Survival anime vs horror anime

Kaname

V.I.P. Member
Do you like survival anime more or do you vote for the horror anime with ghosts and ghouls? They are similar but not the same. Both are exciting in different ways

I haven't really watched a proper horror anime to be honest. The only one that comes somewhat close is Another.
I have watched tons of survival anime though, like Btooom, Mirai Nikki and Higashi no Eden. I liked all three.
Higurashi is both horror in some ways and survival in other ways, and it's one of my favourite anime of all time.

Anime isn't really scary so pure horror anime isn't really a thing. So anything with good tension and story with horror elements is something I enjoy.

Horror anime.. Probably hell girl for me.. Both survival and horror go hand in hand in many animes.. 
I wanna see Requiem of the phantom which I discontinued a long ago time.. Also, psycho pass..

[quote="Sase" pid='103312' dateline='1534163374']
Horror anime.. Probably hell girl for me.. Both survival and horror go hand in hand in many animes.. 
I wanna see Requiem of the phantom which I discontinued a long ago time.. Also, psycho pass..
[/quote]

didn't you watch tokyo ghoul? it's a horror anime. survival anime are rare.

[quote="Sase" pid='103320' dateline='1534164086']

TG is a horror? I honestly dont consider it as a horror anime in the slightest.. Not much gory.. Its a physiological shit filled with action and tragedy.. Thats all. 
And there are quite a few survival animes.... Like Requiem of phantom, Re zero, Mirai nikki, Berserk, DN, code geass, Dangan Ronpa, Another, The lost village, Higurashi.... The list is big in fact
[/quote]

i remember seeing horror tag to it but i am not certain. just checked it had a horror tag genre for it in my anime list. how is death note a survival anime?

SecretWish said:
i remember seeing horror tag to it but i am not certain. just checked it had a horror tag genre for it in my anime list. how is death note a survival anime?

[quote="Sase" pid='103324' dateline='1534164806']

It has a horror tag, yes. But to me , I feel like there aint no horror element present.
And how is DN not a survival anime? Kira was cornered by L and basically for him, it was all about survival.. Same goes for L , M and N. 

Who would best who... Thats the crux of the anime.
[/quote]

cutting up people is horror to me but i like it. in death note, there is a way between kira and l. it's not survival that everyone has to betray others and try to live

SecretWish said:
cutting up people is horror to me but i like it. in death note, there is a way between kira and l. it's not survival that everyone has to betray others and try to live

There are many survival anime.
I have watched btoom which is a survival anime, another is another good example for it. Even shiki comes into that category as well. If you look at it in a broader view, even Tokyo ghoul can be called as a survival anime too.

Star_Of_Hope said:
There are many survival anime.
I have watched btoom which is a survival anime, another is another good example for it. Even shiki comes into that category as well. If you look at it in a broader view, even Tokyo ghoul can be called as a survival anime too.

Indeed Taara.. Btooom season2 aint gonna come.. Is it..AOT, SAO, Fate/ stay night is also a good example

Sase said:
Its a survival game as to who Will win the holy grail..

For me it looks like a goal.
Without that, they are not dead literally. They are all well aware of the conditions beforehand

Interesting conversation. I didn't think this thread would get replies. I thought it was silly after I posted it and I can't explain it very well even now. I am so happy that everyone got my post

I have not watched many horror animes, but I do enjoy the survival ones as they can get pretty exciting like btoom.

[quote="Sase" pid='103332' dateline='1534169391']

Huh? What do ya mean? Kira had to kill innocents cause they were an obstruction to his goals.. He killed ppl who targeted him in order to "survive".
Same went for L , but he knew somehow that he was gonna die.. 
And horror to me is that which gives creepy vibes.. Killing in a psychotic way.. A twisted brutal murder added with a "no reason behind it" kinda vibe would be a horror for me.. 

Have you read a manhwa called bastard? Its so freaking awesome! One of the best physcho thriller manhwa ...
[/quote]

i didn't think of it as a survival game. it's a killing game but in survival have, wouldn't everyone try to survive unlike l. i don't know the manhwa. is it a survival manga too?

SecretWish said:
i didn't think of it as a survival game. it's a killing game but in survival have, wouldn't everyone try to survive unlike l. i don't know the manhwa. is it a survival manga too?

The title is survival VS horror anime .. There is no "game" mentioned .. Hope ya got my point.. Even then, that was a game to kira if ya think about it..
And survival is just the instinct to live even if it means to kill another being..
Thats why almost most of the animes ik of fits in this category.. Ya know by the examples I mentioned earlier

And the manga is irrelevant to title ... Its just one of the best physcho thriller manhwas

Star_Of_Hope said:
For me it looks like a goal.
Without that, they are not dead literally. They are all well aware of the conditions beforehand

Umm.. Hmm :).

Sase said:
The title is survival VS horror anime .. There is no "game" mentioned .. Hope ya got my point.. Even then, that was a game to kira if ya think about it..
And survival is just the instinct to live even if it means to kill another being..
Thats why almost most of the animes ik of fits in this category.. Ya know by the examples I mentioned earlier

And the manga is irrelevant to title ... Its just one of the best physcho thriller manhwas

Umm.. Hmm :).

many survival anime have games involved. death parade, btoom, mirai nikki, you can take your pick. some twisted fucker want people to kill each other for fucking laughs.
i will read that bastard. the title is not catchy for me

Back