suggestions would be No Game No Life, KonoSuba, Re: Zero, Overlord Season 1.
All infinitely better than SAO.

I looked up a few of these and it looks like the one I might be most interested in is Log Horizon. Thank you for your suggestions :)

Daniel said:
I looked up a few of these and it looks like the one I might be most interested in is Log Horizon. Thank you for your suggestions :)

Log Horizon is technically the most similar to SAO, but the others along with these two collectively belong to a genre called Isekai(or Another World), which is something recent and popularized by SAO.

BurnsyCEO said:
Wasn't there a gun gale online too? Sounds the most similar.

Aah yes it's the spin-off series of SAO, based on the MMORPG that appears in season 2. It's legit good though, unlike SAO. Great action, good characters, definitely worth a watch. I believe it's called SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online.

Hack sign is also a good anime that has isekai concept.
If anything, it might be even better than Sword art online anime.

You got your answer man.
Try log horizon then you could ask for more. It has two seasons and you wouldn't get bored of it easily.

Nameless said:
You got your answer man.
Try log horizon then you could ask for more. It has two seasons and you wouldn't get bored of it easily.

that second season didn't get much rating among some folks but first season is very good.
ask people to watch the first season but don't vouch for the second season

Back