Protection Plans?

Thomasss

When you go out and buy new technology, do you usually get the protection plan to go with it? I used to work in a retail environment and we had so much pressure to sell them that I despised them even more... Most (like Apple) already have their own plans that come with the product right away, but still most offer extended plans that offer the same protections that most warranties do anyway.

I have my phone through AT&T and they wanted me to get the protection plan, even though I have Apple Care on my phone that covers everything and more that ATT does. It's ridiculous on some push for these plans when they're not needed.

Thomasss said:
When you go out and buy new technology, do you usually get the protection plan to go with it? I used to work in a retail environment and we had so much pressure to sell them that I despised them even more... Most (like Apple) already have their own plans that come with the product right away, but still most offer extended plans that offer the same protections that most warranties do anyway.

I have my phone through AT&T and they wanted me to get the protection plan, even though I have Apple Care on my phone that covers everything and more that ATT does. It's ridiculous on some push for these plans when they're not needed.

I know your pain, I work in an office supply store and it is insane how badly they have to push them, me being the one that has to push them. It should be a crime as most of these hand up being customer hassling.

Most devices come with a manufacturer and retailer guarantee for at least one year, free of charge. This usually covers only manufacturing faults, not accidental damage. It's best to purchase device protective accessories instead, like a glass screen protector and a hard back case to prevent unexpected breakages.

Alexander said:
Most devices come with a manufacturer and retailer guarantee for at least one year, free of charge. This usually covers only manufacturing faults, not accidental damage. It's best to purchase device protective accessories instead, like a glass screen protector and a hard back case to prevent unexpected breakages.

good luck finding any retailer guarantee beyond 2 weeks, and most manufacturer warranties are like pulling teeth to get done.

[quote="Grungie" pid='207496' dateline='1594564845']
I’ve never broken any of my electronics
[/quote]

really?
not even your phone grungie? that's really awesome.

Back