Securing Zero-Post accounts: Make One Post

I am glad that I have already secured my account. I never knew a forum deleting accounts before.

Alien said:
I am glad that I have already secured my account. I never knew a forum deleting accounts before.

We had to deal with 30k spam accounts before. We did try to not to delete them but later we gave up on that idea. We just delete the spam users who zero post count, accounts alike.

Star_Of_Hope said:
We had to deal with 30k spam accounts before. We did try to not to delete them but later we gave up on that idea. We just delete the spam users who zero post count, accounts alike.

I am not aware of that and I humbly apologize for jumping to conclusions. I completely understand the plight that you were in to take such a decision.

Alien said:
I am not aware of that and I humbly apologize for jumping to conclusions. I completely understand the plight that you were in to take such a decision.

You really don't have to apologize :D
It's a simple thing and it's a simple explanation. No need feel sorry for anything

Is it possible to change this? There might be good accounts and people might come back. They would leave if they can't find their accounts and we could lose potential members.

Nameless said:
Is it possible to change this? There might be good accounts and people might come back. They would leave if they can't find their accounts and we could lose potential members.

you could delete spam accounts but original accounts have users emails or other contact info in them. you could have used them or you could have left them alone

[quote="Star_Of_Hope" pid='107984' dateline='1537964965']

Use the quote button. As for the reply, it is not always possible to identify legitemate accounts among spam accounts. If people couldn't even post one post, then why bother?
[/quote]

But it would be better to not delete accounts or ask them to post before deleting them.
I wouldn't step into a forum again if my account gets deleted without any notice.

Nameless said:
But it would be better to not delete accounts or ask them to post before deleting them.
I wouldn't step into a forum again if my account gets deleted without any notice.

Nice point. @star Maybe you should send a warning email first like a week or so before deleting asking them to make at least one post to keep it active

We will be deleting these accounts soon.
So, do post a little if you don't want your account, to get deleted

don't forget to send a mail first star.
that's for the best and i think some old members would return to, when you do that

My friends made an account here man.
It's called Kraus and it's got deleted. You should have sent a mail before deleting them.

Super Gamer_Girl said:
Is my account secure now or do I have to do something else?

Welcome to MAF Super Gamer girl.
Your account is secure now :D
We delete zero post accounts to keep the forum clean.

Back