Steins;Gate 0 Episode 2 Discussion

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Looks like the series is gonna be somewhat different from the original in terms of how it handles the plot. It's kinda nice, and also sad to see Okabe worked up and defend Kurisu. And, they are really playing up the trauma factor and her loss in this series, and it looks like it's building up to an emotional breakdown scene.
And, Amadeus was pretty cool too. We also got to see shades of the Hohououin Kyouma when he tried to call out Amadeus as 'Christina'. I wonder where those monthly reports of his interactions with Amadeus are gonna go. 
But, the most important thing: OP and ED. I thought the OP was very good, and the ED was slightly better. But, the OP is still a far-cry from Hacking to the Gate, the OP of the original series. That's one of my favourites of all time.

What did you think of the episode, Opening and Ending song?

SecretWish said:
i assumed that it was a special
i didn't expect it to be a series. that's a shocker for me

Full series with 23 episodes and one unaired episode. Absolutely brilliant so far.

MadaraUchiha said:
Full series with 23 episodes and one unaired episode. Absolutely brilliant so far.

I want anything that makes her act like walking up in a computer isn't completely normal.

Star_Of_Hope said:
I guess I didn't make it clear enough. I came to know that this would be having an alternative ending. That's why I was hoping this series would be good.

Didn't you like the ending of the original? The original also received an OVA episode that serves as an epilogue and gives closure to every character.

MadaraUchiha said:
Didn't you like the ending of the original? The original also received an OVA episode that serves as an epilogue and gives closure to every character.

Well, not really. I expected something more. Way more than the ending had to offer.
My expectations were really high

Star_Of_Hope said:
Well, not really. I expected something more. Way more than the ending had to offer.
My expectations were really high

What did you not like and what did you expect?

She's from the future so she obviously can't meddle a lot. Okabe is from that specific time period, plus he loves Kurisu, so it's him who should save her.

MadaraUchiha said:
She's from the future so she obviously can't meddle a lot. Okabe is from that specific time period, plus he loves Kurisu, so it's him who should save her.

Indeed but she should have given some important role.
Well, this is just my opinion.

Star_Of_Hope said:
Indeed but she should have given some important role.
Well, this is just my opinion.

Her role was important enough. She saved them when SERN attacked them, and she was there with him the whole time, when he tried to save both Mayuri and Kurisu.

MadaraUchiha said:
Her role was important enough. She saved them when SERN attacked them, and she was there with him the whole time, when he tried to save both Mayuri and Kurisu.
In my view, she was there just to get them the time machine and nothing more.
I don't remember her actually doing anything heroic

MadaraUchiha said:

i don't really think it is special but it's good and not a boring sappy romance anime alone

SecretWish said:
i don't really think it is special but it's good and not a boring sappy romance anime alone

The original is in my top 5, and this is almost equally good so it is special to me.

MadaraUchiha said:
The original is in my top 5, and this is almost equally good so it is special to me.

at first i thought the other girl who is a childhood friends would become his gf but i am wrong and i like that i am wrong

Back