Psycho pass Review - recommending is not enough, might contain spoilers

Minj369

Psycho pass - 

This show was aired in 2012, it was followed by a second season in the year 2014 and a movie that was aired last year on january.
the recommended order of watching this is:

Psycho - pass first season
Psycho pass 2 until episode 5
Psycho pass movie
and finish season 2.

if you want to know why i'll just tell you, as one who watched it all without order it will be nice but the movie focuses on some time after the second season started so by the timeline it will make sense to you. i promise!

The anime is set in a futuristic Japan where society is being supervised and controlled by a system called "SHIBYL" while criminals are detected with this system on a basis of "Crime coefficient" this is what makes you do criminal things and act as a criminal.
To keep the general order in society, those who are caught with a relatively low amount of "Crime coefficient" are sent to rehab and therapy while others who are beyond saving are killed. it is not a pretty sight, this show has it's gory moments, those are priceless i must say. this show just goes to show you how much Urobuchi loves Humanity.
The show revolves around our main character Tsunemori Akane, one of the most special female characters made (Since women are so not logical, emotional and very much useless in most anime's) she's the exact opposite.
Working along side Kougami the ex - detective who's now a criminal working for the police as a "Hound dog" for criminals such as himself. everything seems perfect enough with the way people are living up until Akane decides that things just don't add up and to top it all we meet our antagonist and the man everyone would love to be at some point in their lives Makishima shougo.
Makishima is the second character that comes to show Urobuchi's continuous growing despair in man kind where a man that has no conscience, a man that knows his purpose in life and believes it so much that the system can not read his actions as criminal.
when the most horrid secret of the show is revealed to us we expect our protagonist Tsunemori akane to have a complete change of heart and become a rebel against "Shibyl" we get the all accepting Attitude and the determination to change what is fundamentally wrong with "Shibyl".
This show will take you on a tour to one of the most prolific human "Hater" brain and perception called Urobuchi.
as a fact to his undying "Love for humanity" you can also see his other known works such as:

Fate/zero
Black lagoon
Phantom: Requiem for the phantom

and others that you may or may not like. feel free to write his name on google and read about him.

overall, Psycho pass is a psychological, Action, Police, Sci-Fi show that answers every one of those aspects in full and in detail. the animation is very good and the story keeps you on your toes, my mind was completely immersed in this show and it stands as one of the most representing show in my eyes on how human race will bring on it's own doom.

thank you for reading ^^

Season 1 was great, in my opinion..... Season 2 didn't pack the punch, due to weak villains, and a below-average plot(at least when compared to the first season)..... Is the movie any good? I haven't watched it yet..... How was Phantom: Requiem, when compared to this one, in your opinion?

MadaraUchiha said:
Season 1 was great, in my opinion..... Season 2 didn't pack the punch, due to weak villains, and a below-average plot(at least when compared to the first season)..... Is the movie any good? I haven't watched it yet..... How was Phantom: Requiem, when compared to this one, in your opinion?

I didn't get to watch Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, yet!
I started Black Lagoon a few months back but didn't get to finish it, yet!
and Fate/zero is on hold for the moment.
I'm on a little break now cuz it's a holliday and family and many more things on my mind.
The movie was packed with great animation, the action was endless and the story was kind of, off topic.
but in the end everything concerning the development of "Shibyl" according to Tsunemori's relentless advice of it's flaws show that there is no way out of this way of living.
If you liked Psycho pass all the way through then the movie is worth the watch, and in season 2, the villain might be less of an impact than Makishima but it certinley delivers another blow to the integrity of "Shibyl" and the way it works around it's own laws.
the OMG moment i had in season 2 was worth every second and the movie fills the hole left by Kougami after the first season.
after watching all 3 i can say without a doubt is should be watched all the way through. but i know that some wouldn't agree with me and it's okay. in my eyes Urobuchi is a genious and his work is very detailed and has a mix of faith in human kind and optimism with complete and utter despair of it at the same time.

Minj369 said:
I didn't get to watch Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, yet!
I started Black Lagoon a few months back but didn't get to finish it, yet!
and Fate/zero is on hold for the moment.
I'm on a little break now cuz it's a holliday and family and many more things on my mind.
The movie was packed with great animation, the action was endless and the story was kind of, off topic.
but in the end everything concerning the development of "Shibyl" according to Tsunemori's relentless advice of it's flaws show that there is no way out of this way of living.
If you liked Psycho pass all the way through then the movie is worth the watch, and in season 2, the villain might be less of an impact than Makishima but it certinley delivers another blow to the integrity of "Shibyl" and the way it works around it's own laws.
the OMG moment i had in season 2 was worth every second and the movie fills the hole left by Kougami after the first season.
after watching all 3 i can say without a doubt is should be watched all the way through. but i know that some wouldn't agree with me and it's okay. in my eyes Urobuchi is a genious and his work is very detailed and has a mix of faith in human kind and optimism with complete and utter despair of it at the same time.

