Seirei no Moribito, final thoughts

Well, it's safe to say that the number of 'good anime'(the definition of that is subjective) is far lesser than the 'not-so-good ones', but, that's the case for other media, be it books or movies or television. But, you know, the density in 2007 was higher than any other year I could think of.
You've seen any of the anime you mentioned? I've heard of Blood+ and Mushishi, and I want to watch Mushishi, it's just that I'm not able to get a sense of what the hell that anime is about.

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, it's safe to say that the number of 'good anime'(the definition of that is subjective) is far lesser than the 'not-so-good ones', but, that's the case for other media, be it books or movies or television. But, you know, the density in 2007 was higher than any other year I could think of.
You've seen any of the anime you mentioned? I've heard of Blood+ and Mushishi, and I want to watch Mushishi, it's just that I'm not able to get a sense of what the hell that anime is about.

Sorry to intrude but I have seen blood + and some episodes of mushishi. Both of them are overrated. You will get bored and tired of them easily.

MadaraUchiha said:
Shaurya's post on Mushishi if you want, all I know about that anime comes from it xD

Nel said:
Sorry to intrude but I have seen blood + and some episodes of mushishi. Both of them are overrated. You will get bored and tired of them easily.
Just to clarify, do you find slice of life in general to be boring?

Sindar said:
Shaurya's post on Mushishi if you want, all I know about that anime comes from it xD
Didn't know she posted a review. Anyway, thanks.

MadaraUchiha said:
Just to clarify, do you find slice of life in general to be boring?

Didn't know she posted a review. Anyway, thanks.

I think so. I did liked clannad season 2 with ushio and she is cute. But in general I think they are boring with nothing to offer except for some romance, broken hearts, tears and nothing.

Nel said:
I think so. I did liked clannad season 2 with ushio and she is cute. But in general I think they are boring with nothing to offer except for some romance, broken hearts, tears and nothing.
I see. I think Clannad and clannad after-story are 'fine' at best, but I really like slice of life. To me, it acts as a change of pace after I finish a grand, exciting, suspenseful or thrilling anime.

MadaraUchiha said:
I see. I think Clannad and clannad after-story are 'fine' at best, but I really like slice of life. To me, it acts as a change of pace after I finish a grand, exciting, suspenseful or thrilling anime.

What's the best slice of Life according to you?

Nel said:
What's the best slice of Life according to you?
Bakuman. It's written by the same guy as Death Note and is about two boys and a girl trying to become big in the manga/anime industry, and them meeting other people with the same aim, etc. It's a truly excellent anime.

MadaraUchiha said:
Bakuman. It's written by the same guy as Death Note and is about two boys and a girl trying to become big in the manga/anime industry, and them meeting other people with the same aim, etc. It's a truly excellent anime.

Bakuman? i got it confused with barakamon. They should seriously find unique names.
How would you rate it?

Nel said:
Bakuman? i got it confused with barakamon. They should seriously find unique names.
How would you rate it?
Bakuman is older than Barakamon, so you can't really fault it. I'd give it an average score of 8.5, with season 1 and 2 getting 8.6 and 8.4 respectively. Season 3 would get 9.

MadaraUchiha said:
Bakuman is older than Barakamon, so you can't really fault it. I'd give it an average score of 8.5, with season 1 and 2 getting 8.6 and 8.4 respectively. Season 3 would get 9.

i didn't know that?
is it similar to digimon and pokemon?

Nahako, the author of this series, is known for her writing. I thought of getting a copy of the series but they are expensive and not all of them are translated. i wish i could listen to the radio drama, but i don't have the privileges. i like this anime. deserves better than a 8

KuranKaname said:
Nahako, the author of this series, is known for her writing. I thought of getting a copy of the series but they are expensive and not all of them are translated. i wish i could listen to the radio drama, but i don't have the privileges. i like this anime. deserves better than a 8

is there any other series Nahako wrote that is worth checking out?

Back