Psycho pass Review - recommending is not enough, might contain spoilers

Minj369 said:
That's your opinion and in your eyes it might be better. and that's fine. but i usually recomment things i like so... i recommended Psycho pass.

I haven't been here very long and I forgot most of the things.
Tell me minj. Did you watch himitsu before saying that psycho pass is better than himitsu?

Nel said:
I haven't been here very long and I forgot most of the things.
Tell me minj. Did you watch himitsu before saying that psycho pass is better than himitsu?

i didn't say that at all, it's in the comments. someone else said it.

well, i just said i recommend what i like. i watched 2 eps of himitsu, i can say, it didn't grab my full attention. nowadays i don't have much time to watch anime either... i might give it another shot in the future tho... and btw. i never compare shows. it's useless to compare since each writer and manga artist has hers/his own perception of things. and i take each story as a one of a kind experience.

Minj369 said:
Okay, But, i think you're misplacing the meaning here, it's not cynical it's being realistic.
I know that sometimes it's uncomfortable to deal with those thoughts, with those facts.
but as you can see, i'm very much blunt with things, i don't want to make you uncomfortable... but being realistic is very important to me. we have our small little lives and we want to be happy in them but we must never forget the people that are, on a daily basis, are dying in other countries over nothing at all, that suffer ten fold times more then we do, that there are people in this world that do not have the privileges that we have. and historically, we should never ever forget the people who dedicated their lives so we can have all the beautiful rights, privileges and technology we have today.
you can choose to avoid talking about it, but if you do realy want to avoid those subjects don't say cliche sentences that have impossible percentage of existing in our days and age.

I can argue with you but at the end, I highly doubt you can change my view of seeing things and I don't think I can achieve that either. At the end, it will only make us see bitter things and I don't want to dislike you or do I want to be disliked by you, for no other reason than being a realistic person, that i am.
May be I am being paranoid but at the end of the day, all the humans are the same trying to protect themselves from possible hurt either physical or emotional.

Mine said:
I can argue with you but at the end, I highly doubt you can change my view of seeing things and I don't think I can achieve that either. At the end, it will only make us see bitter things and I don't want to dislike you or do I want to be disliked by you, for no other reason than being a realistic person, that i am.
May be I am being paranoid but at the end of the day, all the humans are the same trying to protect themselves from possible hurt either physical or emotional.

Minj369 said:
i didn't say that at all, it's in the comments. someone else said it.

well, i just said i recommend what i like. i watched 2 eps of himitsu, i can say, it didn't grab my full attention. nowadays i don't have much time to watch anime either... i might give it another shot in the future tho... and btw. i never compare shows. it's useless to compare since each writer and manga artist has hers/his own perception of things. and i take each story as a one of a kind experience.

I am sorry I didn't notice that.
Himitsu is really offensive. In there an individual cannot keep their hidden secrets no matter what the cost.
I don't like it anymore.

well, it's just an idea of how a future would look like... i don't think that we have enough privacy in our world either, although we do not have machines that can read our thoughts and go into our most secret memories... still privacy is only in your head, and the creator of hinitsu knows that and just showed what it would look like if the goverment had this tool to break your most sacred privacy. i can appreciate that.

Minj369 said:
there is no comparing it. it's two consecutive seasons each has a story line but it follows.
the compare part can come when comparing and old anime that was re-done and aired.
i can't compare anything in this show

I am talking about the feel, plot design, story development and such.
I can easily pick psycho pass 1 as my choice.

Minj369 said:
well, it's just an idea of how a future would look like... i don't think that we have enough privacy in our world either, although we do not have machines that can read our thoughts and go into our most secret memories... still privacy is only in your head, and the creator of hinitsu knows that and just showed what it would look like if the goverment had this tool to break your most sacred privacy. i can appreciate that.

What do you mean by we don't have enough privacy even now?
How can you say that? In himitsu just about everything is warped with the twisted feelings of that brain's owner.

Nel said:
What do you mean by we don't have enough privacy even now?
How can you say that? In himitsu just about everything is warped with the twisted feelings of that brain's owner.

well, the internet has given way to people losing all sense of privacy, sharing and uploading every thought they have... games that keep track of your where abouts, social networks that encourage you to say things to the public that usually would never be considered as positive, deep or shallow thoughts are just thrown at other people without regarding the resault.... a conversation like we have is something else tho, we choose to continue what we talk about or not... unlike other social sites.... which i hate, with a pasion! all we have left, is ourselves, by the end of the day our mind and thoughts that we don't share, shames that have happened to us when we were younger, lies we have told but kept the truth to ourselves, himitsu actually breaks that barrier, you have no privacy... you have no secrets that you can keep.

You are all getting side tracked. I thought we were talking about only psycho pass here when in reality every other anime is being discussed here. Oh good lord, I am not the only one who loves to deviate from things.

Testaccount said:
You are all getting side tracked. I thought we were talking about only psycho pass here when in reality every other anime is being discussed here. Oh good lord, I am not the only one who loves to deviate from things.

i'm just going wherever the conversation leads. everyone gets side tracked and deviate from a subject, this is the best way to give examples that will prove a point.

I saw psycho pass before. Its a good enough anime but there are better anime. It does give mecha anime a new meaning but I am not into  futuristic stuff.

Minj369 said:
well, the internet has given way to people losing all sense of privacy, sharing and uploading every thought they have... games that keep track of your where abouts, social networks that encourage you to say things to the public that usually would never be considered as positive, deep or shallow thoughts are just thrown at other people without regarding the resault.... a conversation like we have is something else tho, we choose to continue what we talk about or not... unlike other social sites.... which i hate, with a pasion! all we have left, is ourselves, by the end of the day our mind and thoughts that we don't share, shames that have happened to us when we were younger, lies we have told but kept the truth to ourselves, himitsu actually breaks that barrier, you have no privacy... you have no secrets that you can keep.
In a broad sense what you have said is the truth but most of the people believe that they are protecting their privacy. We should let them feel that way instead of explaining the situation. That's where himitsu angered me a bit. You can never be able to hide anything from anyone even though you haven't done anything wrong. Kinda like the lady detective who got her brain cut and parceled for the agency.

Nel said:
In a broad sense what you have said is the truth but most of the people believe that they are protecting their privacy. We should let them feel that way instead of explaining the situation. That's where himitsu angered me a bit. You can never be able to hide anything from anyone even though you haven't done anything wrong. Kinda like the lady detective who got her brain cut and parceled for the agency.

oh i agree with you on that, let's give people the sense that they are not monitored, which is what our governments do everyday by keeping us occupied with irrelevant things, commercials, consumers industry, to shove us more things we don't need for more money than we already have... paying for every little thing we do and well keeping our minds completely off the most important subjects of out daily life... man sometimes i wish i was a 3 year old again, no responsibility, without a care in the world....

Minj369 said:
oh i agree with you on that, let's give people the sense that they are not monitored, which is what our governments do everyday by keeping us occupied with irrelevant things, commercials, consumers industry, to shove us more things we don't need for more money than we already have... paying for every little thing we do and well keeping our minds completely off the most important subjects of out daily life... man sometimes i wish i was a 3 year old again, no responsibility, without a care in the world....
I didn't get a notification for this. Havery you ever thought that everything in this world is what we made? Humans just like in the anime are responsible for everything

Back