Well, yeah, opinions differ between each person, but, by and large, I agree with everything you said...... And, do watch Phantom Requiem for the Phantom..... It's good....

MadaraUchiha said:
Well, yeah, opinions differ between each person, but, by and large, I agree with everything you said...... And, do watch Phantom Requiem for the Phantom..... It's good....

Psycho pass is good but the way, they make us see things isn't good.
I am sorry, I am new here and may be I shouldn't say this but psycho pass is too overrated. The sibil system got lots of flaws and it's impossible to watch such a system rule the human world either intentionally or unintentionally.

Mine said:
Psycho pass is good but the way, they make us see things isn't good.
I am sorry, I am new here and may be I shouldn't say this but psycho pass is too overrated. The sibil system got lots of flaws and it's impossible to watch such a system rule the human world either intentionally or unintentionally.

I wouldn't expect anything less, no one would like a system that has so many flaws to control humans but we have worse things than sibil in the real world and i think you'd agree with me on this one... sibil is nothing but a way to show us how things might look if we were to count on the criminals that already run countries to introduce us to an A.I system based on their twisted perception of "how to live your life" and Makishima shougo and twisted as he might be, he represents the human race that does not wish for sibil to control the people.
i do go deep in meanings, i'm sorry if it seems very cold and unfriendly but you did start heavy convos... it would be nice to write about other things and talk to you about less heavy and depressing things, we are already depressed as it is don't you think?

This is an anime not for kids.
I just couldn't watch this in public and I had to wait long hours to watch it.

What do you think is good? Psycho pass 1 or psycho pass 2?

Yato said:
This is an anime not for kids.
I just couldn't watch this in public and I had to wait long hours to watch it.

What do you think is good? Psycho pass 1 or psycho pass 2?

there is no comparing it. it's two consecutive seasons each has a story line but it follows.
the compare part can come when comparing and old anime that was re-done and aired.
i can't compare anything in this show

Minj369 said:
I wouldn't expect anything less, no one would like a system that has so many flaws to control humans but we have worse things than sibil in the real world and i think you'd agree with me on this one... sibil is nothing but a way to show us how things might look if we were to count on the criminals that already run countries to introduce us to an A.I system based on their twisted perception of "how to live your life" and Makishima shougo and twisted as he might be, he represents the human race that does not wish for sibil to control the people.
i do go deep in meanings, i'm sorry if it seems very cold and unfriendly but you did start heavy convos... it would be nice to write about other things and talk to you about less heavy and depressing things, we are already depressed as it is don't you think?

I don't like killing in general. I believe each and every human got the right to live. If someone is bad, then there will be a reason for us to trace back to the core. Do you know that the living conditions, surrounding people, parents and other people play a huge part in one's personality. So, if someone like killing then we can say that, he saw people he didn't give a damn about others lives, in his life. So, he never understood the real meaning of life. If a person is protected and if we make him see only good in people, right from the birth, then he would never turn into a killer. That's my concept for life. More like that's clara's theory and I liked it so much that I am seeing things in that way.

As for psycho pass, makishima kills people without a second thought and it's unforgivable.

I don't like killing in general. I believe each and every human got the right to live. If someone is bad, then there will be a reason for us to trace back to the core. Do you know that the living conditions, surrounding people, parents and other people play a huge part in one's personality. So, if someone like killing then we can say that, he saw people he didn't give a damn about others lives, in his life. So, he never understood the real meaning of life. If a person is protected and if we make him see only good in people, right from the birth, then he would never turn into a killer. That's my concept for life. More like that's clara's theory and I liked it so much that I am seeing things in that way.

As for psycho pass, makishima kills people without a second thought and it's unforgivable.

That's the cutest thing i heard in so long!
That's what i used to think when i was younger and naive... but.... saying that is very easy, i don't see how saying that everyone has the right to live corresponds with a death penalty.... and btw... there are soooo many (and there is proof of it that can be presented) "good people" from great loving families that grew up to be the cruelest killers.
I can't say that 100% of this world is rotten but... there are so many faults that come with a personality and you just CAN'T say it relies about your surroundings... a sociopath or a psychopath is a condition that 95% of the times is not depending on your surroundings and family as much as to your personality and mental state. How can you explain to me... the fact... that so many "good people" from good families raped and killed women and children in the Vietnam war??? How can it be that "good people" from great families rape and treat women like rags in India??? How can you say that all the greatest dictators of any time came from a broken family...?? You don't know that... How do you define... a person by him family? That's not objective at all... that's just a pink bubble... some parents do everything they can to make a child a good human... and sometimes the kid is just a born sociopath and his perception is completely twisted, the kid ends up killing pets and stuff... they reprimand him but reprimanding is useless... it's a permanent condition dear, a psychopath and a sociopath is not a curable disease... it's just there. And they can come from all classes of society unrelated to the way they were raised.
Killing is one of the first things that happened in every religions history, right after the birth of anything, whether it's a god that killed another or a human killing his brother or enemy. As much as i don't like it, and i don't. Death in all shapes is horrible. But it's an act that ever since the dawn of humanity was part of humanities nature.
About Makishima... you kinda lost your perspective here... he might be presented as an antagonist... but the real enemy is sibil. That system did worse than Makishima through out the show.....

