Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR STEINS GATE!!
AND, SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1!!https://myanimelist.net/anime/32188/Steins_Gate__Kyoukaimenjou_no_Missing_Link_-_Divide_By_Zerohttps://myanimelist.net/anime/30484/Steins_Gate_0

Poster:
77633.jpg

Trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I loved the first season so much and just from watching the first episode of this season its got me so excited for what is yet to come.

Risk said:
I loved the first season so much and just from watching the first episode of this season its got me so excited for what is yet to come.

I watched this one and HeroAca season 3 back to back so I really get what you mean.

Haven't watched this yet, just like to know that the same spirit and charm the first series/movie had is in this one as well?

Demon_skeith said:
Haven't watched this yet, just like to know that the same spirit and charm the first series/movie had is in this one as well?

With the exception of a PTSD-ridden Okabe, yes.

i thought of watching it today but changed my mind at the last minute and watched spirit pace instead. i will watch it probably next weekend. there are people who said they are disappointed with this a lot

I was mostly confused and annoyed watching this. Never saw that alternate ending, don't remember who the fuck yuki is, why is suzuha just randomly here in this timeline chilling? Didn't she go back at some point. Okabe's and haru's voices are so different. I feel like even if I watch the alternate ending now I would feel the same dissonance because it's been like 6 years since I finished steins gate and never rewatched it.

BurnsyCEO said:
I was mostly confused and annoyed watching this. Never saw that alternate ending, don't remember who the fuck yuki is, why is suzuha just randomly here in this timeline chilling? Didn't she go back at some point. Okabe's and haru's voices are so different. I feel like even if I watch the alternate ending now I would feel the same dissonance because it's been like 6 years since I finished steins gate and never rewatched it.
Suzuha is here to convince Okabe to go back and save Kurisu so that World War III won't happen in 2036. He fails to do that, watches Kurisu get killed and becomes traumatised. Since he watched Mayuri die over and over again, he gets PTSD flashbacks and is adamant that he won't go back again to try because he says he'll fail. So as a result of that, he's sort of become a normal guy now, and so he doesn't have that really hyper voice. And, that's why Suzuha is staying back, because the future she's in is a dystopia and there's no point going there.

MadaraUchiha said:
Suzuha is here to convince Okabe to go back and save Kurisu so that World War III won't happen in 2036. He fails to do that, watches Kurisu get killed and becomes traumatised. Since he watched Mayuri die over and over again, he gets PTSD flashbacks and is adamant that he won't go back again to try because he says he'll fail. So as a result of that, he's sort of become a normal guy now, and so he doesn't have that really hyper voice. And, that's why Suzuha is staying back, because the future she's in is a dystopia and there's no point going there.

Ah so I should have watched it. Well that makes the episode a lot better in my eyes. Also kurisu worked on the AI thing before the events of steins;gate right?

BurnsyCEO said:
Ah so I should have watched it. Well that makes the episode a lot better in my eyes. Also kurisu worked on the AI thing before the events of steins;gate right?

Yes, that's how Okabe met her in the first place during that conference in the 2nd episode I guess when he gets shut down by her. They should have gone with some kind of a recap. Even in MAL, the numbers for Steins Gate 0 is like more than the double the numbers for that alternate ending episode.

Demon_skeith said:
That's all I needed to know, I'll pre-order this once the dub comes out here in the states.

Don't forget to watch the alternate ending episode. Episode 1 doesn't recap anything so you may feel like you are left out of the loop.

MadaraUchiha said:
Don't forget to watch the alternate ending episode. Episode 1 doesn't recap anything so you may feel like you are left out of the loop.

Is the alt ending episode a separate ova or something? I did get the entire series from funimation.

Back