Ruler of the Land

Ace

As Always with my simple reviews It's MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION

[[[NOTE: Later I describe how I hate the main character's personality and you could wonder why I continued this series, the main reason I did is cause the story kept bringing me in, normally with the main character like this I'd drop it but the story intrigued me. There's your answer.]]]

Manga Name: Ruler of the Land

Source: Manga Rock

Ranking: 175

Chapters: 482

Update Rate: Decent

Genres: Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Romance, Ecchi, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen, Drama, and Gender Bender

Description:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bi-Kwang is a handsome young warrior who becomes a drooling mess whenever he sees a pretty girl. Out on the road he meets an extraordinary swordfighter with no name who is searching for a legendary master warrior. Bi-Kwang promises to aid the swordfighter if he lets Bi-Kwang meet his beautiful sister. Of course, it turns out the swordfighter is the sister, Hwa-Rin Dahm, and she must switch identities to keep the plot moving along. Bi-Kwang is immediately smitten, and thus we have a triangle involving only two people.

The story takes place in a setting in each side is trying to unify the Murim as a whole, and while this is taking place, Bi-Kwang who is extremely good at learning martial arts but doesn't want to learn it, gets into a deal where he takes the girl to see her grand father since he was the last person to see him before he disappeared and on the way he encounters many enemies and some friends (who show up from time to time) and he matures since he realizes why martial arts is so important and that he has been using it wrongly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Opinion: First off I want to point out I HATE Main Character's that are perverts or are idiots. But regardless the artwork is quite amazing, Though a bit too realistic but the story is amazing and does progress nicely. While it's Listed as "Gender Bender" It's nothing as magical as you'd think the romance is quite nice though a bit too "comedic" For the first bit before it gets actually addressed.

[ ] Manga complete?
[/] Great Art?
[x] Stunning storyline?
[x] Fantastic Character design?

Though this does tick the same boxes as Vinland Saga I'm giving it a rougher ranking as I kind of hate the personality of the main character.

6.5/10

Artworks:

4b4850173e670e9c0f6674ad3f5ed5d0.png

662fda82742db4f7f88482777f01a3c0.jpg

c59645f19bfc00e8e677f8783bfd997e.jpg

A cliche manga with romance and reminded me of Kenshin. The mc is a strong swordfighter too?

KuranKaname said:
A cliche manga with romance and reminded me of Kenshin. The mc is a strong swordfighter too?

not only a sword fighter hahah
can use pretty much all martial arts in the storyline

Ace said:
not only a sword fighter hahah
can use pretty much all martial arts in the storyline

that's totally overpowering. did anyone ever stand a chance against him? without a strong opponent the manga would be pointless.

Somehow it reminded of twelve Kingdoms for some unknown reason.
If I have time, i will check it out. Most of the time, rulers, countries... Are interesting in manga

a traingle is formed when at least two parties like someone. if it's that mc alone then it can't be called as a triangle

Ace said:
it's extremely good but i will warn you it is STILL ongoing

Well then it must be interesting. I am currently following another ongoing manga but if I like this one I could add it to my list lol

blackrose said:
Well then it must be interesting. I am currently following another ongoing manga but if I like this one I could add it to my list lol

it is really good. I follow ALOT of ongoing manga.

Back