Star Wars Rogue One Movie Review

MadaraUchiha

Akatsuki
Staff member
Rogue One-A Star Wars Story Movie Review

Plot:Disclaimer:
I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, I loved The Empire Strikes Back and The Force Awakens, I liked Return of the Jedi and Star Wars(i.e., A New Hope), and I didn't like the prequels.

Pro's:
The Third Act, mostly. It's epic.
The batlle sequences.
The characters were funny.
K-2SO, the droid in the movie.
Jyn Erso, the main character, played by Felicity Jones, to some extent.
The acting was good.
The CGI was phenomenal, except when it came to motion capture.
The Darth Vader scenes.

Con's:
The first act(or even the first half) was okay-ish, and kind of choppy.
I didn't give a damn about the characters, because they weren't established very well, except say Jyn Erso, the protagonist.
The motion capture was sub-par.
The movie was predictable, to some extent.

Verdict:
Overall, I'd give this 7.5/10. It's a very good movie with great action sequences, and good dialogues.

PS: Watch Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope before watching this movie, because this takes place right before that......

Star wars. I don't know what people see in it but I never liked it. Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though. This new one ..is it better than the previous one?

Nel said:
Star wars. I don't know what people see in it but I never liked it. Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though. This new one ..is it better than the previous one?

"Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though"
I never said anything like that.....

As far as Star Wars is concerned, even I don't particularly love it.... But, it's a multigenerational thing, it became a huge thing during the 80's and people passed it on.....
Previous one, as in Episode VII: The Force Awakens, that come out in 2015? No.... By the way, this movie has no connection with that one..... This is a prequel to the first Star Wars movie that came out in 1977.....

MadaraUchiha said:
"Hero turning to villan is a good plot twist though"
I never said anything like that.....

As far as Star Wars is concerned, even I don't particularly love it.... But, it's a multigenerational thing, it became a huge thing during the 80's and people passed it on.....
Previous one, as in Episode VII: The Force Awakens, that come out in 2015? No.... By the way, this movie has no connection with that one..... This is a prequel to the first Star Wars movie that came out in 1977.....

I was talking about general plot twist of star wars. A prequel sounds Boeing after all this time

Nel said:
I was talking about general plot twist of star wars. A prequel sounds Boeing after all this time

I see..... Well, the movie is not boring, and I guess you can't judge it without waching it.... And, it's getting positive reviews and making a ton of money.....

MadaraUchiha said:
I see..... Well, the movie is not boring, and I guess you can't judge it without waching it.... And, it's getting positive reviews and making a ton of money.....

Then I will give it a try. MadaraUchiha I got another drama recommendation for you if you want

Star Wars has always been one of my favourite films and this simply topped my charts :p The film, I feel, did an amazing jon at linking Episode 3 and Episode 4 and really did show the construction of the Death Star and the raise of the Empire. Really great job.

My favourite scene of Princess Leia is by far the best in the film :D It set the scene perfectly for Episode 4 which follows this film directly after.

All in all, the best Star Wars film yet :D

SolarFlare said:
Star Wars has always been one of my favourite films and this simply topped my charts :p The film, I feel, did an amazing jon at linking Episode 3 and Episode 4 and really did show the construction of the Death Star and the raise of the Empire. Really great job.

My favourite scene of Princess Leia is by far the best in the film :D It set the scene perfectly for Episode 4 which follows this film directly after.

I don't like star wars a bit and believe that it's totally overrated

SolarFlare said:

I see, well, my opinion of the film has worsened as each day passed..... It's a good movie, but, nothing spectacular...... And, you didn't find the CGI version of Leia weird? Even Tarkin's digital version was fine, but her version was pretty bad.....

I absolutely loved this movie. It was different, and a bit darker than the normal movies. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I also loved the previous movies.

And I was also hyped about seeing "Mads Mikkelsen", that played the father(Galen Erso) of Jyn Erse. He is an excellent actor, and I absolutely love him. Even though he didn't play a huge part, I am still a little disappointed, that he didn't get that much screen time. He also played the villain in Dr. Strange, which I haven't seen yet.

Other than that, I would rate the movie 8/10. I am not picky when it comes to movies, if I liked it, I liked it, if I didn't, I didn't.

@ak said:
I absolutely loved this movie. It was different, and a bit darker than the normal movies. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I also loved the previous movies.

And I was also hyped about seeing "Mads Mikkelsen", that played the father(Galen Erso) of Jyn Erse. He is an excellent actor, and I absolutely love him. Even though he didn't play a huge part, I am still a little disappointed, that he didn't get that much screen time. He also played the villain in Dr. Strange, which I haven't seen yet.

Other than that, I would rate the movie 8/10. I am not picky when it comes to movies, if I liked it, I liked it, if I didn't, I didn't.
I liked it, too, just not as much as other movies I saw this year..... As far as Doctor Strange is concerned, I have posted a review of it, if you want to check it out:
http://animemangaforum.com/thread-12275.html
Also, if at all it's playing in theatres where you live, you have to see it in 3D...... I generally don't ask others to do it as I am not a fan of it myself, but, this was absolutely worth the watch in the format.....

MadaraUchiha said:
I liked it, too, just not as much as other movies I saw this year..... As far as Doctor Strange is concerned, I have posted a review of it, if you want to check it out:
Also, if at all it's playing in theatres where you live, you have to see it in 3D...... I generally don't ask others to do it as I am not a fan of it myself, but, this was absolutely worth the watch in the format.....

Do you watch 3 D movies often madarauchiha?
What about 3D anime?

Nel said:
Do you watch 3 D movies often madarauchiha?
What about 3D anime?

I don't like watching movies in 3D, but, the problem is, the theatre I like the most plays most blockbuster or big-budget Hollywood movies

MadaraUchiha said:
You don't like them Bro ? How come? Are you into anime only?

Sebastian said:
You don't like them Bro ? How come? Are you into anime only?
I said I don't like watching movies in 3D, and anime too..... I don't like 3D at all, because I get head-aches and everything especially if it's not done well..... And, "are you into. anime only?", what does that mean?
And, welcome back......

MadaraUchiha said:
I said I don't like watching movies in 3D, and anime too..... I don't like 3D at all, because I get head-aches and everything especially if it's not done well..... And, "are you into. anime only?", what does that mean?
And, welcome back......

It's nothing more than a cash-grab, in my opinion.......
And shows, I've been watching One Piece, and nothing else...... I put Fairy Tail on-hold(watched it till episode 74, I think), and I'll resume it soon..... Right now, apart from that common anime we are all going to watch(I hope you do too) next month, I'm going to watch Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki movies.....

MadaraUchiha said:
I don't like watching movies in 3D, but, the problem is, the theatre I like the most plays most blockbuster or big-budget Hollywood movies

Have you watched finding nemo in 3D and it's good. 3d got a charm

Nel said:
Have you watched finding nemo in 3D and it's good. 3d got a charm

I was like 5 when that movie came out so, I don't think I remember if I even watched it..... It's just that, in my whole life time, I've seen 5-6 movies where the 3D made a positive impact on the movie, and other than that it's a way for studios to make money.....

MadaraUchiha said:
I was like 5 when that movie came out so, I don't think I remember if I even watched it..... It's just that, in my whole life time, I've seen 5-6 movies where the 3D made a positive impact on the movie, and other than that it's a way for studios to make money.....

3D movies, should be covered in theaters with 3d glasses. Only then, anyone can appreciate the charm in those movies.
I would recommend you to watch a 3D movie in a theater with glasses.

Back