It's a good show but I don't recommend it to people, who are not into gore and blood. It's just like himitsu, in my opinion.
Both of them are detective anime.

If anything, himitsu is better than psycho pass.

Nel said:
It's a good show but I don't recommend it to people, who are not into gore and blood. It's just like himitsu, in my opinion.
Both of them are detective anime.

If anything, himitsu is better than psycho pass.

That's your opinion and in your eyes it might be better. and that's fine. but i usually recomment things i like so... i recommended Psycho pass.

May be they have a cruel streak in them from birth or they want to prove themselves to people around them.
Rebellious stage, want to fit in, these things always causes trouble for others.Do you know that most of the bullies in schools have abusive parents and inferiority complex?

Mine said:
May be they have a cruel streak in them from birth or they want to prove themselves to people around them.
Rebellious stage, want to fit in, these things always causes trouble for others.Do you know that most of the bullies in schools have abusive parents and inferiority complex?

what you just wrote completely ignores the fact that i just explained to you in detail!!
and what Urobochi also shows, that even "Normal" people can become homicidal and do outrageous things... that is so blind of you. really. bullies? i know buliies, i was bullied a lot, never changes the fact that inside they are nothing but big crying babies that see no way out of a controlling parents way of life that was set for them without even asking them what they want, you'd be like that too.
stop, please., do'nt try and run away from the fact tht every bit of every thing i wrote in my previous reply is the hurtfull truth of the world we live in. i'm not saying become depressed and kill yourself because the world sucks, but acknowledge the fact that the world sucks and try and make your small little bubble of happieness with the people which you really do care about. don't be so ewasy to believe in people, because by nature, humans are selfish and when push comes to shove they will throw you under the bus. just, it's really for your own good, because people take advantage of naive and over trusting people. really they do, and i know that because i have been there. mine... don't ignore facts. please.

Minj369 said:
what you just wrote completely ignores the fact that i just explained to you in detail!!
and what Urobochi also shows, that even "Normal" people can become homicidal and do outrageous things... that is so blind of you. really. bullies? i know buliies, i was bullied a lot, never changes the fact that inside they are nothing but big crying babies that see no way out of a controlling parents way of life that was set for them without even asking them what they want, you'd be like that too.
stop, please., do'nt try and run away from the fact tht every bit of every thing i wrote in my previous reply is the hurtfull truth of the world we live in. i'm not saying become depressed and kill yourself because the world sucks, but acknowledge the fact that the world sucks and try and make your small little bubble of happieness with the people which you really do care about. don't be so ewasy to believe in people, because by nature, humans are selfish and when push comes to shove they will throw you under the bus. just, it's really for your own good, because people take advantage of naive and over trusting people. really they do, and i know that because i have been there. mine... don't ignore facts. please.

my ladies, you peeps think psycho pass system isn't good?
we peeps might end up in such system in future.

my lady xD
it's the way things are. if you become too stressed that you might actually become a threat to others? that would be the situation with this psycho pass thing.

Minj369 said:

I won't ignore them but only some people can actually answer them.
I don't have those answers without getting to the cynical part.
So, I am avoiding them.

Mine said:
I won't ignore them but only some people can actually answer them.
I don't have those answers without getting to the cynical part.
So, I am avoiding them.

Okay, But, i think you're misplacing the meaning here, it's not cynical it's being realistic.
I know that sometimes it's uncomfortable to deal with those thoughts, with those facts.
but as you can see, i'm very much blunt with things, i don't want to make you uncomfortable... but being realistic is very important to me. we have our small little lives and we want to be happy in them but we must never forget the people that are, on a daily basis, are dying in other countries over nothing at all, that suffer ten fold times more then we do, that there are people in this world that do not have the privileges that we have. and historically, we should never ever forget the people who dedicated their lives so we can have all the beautiful rights, privileges and technology we have today.
you can choose to avoid talking about it, but if you do realy want to avoid those subjects don't say cliche sentences that have impossible percentage of existing in our days and age.

Back