Smart Homes; The future?

Cumulus

What's everyone thoughts on the rollout of more Smart Home technology such as Amazon Alexa, Facebook's Portal and so-on? Being able to control things like lights and equipment with voice-assistants, or having a portal that tracks your movement to keep you in frame is unreal! Coupled with some of the smart-kitchen tools coming out and it's incredible the power of the future 'smart-home'

What's your thoughts on the technology, and will they soon replace traditional home items?

I have Alexa in my house but it's turned off unless i listen to music through it. I kinda believe that everything is listening. I was talking about Penny boards once and i've never searched for them but i started getting ads for them haha

i Think it's only a matter of time before we stop having switches and what not and everything is just smart

gemxtria said:
I have Alexa in my house but it's turned off unless i listen to music through it. I kinda believe that everything is listening. I was talking about Penny boards once and i've never searched for them but i started getting ads for them haha

i Think it's only a matter of time before we stop having switches and what not and everything is just smart

That's kinda creepy, tbh.

I dont think these technologies are so great. I constantly hear my parents practically arguing with Alexa or Google because the device just doesnt understand what they're saying. In the time it takes the device to understand their request, they could have just done it themselves. So I don't really bother with them myself.

nothing much lol
but you are right and they are our future and nothing more and i am sure they are all expensive

I'm against it, mostly for the voice recording stuff that goes on. Though hacking would be a huge issue as well.

Demon_skeith said:
I'm against it, mostly for the voice recording stuff that goes on. Though hacking would be a huge issue as well.

that's true lol
i am sure it's all possible with voice changing and all. i am sure it's easy to do that

Blackangel said:
that's true lol
i am sure it's all possible with voice changing and all. i am sure it's easy to do that

more like straight up hacking, there have been people already held for ransom for people hacking into their smart thermostat.

We don't even have a cell phone lol My husband has a tracfone ONLY because phone booths are few & far between. Smart appliances, IMO, make humans lazy. It irks me when I hear "Alexa, remind me to record..." Just get out pen & paper & do it yourself :) There's also the lack of security for hacking. Even when you turn them off, they can turn themselves back on & record what you are saying. That then is listened to by bigwig corporations.

We're simply on tech advancement i can't be surprise thou, seeing more advanced technology doing some tasks smartly and expertly.

Smart homes are definitely here to stay for sure. There are so many different devices now that allow you to run things in your own home with a simple voice command and even the ability to protect your home with a camera or even the ring doorbell now.

Many people are still sceptical about smart devices but I will admit when you think about how much they can help someone protect their home or even help someone who is disabled or elderly who is not able to move around as much as we are and may need help, it makes sense that it is becoming more popular now.

Back